• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Q4: 1.1M XBO/360 Shipped

http://www.microsoft.com/investor/E...s/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY14/Q4/default.aspx

Xbox Platform revenue increased $104 million or 14%, driven primarily by increased console revenue. We sold in 1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter, as we drew down channel inventory, compared to 1.0 million consoles during the prior year.
Basically MS pulled a Sony and grouped XBO + 360 sales

XBO still <6m

Xbox 360 Hardware Shipment (Unit:Million)

Code:
Xbox 360

FY          Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr    Ap-Jn      FY       LTD

2005/06         -       1.5      1.7      1.8       5.0      5.0

2006/07        1.0      4.4      0.5      0.7       6.6      11.6

2007/08        1.8      4.3      1.3      1.3       8.7      20.3  

2008/09        2.2      6.0      1.7      1.2       11.2     31.5  

2009/10        2.1      5.2      1.5      1.5       10.3     41.8

2010/11        2.8      6.3      2.7      1.7       13.7     55.3 

2011/12        2.3      8.2      1.4      1.1       13.0     68.3

2012/13        1.7      5.9      1.3      1.0       9.9      78.2

2013/14        1.2      3.5      0.8       ???      5.5      83.7

Xbox One Hardware Shipment (Unit:Million)

Code:
Xbox One

FY          Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr    Ap-Jn      FY       LTD

2013/14         -       3.9     1.2        ???        5.1      5.1

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oh God, we'll never know shipments for next-gen consoles till the end of times :(
...Except for Wii U.

...And PS4 soon when it'll hit 10 millions

TURBO1112

Oh God, we'll never know shipments for next-gen consoles till the end of times :(
...Except for Wii U.

...And PS4 soon when it'll hit 10 millions

I thought I read somewhere PS4 wasnt anywhere near 10 million. Could be wrong though.

gtj1092

Wow that's epic bomba for the quarter. Less than a million X1s. Maybe the channels were more stuffed than anyone could imagine.

JABEE

Is this good or bad?

Bad, considering what the Xbox 360 shipped last Mar-Jun and what it shipped last quarter.

Xbox 360 by itself shipped 800K units from January to March.

Last April-Jun Quarter the 360 shipped 1.1 Million.

Both the 360 and Xbox One Combined shipped that during this April-June Quarter.

Nzyme32

Is this good or bad?

Well considering MS didn't actually state Xbox One on it's own and 360 separately, I'd guess they want to keep the figures per system as vague as possible since they are not happy with it, or at least not happy for people to directly compare sales to competitors

Sir TapTap

Don't they know how bad it looks when they bundle sales for multiple consoles? Sony's "PSP and Vita" sales #s were always sad, especially when you knew PSP sales were near-nothing at this point.

I miss Sony constantly bragging about real actual sell-through numbers because that was about the only time we've gotten real, reasonably up to date numbers. And they stopped even though they're on top.

Well considering MS didn't actually state Xbox One on it's own and 360 separately, I'd guess they want to keep the figures per system as vague as possible since they are not happy with it, or at least not happy for people to directly compare sales to competitors

The information in the OP is from a general release.

Wait until they release the web-based segments results slides detailing the segment performance before claiming that Microsoft isn't going to delineate exact Xbox 360 and Xbox One shipments.

Around five million shipped? Not sold?

No wonder Microsoft's trying every trick in the book to try and move units. In fact, it really shows how much sense it would've made to just do an actual price drop, not offer another SKU, because then you wouldn't be competing for shelf space already taken up by the $499 box.

I understand why they didn't do it - because they don't want to lose their ass on Kinect - but it's gonna happen anyway.

Begaria

I thought I read somewhere PS4 wasnt anywhere near 10 million. Could be wrong though.

Best estimates from the recent NPD thread is that the PS4 has a sold-through (as in to consumers, not retailers) of roughly 8 million units globally. I don't know what your metrics for "anywhere close to" is, but I'd say that's getting pretty close to 10 million.

Nicktendo86

Yep, as soon as they start grouping sales together (a la ps2 & 3 last gen) you know they are in trouble.

DAT third gen curse.

Are they required to report these numbers? I'd hope so, because this isn't flattering. What(if anything) can they do to turn this around? I remember the PS3 being down for the longest time, but their 1st part stable brought them back from the dead. Worried for MS, Sony definitely needs the competition.

wrowa

For comparison's sake: How many Wii U's did Nintendo ship last year at this time? This is the quarter where Nintendo had negative shipments in Europe, right?

gtj1092

Its not so much that they grouped but the fact that 360 and X1 together is still a low number. 360 alone did 1 million last year.

Welfare

We can assume that at least half was Xbox One shipments right? I doubt they would ship an equal amount of 360's and One's, or more 360's than One's.

Duxxy3

Doubt we'll get any more information than that.

Would guess that most of the xbox hardware shipped was XB1, so it's sitting at around 6 million shipped by the end of june. Sold through I would guess around 5 million. I highly doubt it's close to 6 million sold.

It's terrible considering that we know MS shipped 1.2m Xbox One's alone in Jan - Mar.

Channels stuffed with Kinect bundles.

Sir TapTap

Do we have any sort of way we can extrapolate from US numbers what the WW ones are? Aren't Xbox One sales like...50% or more in the US?

JABEE

The drop YOY for the 360 last quarter was about 38%.

The 360 would be at around 650K shipped if it had the same drop this quarter YOY.

That is just a guess. I'm not sure what the actual drip YOY is.

This would indicate that the Xbox One sales could have been cut almost in half from quarter to quarter in a seasonal schedule that does not typically display significant changes in unit sales.

Top Bottom