• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft renews Scalebound trademark

Lichter

EDIT: there was a rumor saying that the development Scalebound has resumed (with another partner) but it's fake, according to Jez Corden (senior editor at Windows Central) which has very good sources at MS.

DAHQnWQUAAUo6u6.jpg:large

OP:

Status/Status Date:
SECOND EXTENSION - GRANTED
5/3/2017

http://www.trademarkia.com/scalebound-86458061.html

Does it really mean anything at this point?

Via: http://www.somosxbox.com/en/microsoft-renews-scalebound-rights/742544

s/o to thepapa from GDC

Jawmuncher

They own the IP. I guess theoretically they could've reworked a contract with platinum or decided to do things themselves.

Or they could just be doing this so that we don't get an odd case of someone else using the name. So yeah could be something, but probably nothing.

DocSeuss

I'm worried it's going to be a "it's nothing" situation. I want it to be "UNCANCELED. DOUBLE THE BUDGET. BAYONETTA GUEST STARS." or somethin crazy

That be pretty messed up if they gave the name to another team. Platinum been trying with that game concept for years shame they couldn't do it themselves

It's still their IP.

Regardless of intent for future use, Microsoft seems like the type of company to exert an overabundance of legal caution to protect itself.

Jintor

were people excited about the IP or were they just excited that kamiya was actually working on something he seemed excited about though

FelipeMGM

they still own all the stuff about that game, of course they gon keep renewing the tm. Doesnt mean they are planning to do anything with it right now, maybe in the future.

were people excited about the IP or were they just excited that kamiya was actually working on something he seemed excited about though
My only interest in Scalebound was due to Kamiya's involvement. If it is another developer, I don't give a shit anymore.

Boke1879

Personally I don't think Scalebound would have seen much commercial success. But it was different and was the kind of game MS needed to diversify itself

Raide

I personally loved the idea of the whole game, especially the coop aspects. Maybe MS throwing out a more tech savvy team towards Platinum as support would be the way forward.

Maybe this was one of the reasons Phil was in Japan.

Top Bottom