• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft makes FUD bet with N'Gai. Say they're good for it. No warranty, though.

What a turd of a joke.

Ozy makes a bet for a $50 steak dinner and gets to introduce a FUD proposition meant to get folks to either consider Sony ass-stupid for something or alternatively think they shouldn't buy a PS3 now because of a potential price drop.

Somehow, to me it seems that Microsoft comes out a billion points ahead in this game if this gets any play on GameTab, NeoGAF, EvilAvatar, IGN, Gamespot, 1up, Level up, and the like.

Hell, he could have offered to buy N'Gai a car and it would still be worth doing.

Jeez.

You seem very sure. Up for a permaban if it does happen?

fse

think it should be xbox blogger makes fud bet with Ngai.

the current title makes it seem like the head of MSFT made a bet or something.

bishoptl said:
ooooh, not smart

Speaking of which "channels" do I have to go through to get my account put on the line? For next month's NPDs I'm willing to take a one month ban if the PS3 sells less than 200,000 units.

Cause well...this current setup is a bit of a drag. It would take heaven and earth being smashed between two oreo cookies for Lost Odyssey to sell over a million in Japan. This tag has gotten a bit dull because of this.

squicken

bishoptl said:
You do realize that this "prediction" has been made twice before, yeah?

I knew it had been made once before, more or less, but not twice. Suprised N'gai took the bet if it's FUD is all.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
f_elz said:
think it should be xbox blogger makes fud bet with Ngai.

the current title makes it seem like the head of MSFT made a bet or something.
Um, he's the Xbox director of technical strategy, try to keep up.

The truth is that if MS knew what Sony were upto they're hardly likely to go blabbing because they will not want to know that they have a source.

But then maybe they have heard something from devs?

Personally if its true I'd be happy, a top blu ray player and a Ps3 for $400? Bargin! I dont need wireless and back compat doesn't bother me either

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Crow-kun said:
So if the ps3 does drop to 400 dollars and still keeps all the stuff in there does N'Gai still get the dinner?
No, I get the dinner. Gotham's rocks.

Tobor said:
Wait a minute...Did a junior just try to bet a permaban against SonyCowboy?
ayup

Odysseus

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Speaking of which "channels" do I have to go through to get my account put on the line? For next month's NPDs I'm willing to take a one month ban if the PS3 sells less than 200,000 units.

Cause well...this current setup is a bit of a drag. It would take heaven and earth being smashed between two oreo cookies for Lost Odyssey to sell over a million in Japan. This tag has gotten a bit dull because of this.

sounds fun, i'd volunteer to be the counterweight to that. ps3 goes over 200k for july npd, ban me until august npd (four weeks later).

devilscallmedad said:
That's the unwritten rule of forum posting, if you are going to be all gung ho about something like this you bet something.
He should bet his car though.

Just to be clear, i am not betting on either side.
I...think it might be too late for you, dcmd.

Tobor

devilscallmedad said:
That's the unwritten rule of forum posting, if you are going to be all gung ho about something like this you bet something.
He should bet his car though.

When you jump off a cliff, the "back away slowly" option disappears from the menu screen.

GhaleonEB

bishoptl said:
God bless our junior members. Sometimes they make it all worthwhile.

(I agree this bet is the very definition of FUD, btw. "Price cut? It must mean another is just around the corner DON'T BUY YET!")

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
devilscallmedad said:
Doesnt seem like a very fair bet to me....

holy crap at Odysseus messed up link in his tag.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
PepsimanVsJoe said:

How many ban bets do you want to line up, man? :lol

anyways, Odysseus and Pepsiman are all set - next month, one of y'all is going down.

bishoptl said:
How many ban bets do you want to line up, man? :lol

I can't function unless I feel like my account is going down over something...anything.
Makes me want to make the most of what time I have left...dead man walking and all that.

But yes thank you.

Karma Kramer said:
Odysseus has been pretty much wrong for every sales prediction... so you are pretty much in safe land Pepsi... I'd be willing to bet on it.

Honestly I don't know. What did Sony do last month? 98k? Guess I gotta believe.

Can I at least be granted one post in the NPD thread if I do get banned? Something along the lines of "OH NOOOOOO!" ?

Odysseus has been pretty much wrong for every sales prediction... so you are pretty much in safe land Pepsi... I'd be willing to bet on it.

tobias_funke.jpg

Odysseus

Banned
Karma Kramer said:

so not true

i had an account nukage ban for last holiday and i'm still here.

captive

devilscallmedad said:
Umm, i never did. I was asking Mr.sonycowboy to put his account on the line because he's so sure about MS's FUD marketing tactics.
Usually when a bet occurs two or more parties all wager something, not just one...

captive

Karma Kramer said:
Wait so to be clear..

Pepsi = Over 200k
Oddy = Over 200k...

?

wait what?
Peps = banned if PS3 doesnt sell over 200k
Oddy = banned if PS3 DOES sell over 200k
Either way we get bannage!

Sharp

Actually even if the 135% increase figure keeps up for the entire month Sony still won't be over 200k so uh

Good luck Pepsi.

DemonSwordsman said:
This is just a pathetic attempt at FUD. so that people dont buy the PS3 now.

If that were true Sony could counter with 'I hear a $199 360 is on it's way that won't break. It's coming in February!!!'

Really people, just stop.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Except they're not, are they? And haven't done so repeatedly this year, have they?

anyways somebody remind me of this bet nonsense when the next set of NPDs come out.

captive said:
Peps = banned if PS3 doesnt sell over 200k
Oddy = banned if PS3 DOES sell over 200k
Either way we get bannage!

ah I see...

Ooooh this will be interesting. My gut is telling me that Oddy will win actually... but my gut is also very hungry....

Yeah I think Oddy will win this one. Sorry Pepsi.

GhaleonEB

Sharp said:
Actually even if the 135% increase figure keeps up for the entire month Sony still won't be over 200k so uh

Good luck Pepsi.
Yikes, I didn't realize this was the case. I'd miscalcuated yesterday. That rate won't be sustained so...yeah. Poor Pepsi. :(

Top Bottom