• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is finally clarifying the situation regarding future Bethesda games

Concern

Every single game day and date, not quite the same.

Lol you're still trying to grasp for a reaction. Still multiplatform just like Xbox. And its only the beginning, soon it'll end up day and date too.

You're trying to get a reaction from me using fanboy logic lol. But im not offended or having a meltdown over pc ports and that wont ruin my enjoyment of any game. Sorry it does for you tho 🤷🏻‍♂️

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
He's a dick and doesn't know what he's talking about half the time, one of the annoying Xboys along with Cat Lady, Monarch, Concern and Bernd Lauret. Xbox zealots posting LOLs on anyone's posts if they don't worship at the altar of Phil Spencer and GamePass.

Microsoft will get my money if I buy an MGS game. As you can see, currently I own Gears 4 and 5. The rest of my games are from Steam where they don't see a penny of my money. I might take a look at Perfect Dark and Indiana Jones, but these games are years off.

You never fail to entertain. This post is hilarious coming from one of the worst Sony fanboys on GAF

hqdefault.jpg

Fredrik

Yeah I agree. I think the deal has just generated a lot of hype with a hardcore subset of the forum.
Agreed, the hype for Xbox probably hasn’t been this maxed before, there is talk everywhere, strong emotions everywhere. Microsoft really needed this. They completely dropped the ball when they delayed Halo, they had no plan B, and Sony has been enjoying more hype than ever. Now things are finally starting to balance out. It’s clear that both platforms will have a ton of awesome games going forward. I only have XSX so far but it’s just because PS5 can’t be bought in my country so I’ve decided to wait for a revision with a bigger SSD. Can’t see myself skip either console.

Hezekiah

Banned
Lol you're still trying to grasp for a reaction. Still multiplatform just like Xbox. And its only the beginning, soon it'll end up day and date too.

You're trying to get a reaction from me using fanboy logic lol. But im not offended or having a meltdown over pc ports and that wont ruin my enjoyment of any game. Sorry it does for you tho 🤷🏻‍♂️
Why on earth are you so sensitive? You tried to compare them and I just pointed out the difference (which is rather large in terms of approach).

And saying Playstation games will be day and date on PC is a massive assumption - it's another thing you've pulled out of thin air (a recurring theme).

He also said that he can't state the obvious until the acquisition has finished because it is illegal for him.

Of course it's illegal, but INTENTION was obvious from the last year. And it was so obvious because statements were changed like clothes every few months ( like that tweet shows it) He barely hold this long to proudly announce it.

Last edited:

Concern

Why on earth are you so sensitive? You tried to compare them and I just pointed out the difference (which is rather large in terms of approach).

And saying Playstation games will be day and date on PC is a massive assumption - it's another thing you've pulled out of thin air (a recurring theme).

Sensitive? Lol

Coming from the fanboy insulting people, sending pictures, and grasping at straws for reactions. Whats next? Going to send me a selfie too??

Massive assumption? Lol yea just like Playstation exclusives were never going to pc right? All you've done is derail and insult people here. No sense replying anymore.

Hezekiah

Banned
You never fail to entertain. This post is hilarious coming from one of the worst Sony fanboys on GAF

hqdefault.jpg
I mean that's better than the usual LOL I guess. Must have dug deep on this one.
Agreed, the hype for Xbox probably hasn’t been this maxed before, there is talk everywhere, strong emotions everywhere. Microsoft really needed this. They completely dropped the ball when they delayed Halo, they had no plan B, and Sony has been enjoying more hype than ever. Now things are finally starting to balance out. It’s clear that both platforms will have a ton of awesome games going forward. I only have XSX so far but it’s just because PS5 can’t be bought in my country so I’ve decided to wait for a revision with a bigger SSD. Can’t see myself skip either console.
Yeah I imagine there'll be a fair bit of astroturfing for a while yet. I think Microsoft are adopting the Netflix model which means you need a large library to get people to remain subscribed long-term (especially when deals run out).

But yeah, the PS5 is really hard to get hold of everywhere it seems, but when you have multiple platforms you're never short of good games to play.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
One thing this thread makes me think of, there is no doubt that this November to now, there has been more demand for the PS5 than the Series X/S, by how much we don't really know.
But if this starts to swing more buyers towards a Series X or S instead of a PS5, it's really money left on the table and big advantage perhaps squandered - especially if they face a software drought going into fall 2021 and Halo hits and is good backed up by a large amount of hardware available.

Hezekiah

Banned
Sensitive? Lol

Coming from the fanboy insulting people, sending pictures, and grasping at straws for reactions. Whats next? Going to send me a selfie too??

Massive assumption? Lol yea just like Playstation exclusives were never going to pc right? All you've done is derail and insult people here. No sense replying anymore.
Sending pictures? You mean posting my PC set up to show that I'll be able to play any of these Bethesda games regardless of platform, in light of your bragging.

"You can play on your monster pc" 😁 - I mean that's what you posted, and it came across as a little sarcastic so...

Feel like you need to let it go, you seem so uptight for a Friday evening on a gaming forum.

Last edited:

Concern

Sending pictures? You mean posting my PC set up to show that I'll be able to play any of these Bethesda games regardless of platforms in light of your bragging,

"You can play on your monster pc" 😁 - I mean that's what you posted, and it came across a little sarcastic so....

Feel like you need to let it go, you seem so uptight for a Friday evening on a gaming forum.

Didn't ask you for a picture tho, did I? Lol im kinda flattered my opinion matters so much you tried to impress me tho.

Hezekiah

Banned
Didn't ask you for a picture tho, did I? Lol im kinda flattered my opinion matters so much you tried to impress me tho.
I don't need to ask you to post anything though. That post was the forum not only you, don't know why you're so upset by five pictures of a gaming PC 🤔.
So true!
And have you looked at the Gamepass update today? 🤗
Amazing! And I still leech from the dirt cheap GPU sub til mid next year 👌
No I don't have it, not enough games interest me, but I understand a lot of people have really cheap long-term deals and are leeching off it 👍.

Hezekiah

Banned
I nearly spat my coffee out this morning when I opened the Gamepass app

RYNhAmG.png

RSTcyQ5.png
Yeah I have Dishonored and Prey, both really good games.

I really like the first two rebooted Wolfenstein games, but it sounds like they ruined Young Blood so I never got it, but worth you trying it I reckon.

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
At this point, if you're still clamoring on about Bethesda games coming to PS, you're in legit denial. That's just f@$?!ing stupid. You're asking to get your heart broken. Better to let it go..

Schmick

Someone should tell Microsoft that they are currently allowing their "exclusive" franchises to all be played on PS Now.

You know, since they are soooo concerned about exclusivity for GP.

Kind of weird, isn't it? That they would buy Bethesda solely to have these games exclusively be on GP, then let them keep being on PS Now?

Certainly an innovative approach to "exclusivity" :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Is there a poll somewhere on Gaf where we can vote for the worse post ever written because this one would get my vote.

Perfect post! 👏👏👏

Good to see I'm not alone in the sentiment; at the end of the day I want a strong Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft. And Microsoft wasn't particularly strong the previous gen due to an avalanche of terrible early decisions.

It's good to see them get their stride back and it doesn't have to come at the expense of Nintendo or Sony, which is how I think most of the people having meltdowns over the Zenimax stuff view it as. They'd probably also be just as surprised how many PlayStation owners also have an Xbox, Switch and/or PC. Single-system households isn't nearly as common as it may've been back in the 6th-gen or earlier.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This thread certainly makes one wonder, what would happen to xbox console sales if they ended pc versions? It's not a great idea overall but it would probably spike console sales to a closet level to that of Sony.

VAL0R

Banned
My Playstation brothers, it's time to let go. Look for your Bethesda games. But do not trust to hope. It has forsaken these forums.

Last edited:
Xbox fans must be really suffering with game drought to be this excited for old games that can be already bought for a dime on every platform coming to a subscription service. I honestly don't get this

You're on a video game enthusiast forum wondering aloud why people would be excited to play Bethesda's back catalogue of well-received video games and all future releases on a service they already use and enjoy.

I have a theory on this.

What if:

Not everyone on Earth has played every game ever made.

Crazy right? So if you haven't already played every single Bethesda studio game made in the last 20 years, already have Gamepass and want to play them you get to do that. Pretty neat right? Also, the games they release in the future, you can play those using the same service. Maybe that's why people are excited. Just a guess though.

reksveks

One thing this thread makes me think of, there is no doubt that this November to now, there has been more demand for the PS5 than the Series X/S, by how much we don't really know.
But if this starts to swing more buyers towards a Series X or S instead of a PS5, it's really money left on the table and big advantage perhaps squandered - especially if they face a software drought going into fall 2021 and Halo hits and is good backed up by a large amount of hardware available.
Microsoft just needs to keep the factories busy making XSX/Azure servers whilst they get their ducks lined up in a row.

Being sarcastic a little bit, but yeah being supply constraint is going to hurt Sony more than Microsoft at the moment.

Fredrik

This thread certainly makes one wonder, what would happen to xbox console sales if they ended pc versions? It's not a great idea overall but it would probably spike console sales to a closet level to that of Sony.

No GIF

I mean, sure the sales would no doubt go up, but then we would miss out on the improved graphics, higher framerates, triple screen Forza, mouse and keyboard The Elder Scrolls, inofficial mods, etc. So no no no, it’s really just a bad idea, sorry.

The PC-Xbox synergy is actually one of the reasons I have the XSX. People say you don’t need a Xbox if you have a PC but I say I don’t need a living room PC if I have a Xbox. They really need to make a bigger push for Play Anywhere, it’s the best feature nobody talks about. Save syncs and less double dipping, it’s awesome. They just need to get Steam saves into the folds as well. Do it MS! 👍

turtlepowa

Banned
They would rise, but it's no longer MS's strategy to do so. You make the money with software, not hardware. So MS doesn't care anymore about selling as much hardware as possible. Sony does and the Sony fanboys even more.

Last edited:

Outrunner

You're on a video game enthusiast forum wondering aloud why people would be excited to play Bethesda's back catalogue of well-received video games and all future releases on a service they already use and enjoy.

I have a theory on this.

What if:

Not everyone on Earth has played every game ever made.

Crazy right? So if you haven't already played every single Bethesda studio game made in the last 20 years, already have Gamepass and want to play them you get to do that. Pretty neat right? Also, the games they release in the future, you can play those using the same service. Maybe that's why people are excited. Just a guess though.

Exactly because it's an enthusiast forum I'd expect anyone who gives a crap about these games would already own them or somehow have played them seeing they have been on all sorts of sales and jumping in and subscription services for years. These are not new games.

Warablo

None of these games have legacy except with the PC. Elder Scrolls has a slight legacy on Xbox.

Sony also does a shit job allowing mods.

Mmnow

Exactly because it's an enthusiast forum I'd expect anyone who gives a crap about these games would already own them or somehow have played them seeing they have been on all sorts of sales and jumping in and subscription services for years. These are not new games.
Gamepass is great for discovering new games you haven't played before and it's great for revisiting stuff.

There are too many great games and not enough time. I don't buy games I'm not going to play in a short amount of time, and I don't tend to double dip on platforms. That means I've missed out on ultimate editions and countless great games I just wasn't interested enough to buy at the time or on the platform I currently own.

So New Vegas, which I haven't played since I got the Ultimate Edition on PC in 2012 or so, is something I'm absolutely due to play again. Prey came with my PS Pro, but I never got round to it. I'd rather play it at 60fps on Gamepass. Dishonored I rented years ago, couldn't really get into, and never rebought it. Now I can give it a second chance, at a better framerate.

I was playing the original Doom this morning. The last time i played it was on the Snes Mini and I own half a dozen versions on various platforms. Why would it be a bad thing to have easy access to an awesome version of it again?

xHunter

Here is the compilation of takes.

Bonus:
why did you put my post in this? It doesnt even say anything about bethesda games.

Edit: The funny part is that you went back and edit the post in today, since i got the notification today. Maybe you should read the posts before you go on your crusade...

Last edited:

mejin

why did you put my post in this? It doesnt even say anything about bethesda games.

Edit: The funny part is that you went back and edit the post in today, since i got the notification today.

Me too and I still don't think I am wrong after Spencer's spins haha

Anyway, That's one hell of work. B Bodomism level of obsession. Well deserved gold.

Dibils2k

still, i am pretty sure all of those game, or majority of those game will come to PS4/PS5. you are not gonna just alienate more than 50-60% of those games buyers(real buyers) and leave those money on the table, you have to be pretty retarded to do that.
they wont when 90% of that 50-60% buys an Xbox/PC gamepass

Outrunner

Gamepass is great for discovering new games you haven't played before and it's great for revisiting stuff.

There are too many great games and not enough time. I don't buy games I'm not going to play in a short amount of time, and I don't tend to double dip on platforms. That means I've missed out on ultimate editions and countless great games I just wasn't interested enough to buy at the time or on the platform I currently own.

So New Vegas, which I haven't played since I got the Ultimate Edition on PC in 2012 or so, is something I'm absolutely due to play again. Prey came with my PS Pro, but I never got round to it. I'd rather play it at 60fps on Gamepass. Dishonored I rented years ago, couldn't really get into, and never rebought it. Now I can give it a second chance, at a better framerate.

I was playing the original Doom this morning. The last time i played it was on the Snes Mini and I own half a dozen versions on various platforms. Why would it be a bad thing to have easy access to an awesome version of it again?

It isn't a bad thing. I just find the reaction to this exaggerated, again as if this was about new releases when it isn't.

DaGwaphics

I seen fanboy Matt’s post from era saying trying to make this move look bad by saying this supports Trumps family because he’s on zenimaxs board. Something along those lines. Undercover Sony shill

Now that is desperation. What reaction are people even supposed to have to that? There are elites all around these big companies, those leaches latch on to anything they can. I'm not sure what could be done about it.

Top Bottom