• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft marketing push for Xbox One has started

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Green is ugly, but at least they spend money on marketing.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ickNjh3l.jpg

looks like
VdIn5Z1.jpg

hwy_61

Banned
I'm disappointed that they're going with the green back drop. I have no idea what they should go with instead, but that shit reminds me of windows phone.

And windows phone can fuck off.

Why is it every time I see an Xbox One ad, I want it less and less. I mean, I'll prob buy one when they drop Kinect, or drop the price at least, but I don't know what it is about MS' ads that just put me off.

hwy_61

Banned
Why is it every time I see an Xbox One ad, I want it less and less. I mean, I'll prob buy one when they drop Kinect, or drop the price at least, but I don't know what it is about MS' ads that just put me off.

Sounds like its doing its job!

nib95

Banned
They've spent what, $3 billion already? $100 million just on the controller? God knows how much they have set aside for advertising, gaming sites, magazines, launch patties, events etc. Bet Xbox One ads are slapped all over the major gaming sites.

On a side note, Microsoft you should have hired me. Visually and graphically those ads are just not that appealing.

Majmun

Maybe it's the green? :p

hwy_61

Banned
They've spent what, $3 billion already? $100 million just on the controller? God knows how much they have set aside for advertising, gaming sites, magazines, launch patties, events etc. Bet Xbox One ads are slapped all over the major gaming sites.

Microsoft has deep pockets, bro.

Boss Man

This is where they really stand to gain ground on Sony. Not only a much bigger budget but Sony's marketing was terrible most of last gen even when they tried.

On a side note, Microsoft you should have hired me. Visually and graphically those ads are just not that appealing.

not like the console is any better amirite.

Maybe it's the green? :p

I thought so too, but I didn't mind the green the 360. Maybe they're overusing it? It just looks unappealing, perhaps it's something else. Too plain? Maybe it's the box. I don't know, it sounds weird but there's just something about. It's weird too since I love the way the actual Xbox One retail box looks. Maybe it IS the green they chose.

GQman2121

Banned
If I didn't already know about the system, I don't think these billboards would inform me that this wasn't Xbox 360 related.

jayu26

Hmm...I wanna see your skills.

Harsh, but funny...8/10.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I know they're trying to be minimal and all that, but the marketing for the X1 is boring as hell.

I think there is one big mistake in the marketing: if that is the style they are going for the Xbone package should also feature that same green instead of being entirely black.

Top Bottom