• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is providing refunds for Xbox Fitness purchases.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I just got an Xbox Live message saying I'm getting a refund for making Xbox Fitness purchases. Anyone else get this message?

EDIT: To be clear, in my case it was an Xbox credit refund and not a refund to a debit/credit card. I assume this is the same for others based on others who have received refunds.

hrf6Uhi.png

Cranster

Banned
I never purchased it, but I'm a bit surprised they are pro-actively refunding it. Thats a cool of them to do that.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Was that so hard Microsoft? Just do it in the beginning and you would've gotten positive PR. But instead, no one will know that you're doing this and the damage is already done.

I just got an Xbox Live message saying I'm getting a refund for making Xbox Fitness purchases. Anyone else get this message?

How does this work? I've bought a few (3+) workouts ranging from 10 - 20 over the two-ish years it was active...is all of it being refunded, or a portion or something bought recently.

Obviously, I haven't gotten an email yet :(

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
How does this work? I've bought a few (3+) workouts ranging from 10 - 20 over the two-ish years it was active...is all of it being refunded, or a portion or something bought recently.

Check your Xbox messages. The funds should already be in your account. I got 20 bucks to spend now.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

They refunded the full amount for me. I received a refund last week and assumed it was Xbox Rewards credit, but it was actually a full credit refund for the Zumba workout package I bought a year back.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Wait,

My wife uses this all the time, are they getting rid of Xbox Fitness or something? Or did they make it free?

She bought 2-3 Jillian Michaels on there and will be unhappy if they are going away.

This is pretty Bullshit honestly. It was one of the things that got me to chose the Bone in the first place because I do P90x and my wife does Jillian Michaels workouts.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wait,

My wife uses this all the time, are they getting rid of Xbox Fitness or something? Or did they make it free?

She bought 2-3 Jillian Michaels on there and will be unhappy if they are going away.
It was thrown in the fiery pits Kinect was.

Check your Xbox messages. The funds should already be in your account. I got 20 bucks to spend now.

Gracias...message was there! $45! This is like a birthday in August (my birthday's in December) :)

Edit: Interestingly enough, the money is only good for 1 year...not an issue for me, but kinda lame.

New002

Wait,

This is pretty Bullshit honestly. It was one of the things that got me to chose the Bone in the first place because I do P90x and my wife does Jillian Michaels workouts.

Died with Kinect :(

They announced the fact that it was ending a while back and people were rightfully pissed because there was no mention of refunds.

Dinjooh

Wait,

For the first time since using Xbox Fitness, she may want to sit down for these news..

Xbox Fitness is fantastic.

I sincerely hope Mossa is able to license the Kinect tech that was being used and put out "Mossa - the Xbox Fitness Collection" as a stand-alone title. Charge $40 for it and get rid of the online components, so there's no continuing overhead.

It would be a shame if this tool disappeared altogether.

I never really saw the benefit to it. It's basically the DVD workout videos. My wife got one and forgot abiut it so this is good news to me (the refund i mean) If this was a selling point to you at least you got a good 3 years out of it and your money back. You can't blame them for trying.

Jeels

I already complained in the announcement thread about this but man, even with a refund, I am super upset they are just dropping it completely. Is it costly to just leave it running for people who use it and just not add any new content?

StoOgE

I never really saw the benefit to it. It's basically the DVD workout videos. My wife got one and forgot abiut it so this is good news to me (the refund i mean) If this was a selling point to you at least you got a good 3 years out of it and your money back. You can't blame them for trying.

Well it was nice, because it tracked your movement and would tell you if you were doing them wrong. Which is a legit issue with home workout videos.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Well it was nice, because it tracked your movement and would tell you if you were doing them wrong. Which is a legit issue with home workout videos.

It also compares you to others in your age bracket to give you an idea of your progress. It even sets mini goals for portions of the workout based on this.

krang

I already complained in the announcement thread about this but man, even with a refund, I am super upset they are just dropping it completely. Is it costly to just leave it running for people who use it and just not add any new content?

There's probably expensive licensing issues that they just weren't getting a return on. It's a damned shame. I'm sure MS thinks so, too.

StoOgE

There's probably expensive licensing issues that they just weren't getting a return on. It's a damned shame. I'm sure MS thinks so, too.

Yeah, Microsoft was clearly trying to create an entertainment box that would basically be the control portal to your living room through Kinect.

I still liked the TVTVTVTV vision they had from day 1, just wish it worked better than it currently does (Cortona constantly takes me to the wrong channel, needs DVR integration).

But clearly, I was in the minority of wanting a one stop set-top box that handled everything on my TV. Sort of a shame, because along with my smart-home stuff, it really could have streamlined content finding.

Coxy100

Banned
I know - I don't get it either - although maybe it's to do with paying the trainers or something?

I wish they could just leave it on - my wife loves it

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Good on them.

Sucks they are closing down Xbox fitness but refunding all the money spent in that app is fantastic.

People got to use the app at no charge. (Other than TVM and opportunity cost)

joebruin

Good on Microsoft. Does this go all the way back to launch? Or certain criteria?

As an aside. I want more fitness titles. Right now I play just dance for cardio 😂

Noobcraft

I used it some. Almost bought insanity (I think?) but held off. Too bad the service is being discontinued, because it was a pretty fantastic way to work out in your living room.

New002

Yeah, Microsoft was clearly trying to create an entertainment box that would basically be the control portal to your living room through Kinect.

I still liked the TVTVTVTV vision they had from day 1, just wish it worked better than it currently does (Cortona constantly takes me to the wrong channel, needs DVR integration).

But clearly, I was in the minority of wanting a one stop set-top box that handled everything on my TV. Sort of a shame, because along with my smart-home stuff, it really could have streamlined content finding.

I'm right there with ya. I can't really fault them for backpedaling on that though I guess. The market spoke.

Alx

I never really saw the benefit to it. It's basically the DVD workout videos.

It's not only a passive workout, it's interactive and gamified. You're scoring points depending on the quality and the intensity of your moves, and you can try and beat your score or the one from the community. Also you earn stamp points that keep you motivated to train more.

I'm still disappointed that the software will end in a year, but I can't really complain when I got a (huge) refund for all of it. I just wish they released a similar software in 2017 to replace it.

Bread

Banned
Oh shit I'd love to get my $60 back from P90x. Couldn't use it in my apartment because my neighbor downstairs would kill me.

Haven't received any message yet.

Top Bottom