• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft making at least four new IPs

The first 2 bullet points seems really interesting, specially the part where Ms may be working with 3rd parties for propelling new IPs again.

Thoraxes

Steam?

Could this mean more PC ports? It was a shame MS stopped after Gears 1 and Halo 2.

I still don't expect anything out of them for me to be interested in though. A lot of it will probably be casual for Kinect stuff.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
[Clark Gable];47179546 said:
GAF acting like dumbasses again. This shitting on MS is getting old. Go fuck yourselves.

Woah, someone got the panties in a kinect.

Steam?

Could this mean more PC ports? It was a shame MS stopped after Gears 1 and Halo 2.

I still don't expect anything out of them for me to be interested in though. A lot of it will probably be casual for Kinect stuff.

\they did put Alan Wake on PC, but you're right.
And isn't Kinect on PC?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Yeah, but who's developing them? The Kinect Star Wars guys? The Crackdown 2 guys? The Fighters Unleashed guys?

Shaanyboi

Banned
iwcaijLMuwYZe.gif

gaming_noob

I dont understand is Ales the source here? Who is Ales? Also are these the only details given?

The OP was replying to Ales from another thread. The mod (Nirolak) decided since this is new news he created a new thread with OPs post.

GAF acting like dumbasses again. This shitting on MS is getting old. Go fuck yourselves.

It's really a love/hate relationship.

People just want new, fresh games. We've been burned plenty of times in the past with MS proclaiming they're working on new IPs, and they turn out to be shitty Kinect games.

We WANT Microsoft to do good. We WANT good new IPs from them. All this skepticism you see is because people don't want to get their hopes up.

Well, Black Tusk's new game is definitely one of them. (AAA, "next big IP", not Kinect)

The others haven't been announced in any form.

Also, when did Neogaf turn into N4G?

Bgamer90

Banned
Yep, they will all be heavy "kinect only" games.

Since as we all know, casual gamers are the ones that buy consoles as soon as they come out. Not core gamers.

:|

I guess some here are just going to have to wait and see. I predict tons of eaten crow.

"MS, we want new core gamer retail IPs!!!!"

"MS is making new IPs??? They'll probably be casual kinect games... who cares."

Reiko

Banned
Reading the first few posts in a Microsoft thread compared to a Sony thread is always interesting.

Sony GAF I am disappoint.

LuuKyK

Really now...

People just want new, fresh games. We've been burned plenty of times in the past with MS proclaiming they're working on new IPs, and they turn out to be shitty Kinect games.

We WANT Microsoft to do good. We WANT good new IPs from them. All this skepticism you see is because people don't want to get their hopes up.

This, basically.

When someone asks you how you threw away your account, I hope you answer it's because your feelings were hurt when someone made a joke about Microsoft.

Wiz

Guys, lets be honest. We don't think they will be Kinect games.
But they will be better with Kinect!

pants

The OP was replying to Ales from another thread. The mod decided since this is new news he created a new thread with OPs post.

From searching, Ales + Microsoft only returns the name Ales Moskon. Some guy that consults at MS. I'm really confused, who's CV excerpt is this?

It's...happening.

Unfortunately, even though people went overboard, MS has earned a lot of the skepticism in my view.

FordGTGuy

Banned
some sort of new driving game not called FORZA made by forza team.

something HALO team.

something kinect

something rare

Turn 10 is working on Forza Motorsport 5 and Playground Games is working on Horizon 2 your logic is invalid. 343 Studios is working on Halo 5....

gaming_noob

From searching, Ales + Microsoft only returns the name Ales Moskon. Some guys that consults at MS. I'm really confused, who's CV excerpt is this?

"Ales" is a regular neogaf poster and not from MS. Ales was arguing that MS should not only focus on the regular sequels of Gears, Halo, etc. Honestly Nirolak should delete that Ales quote to save the confusion.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member

It would be excellent if it wasn't Kinect stuff because if it's successful they will dump a shit ton of money into it.

They didn't, Remedy did. Microsoft just let them :p

Excatly, they didn't have too but they did anyway.

RoKKeR

Yes, yes, very good.

Hopefully MS first party support can rival Sony's next gen. Doubtful, but it'd be great to see more than Forza/Gears/Halo from Microsoft.

gryz

Banned
one thing i've never understood, doesn't it violate employee confidentiality agreements to put unannounced products on your resume?

Definitions of "new" may vary. So it might very well be a mix of new and/or repurposed IPs. And there is nothing to say that "working on" will translate to "released." In which case, it could very well be 0 "new" IPs. It's highly cynical to believe Microsoft will offer nothing new, of course, but this blurb doesn't really mean all that much.

Be funny if they also had some 3rd party exclusives lined up too. . . but of course they "won't count" for one reason or another.

That is what I like to hear. Just please don't be Kinect Fruit Ninja type drivel... please.

Quite a few ppl here are actually hoping it is.

Mifune

Mehmber
It would be so great if MS was really pushing new IP like we saw the first few years of the 360. I'm skeptical, though. Hope the new console isn't as Kinect-focused as rumors suggest. Would love to see Rare work on something new and cool.

Brashnir

It's...happening.

Unfortunately, even though people went overboard, MS has earned a lot of the skepticism in my view.

They've really become a narrowly-focused group over the past couple years, but you can hardly accuse them of that over the entire life of the 360.

In the first few years of the 360's life, they tried a lot of things to get interest going in the platform. I expect something similar this time around. Hopefully a couple more of them stick this time.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
It would be so great if MS was really pushing new IP like we saw the first few years of the 360. I'm skeptical, though. Hope the new console isn't as Kinect-focused as rumors suggest. Would love to see Rare work on something new and cool.

They kind of need to, otherwise why would you buy a xbox instead of a PlayStation?

pants

"Ales" is a regular neogaf poster and not from MS. Ales was arguing that MS should not only focus on the regular sequels of Gears, Halo, etc. Honestly Nirolak should delete that Ales quote to save the confusion.
So any idea who's CV excerpt this is? And where does it come from? This thread is so haphazard and annoying <.< (not blaming you OP)

Top Bottom