• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft marketing push for Xbox One has started

You could say the same about the 360 that's in the stores now. Also you're assuming that people where paying close attention. Unless prompted to examine it carefully, most people will see what they expect to see.

While I do think most people will conclude that it's a new console given the huge marketing push it's receiving, and they will be seeing it everywhere, from billboards to their local Walmart and Best Buy, I still think MS needs to write something like "The New Xbox" just to avoid any and all confusing.

The redesigned 360 doesn't help matters.

But like I said, most people will understand that it's a new console.

fritolay

If the XBOX was selling out, and none were available at launch, there wouldn't be a reason to spend so much money right now. Hmmmm

If the XBOX was selling out, and none were available at launch, there wouldn't be a reason to spend so much money right now. Hmmmm

That's not how it works.

Now is the time to increase brand awareness and make the new systems desirable products. You want to create massive demand and then just barely not be able to make the supply match it. It creates great stories.

DC R1D3R

Banned
I like "Jump Ahead" quite a bit. Brings back good memories.

image.php

Brings back the memories of Kinect's marketing campaign, and all the nice predictions made on GAF and elsewhere. After all, who would buy a Kinect when PlayStation Move is so much more precise and responsive, and you can get the bundle for $50 less?

Seeing Xbox One is just so...ugly.. such a bad name - it's not visually striking at all.

and honestly if i had no clue about gaming industry, i wouldn't know that these ads were for a new xbox - i'd just stick with my 360

hwy_61

Banned
So...does that make me a beta tester of the Xbox One?

Umm, I think I'm starting to reconsider my XBONE purchase...

Carl

Just the slogan sounds beyond fake, but then this is MS and most of the stuff they have said makes no sense.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Yep saw the system at the Microsoft store in a display case. Guy trying to get me to preorder it since they said it would be sold out quickly.

l6hi.jpg

Awesome TV they have by the way.

l427.jpg

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Was this the Connecticut one?

No Woodridge Mall in Illinois. The thread about Nintendo showing off games made me want to go today. Didn't even have the games I wanted to play. Oh well the Xbox system looks nice in person anyways. Would have liked to use the controller though.

Top Bottom