• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Is Said to Be in Talks to Buy TikTok in U.S. - Bloomberg

DerFuggler

Gonna have to doubt their business acumen if this shid goes down irl. I mean the Halo Infinite reveal was lackluster but now... THIS?!! Buying a company that's about to get Guantanamo'd?!

sublimit

Banned
Does anyone remember that stupid rumor from a few years back when MS was supposedly going to buy EA and/or Valve? It seems that every once in a while some stupid rumor like that comes up. Some months ago was Sega (lol), then WB and now TikTok.

Wonder what they will buy next. Facebook? Google? Apple?:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Hudo

Does anyone remember that stupid rumor from a few years back when MS was supposedly going to buy EA and/or Valve? It seems that every once in a while some stupid rumor like that comes up. Some months ago was Sega (lol), then WB and now TikTok.

Wonder what they will buy next. Facebook? Google? Apple?:messenger_grinning_smiling:
I mean, I remember rumors where Microsoft were going to buy Nintendo at some point.

MastAndo

Gold Member
seDZP4E.jpg

Pallas

Gold Member

Except WB gaming division were looking to sell, so that particular rumor is legitimate. TikTok looks like it wants sell its US operations to distance itself from being known it’s Chinese owned but that isn’t going to appease Trump apparently.

The others not so much but any company has those rumors, remember Sony and take-two? I remember reading that Microsoft was gonna sell Xbox to Nintendo years ago as well.

Last edited:

Mistake

So is this app inaccessible in the US now?
even if it gets banned and removed from app stores, you can probably still use it until it’s outdated. Major chinese companies like tencent and bytedance will be hit on the 20th, and US firms can’t do business with them. Doesn’t mean they are blocked through isp’s

Last edited:
Top Bottom