• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft registers eleven "Halo Infinity" domain names

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm going to guess they're interested in making something called Halo Infinity.

Fusible said:
Microsoft has made some interesting domain name registrations this week, picking up several “Halo Infinity” domains like HaloInfinity.net (Whois) and HaloInfinityMultiplayer.com (Whois) through the internet brand protection company MarkMonitor.

Microsoft didn’t stop there either.

Additional domain names that were registered include: HaloInfinity.org, HaloInfinity.co.uk, HaloInfinity.mobi, HaloInfinity.de, HaloInfinityMultiplayer.net, HaloInfinityMultiplayer.org, HaloInfinityMultiplayer.co.uk, HaloInfinityMultiplayer.mobi and HaloInfinityMultiplayer.de.

Infinity was a popular multiplayer level exclusive only to the PC for Halo: Combat Evolved, so it’s possible Microsoft will be offering it as a multiplayer map for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

Other domains that were registered the same week through MarkMonitor include SpartanOps.org (Whois), SpartanOps.net, and MorethanJustamap.com (Whois). These too, were privately registered.
Source: http://fusible.com/2012/04/microsof...registers-slew-of-halo-infinity-domain-names/

V_Ben

Banned
... more than just a map? Hmm, what if they're doing Forge again, but releasing it as standalone before 4 launches.

Zomba13

Halo Infinity - Multiplayer only Halo game (XBLA) with one map (Infinity) and forge stuffs to make as many maps as you want.

I dunno. Just a guess going off of what very little we have.

Popeck

From the Glasslands novel: Infinity was the name of
a some kind of super ship for the UNSC, juiced up with Forerunner tech
, if I recall correctly.

Halo to Infinity? Looks like the original Master Chief is coming to show us who's dah man

94.jpg

Don't companies do this all the time though? Like doesn't Blizzard own Warcraft4.com and worldofstarcraft.com? Just buy up domains of things that you aren't making but there is a possibility of happening.

They probably also own
Halo: Revelations
Halo: Reloaded
Halo: Chronicles
Halo: Unleashed
ect.

(But I really like the idea of it dealing with the "l∞p")

ManBearPanda

Neo Member

Yeah, given what we've heard about 343i's desire to weave more story into their multiplayer, the fact that we'll be playing as Spartan 4's in MP, along with the fact that (Grasslands Spoilers):
We've got Spartan 4's on the Infinity
, I'd wager that Halo Infinity is their take on a COD Elite-style service, or taking Reach's current stat-tracking and blowing it up even further.

Yeah, given what we've heard about 343i's desire to weave more story into their multiplayer, the fact that we'll be playing as Spartan 4's in MP, along with the fact that (Grasslands Spoilers):
, I'd wager that Halo Infinity is their take on a COD Elite-style service, or taking Reach's current stat-tracking and blowing it up even further.
:O You may be on to something here.

V_Ben

Banned

That.... sounds plausible. A subscription service for DLC, with crazy stat tracking? Sounds likely to me.

Don't companies do this all the time though? Like doesn't Blizzard own Warcraft4.com and worldofstarcraft.com? Just buy up domains of things that you aren't making but there is a possibility of happening.

They probably also own
Halo: Revelations
Halo: Reloaded
Halo: Chronicles
Halo: Unleashed
ect.

(But I really like the idea of it dealing with the "l∞p")

Quick! Somebody register Halo: Revengeance!

Cipherr

LOL! I freaking screamed when I saw the thread title.

An infinity of Halo sequels

Exactly what I was thinking lol. Its probably not that, and nothing related, just a funny thought that popped into my head when I read the title.

Probably part of the Halo 4 marketing campaign, I imagine they may have something interactive or viral in the works. Unless, of course, they pan to ditch the slow and glitchy halo.xbox.com and move to HaloInfinity? I doubt that, but a man can dream..

From the Glasslands novel: Infinity was the name of
a some kind of super ship for the UNSC, juiced up with Forerunner tech
, if I recall correctly.

Yup.

Top Bottom