• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is now trying to protect the children from Music in Forza Horizon 4

From words like "high" and "stardusted hazy" taken completely out of context as if they're supposed to relate to drugs, and worse than this the word "God" of all things has been completely removed from Never Say Die by Chvrches.

This editing has all taken place within the last month, the songs were not like this previously and there's ZERO changelog notes to account for. so they ninja edited these songs. This is just what I know of from the Pulse radio station, who knows about the other 80+ songs on the other stations. These sequences repeat multiple times during the course of the songs but I've isolated them to singular clips.

What in the hell is happening to our society?

Here are the originals timestamped to begin at the edited sequences for comparison.

Last edited:
This is a good thing. Shouldn’t be allowed to put drug references in any music, even if it’s merely hinting at it or could be confused as such.
Except they're not drug references and context is completely stripped.

Tell your friends us "normies" said hello.

honkler-dangerous-e1554776078975.png

somerset

This is the BBC influence. Increasingly Brit fabians who have worked for the BBC in social engineering roles are now employed by the US media giants to do the same thing on a grander scale.

Fabian is the original term for alt-left. Fabians are today commonly renamed as blairites- as in Tony Blair, the 'god' of all living fabians.

BBC runs the planet's biggest popular music real-time radio station, Radio One. Today Radio One is pretty much 99% fabian social engineering. The station mastermined the bowdlerising of music lyrics for fabian reasons (*and* played uncensored hardcore rap long before any US radio station did). It's a fabian trick for one audience to get highly censored content, and another to get uncensored.

Today the BBC encourages the mass market part of its audience to find as many things offensive as possible, and demand their removal. It becomes a fabian *joke* that their dumb-dumbs do not take actual context or meaning into account. BBC = 4chan in this regard.

So ex-BBC people at MS will think it hilarious to have the dumb-dumb MS managers sign off on censoring fake drug references in the music. And, beyond the sadistic joke, it is considered *practice* for the successful exertion of *influence*- for when the fabian 'influence' is intended for something the fabian leaders actually want.

The alt-left now fully control every major entity in the USA. It is widely accepted that blairites control every aspect of British society. People in the West have no experience of this form of political dominance- and thus excuse it as they still believe in the *fake* right vs left political system. The people of China would recognise the societal power of the fabians/blairites/alt-left in Britain/America/France/Germany/Canada etc etc etc in an instant, for it is the same as the people's party (which is also fabian) in China.

*You* are being *groomed* to a world of arbitary censorship where *you* always self-censor for fear of causing offense. That is why you have this silly pointless censorship of songs in Forza. And that is why in most forums, alt-left agents will post to justify the censorship- just as they did in Soviet east Germany for insatnce.

That's pretty sad. I don't understand why very vague (possible?) references are a concern anyway, but even if they are they could've probably found a lot of other music that doesn't refer to that kinda thing, and never put in these songs from the start.

GreatnessRD

This is why I hate people. Like, Christ... its a song. I'm sure little Jimmy heard worst from his parents.

But who am I to judge, lol.

Reactions: Isa
Can we still rip spines out of humans as long as we only use double plus good speak and pretend we hate boobs and butts.
You can still like them just don't objectify those who have them by looking at, or touching them without proper, formal permission first, and in an ongoing.

Remember that the first thing you see in a woman is her heart, and what gets your attention is her full character and the depth of her soul - only then can you open your eyes in her presence (if she grants you permission, and AGAIN be careful not to objectify her).

• LOL
You can still like them just don't objectify those who have them by looking at, or touching them without proper, formal permission first, and in an ongoing.

Remember that the first thing you see in a woman is her heart, and what gets your attention is her full character and the depth of her soul - only then can you open your eyes in her presence (if she grants you permission, and AGAIN be careful not to objectify her).
tom.png

They did this a while ago. Presumably it's because of the ESRB rating, E for everyone.
Everyone except those who acknowledge or celebrate a god or the word itself, or the word "high" which doesn't necessarily correlate with doing drugs and "stardusted hazy"? It's a song with like 80 references to space lol..

Dargor

Oh God, its happening!

The stupidity has evolved, it took Sony, now it claims MS. Who is gonna be next? Save yourselves people!

Kasumi70

Neo Member
If it was someone else game i would have a problem. Fora Horizon 4 is there game, they have the right to take out the songs that might have lyrics that are offensive. Sony want to have censorship in their games, I am okay. Because they are the publisher but someone else game, I am not okay with censorship. As someone said the game is rated, E for everyone

Last edited:
If it was someone else game i would have a problem. Fora Horizon 4 is there game, they have the right to take out the songs that might have lyrics that are offensive. Sony want to have censorship in their games, I am okay. Because they are the publisher but someone else game, I am not okay with censorship. As someone said the game is rated, E for everyone
Explain to me what is wrong with the word "high" or "stardusted hazy" and how in those songs it in any way refers as a drug reference. Also explain to me how the word "god" in an of itself is not acceptable in an E rated game?

Last edited:
I don't like this, but thankfully we can stream our own music while playing. Oddly enough, it was via FH2 that I discovered Chvrches, so thanks Microsoft (sorta).

Last edited:

Kasumi70

Neo Member
Explain to me what is wrong with the word "high" or "stardusted hazy" and how in those songs it in any way refers as a drug reference. Also explain to me how the word "god" in an of itself is not acceptable in an E rated game?
it not the words themselves are bad but the way they being used in context. I do agree stardusted hazy is not bad I when I was listening to the song Shooting star in context, So just don't know why they took out that song. like I said it first party not a third party game.

Stuart360

Its funny because with this game being a first party game, you would of thought someone at Microsoft would of already reviewed and ok'd the music list.
I swear i seem to die a little bit more inside everyday, when this kind of shit comes up.

Kasumi70

Neo Member
This is one of the joys of online connected games, they can tear them apart at will and change anything.
in the old days they had to do a re release of games, so you still had the old copies of the games . Like what happen to Revenge of Shinobi.

Last edited:

Lemillion

Neo Member
Kids nowadays are totally out of control. I hate trying to play online for that simple fact. Probably why I only ever play with one of my friends and that's it. Lol.

Top Bottom