• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft marketing push for Xbox One has started

Banfield

Neo Member
Why is it every time I see an Xbox One ad, I want it less and less. I mean, I'll prob buy one when they drop Kinect, or drop the price at least, but I don't know what it is about MS' ads that just put me off.
They just aren't very good at it. Microsoft is a great example of why ads and marketing alone don't sell products. The amount of money put in to Surface, Windows Phone, Zune, and whatever that other phone thing was is just staggering.

HORRORSHØW

I know the middle one is downtown LA, if I'm not mistaken there's a target in that Mall as well. In fact, it's where I picked up my Wii way back then. :)
Nah. The middle one is from Selma and Sunset, by Hollywood. The "mall" you're thinking of is on 7th and Fig.

OT: I like the slogan; It plays off the previous gen's, although I'm more partial to Sony's "Greatness Awaits."

nib95

Banned
And those will just be the articles.

Lol. We'll played.

tumblr_lrba3kZrSY1qhrq0p.gif

Boke1879

There is a giant Forza Car on the top, so i guess it makes sense.
tumblr_msmgo8wKlw1rtih03o1_500.jpg

Is that a real ad? Because that sounds stupid as fuck I'm sorry. They could have came up with some a bit better than that.

Not to hyped about the ads right now, but It's good to see the ad machine is in effect. I wonder how long it will take Sony before they start advertising?

Alienous

And... the brain washing begins... That's Advertising. Wonder when Sony will start their brain washing campaign.

"We'd convince you our console is better but, meh, you already know.
$399"

"X doesn't always mark the spot".

"It only does everything. Better."

Ilive1up

see, this is why fuck xboxone.

your first ever commercial for xbone, and none of the people are playing the fucking console.

granted, this aired during a football game, but still. fuck them.

Verendus

Banned
That last ad seems targeted at Sonic.

Wanna go fast Sonic? Gotta go fast? There is only one place left. The Xbox One.

miso_Jeff

Banned
I know they're trying to be minimal and all that, but the marketing for the X1 is boring as hell.

It's called "flat" design. They're basically continuing the look they went with for Win8/Metro. It's a pretty popular style right now... sorry, I'm a bit of a design nerd. A lot of clients dislike it unfortunately...

They just aren't very good at it. Microsoft is a great example of why ads and marketing alone don't sell products. The amount of money put in to Surface, Windows Phone, Zune, and whatever that other phone thing was is just staggering.

True, I like the Surface and plan to buy one if a Surface 2 comes out with better battery life, but the commercials would have put off from buying one too, especially (if I recall correctly), there was this one especially bad one with break dancing. It was just a WTF moment for me. I would think that they'd have better ads? Or maybe they do do their job and it's just me that doesn't like them.

Iacobellis

It's called "flat" design. They're basically continuing the look they went with for Win8/Metro. It's a pretty popular style right now... sorry, I'm a bit of a design nerd. A lot of clients dislike it unfortunately...

What I don't like is how every company now is trying to do the flat design. It looks nice, but I feel it will get stale quicker since Microsoft, Google, and Apple are all using it.

Guevara

I think we could do better. Let's help MS out:

The new Xbox One:

...ONE to grow on
...ONE in a million. Yours.
...Takes ONE to know ONE

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The fantasy football-leaning, "Official Console of the NFL" commercial aired before the game tonight didn't give any indication that the thing is even a game console.

Top Bottom