• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Store install stop at 99%

Caio

Hi my friends, I just bought a XSX, very happy, downloading Halo and Forza.
Microsoft Store started to install but stopped at 99.0%, it's "in the queue". I updated it, but still it doesn't want to finish installing.
it's at 111,77 MB out of 112,90 MB. Why ? Any tips ? By the way, the Store perfectly works, but I'm wondering why it is always there in the queue and it doesn't finish to install.

elliot5

i think this has happened to me but I can't recall how it resolved itself. Just leave it alone and reboot the console if it is still stuck or causing problems.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If it says in the queue, it means something else is downloading.

Maybe its downloading a system update for you, since you just bought the SX.

Give it a few mins, and if there's no update try restarting. Your download progress will remain where it is.

Caio

It's some bullshit which they are having for a long time, mainly on insider builds.
It disappeared from the games and App in the queue after a Store update, but 2 minutes after it appeared again in the queue, always at 99%, same 111,77 MB out of 112,90 MB. I think I will leave it for a while and see what happens.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I’ve seen that happen a lot but I can one up it.

everytime I make a purchase or take a screen shot I get an error.. everytime. They still work but an error always pops up. 🤦‍♂️

WoodyStare

I’ve had this happen from time to time. It usually fixes itself, but if you notice it’s been there for days, may just need to restart the console, or cancel/redownload the update.

Last edited:

Caio

If it says in the queue, it means something else is downloading.

Maybe its downloading a system update for you, since you just bought the SX.

Give it a few mins, and if there's no update try restarting. Your download progress will remain where it is.
sure, there are games in the queue as well, and Forza H5 downloading...but no way to give the Store priority or finish its download first.
I'll simply wait and see, it should "solve" it by itself with its updates, now it is doing another one.

ReBurn

Gold Member
It's constantly updating for me. I don't think the update ever finishes but it doesn't stop me from using the store.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
sure, there are games in the queue as well, and Forza H5 downloading...but no way to give the Store priority or finish its download first.
I'll simply wait and see, it should "solve" it by itself with its updates, now it is doing another one.

Nice, hope it fixes itself.

I've noticed something weird in how the system operates. Store updates are usually only a few MB, but they take a real long time to download for some reason. I almost always get full speeds on game downloads but almost always like 1/10th of my connection speed on Store updates.

Weird.

Rossco EZ

I’ve seen that happen a lot but I can one up it.

everytime I make a purchase or take a screen shot I get an error.. everytime. They still work but an error always pops up. 🤦‍♂️
i had errors when taking screenshots, how i fixed it was going into the capture settings and just changing them (picture caputure resolution etc) restarting and then changing them back. now no errors when i capture a screenshot.

Last edited:

Caio

Nice, hope it fixes itself.

I've noticed something weird in how the system operates. Store updates are usually only a few MB, but they take a real long time to download for some reason. I almost always get full speeds on game downloads but almost always like 1/10th of my connection speed on Store updates.

Weird.
Yep, I hope. It keeps updating and back in the queue... on my XBox One X I never had this kind of "issue".

Caio

Ok, it looks like the little issue has gone. Now it's time to try Microsoft Store, I think I will buy RE Village, we are close to Christmas, come on :D

lucius

Mine tries to update most times I start store app, if I update it or not I can still use the store though, mine gets stuck too downloading sometimes I just ignore it, I am on Series S.

I had this happen to me once when renting a Movie from the Microsoft store. It got to 99 percent and stopped. I never managed to get it to work and the rental period ran out and I lost out on the movie. I can't remember what the movie was. But I do remember losing the 5.99 to rent.

cireza

Banned
Only 1 more % !

I think I had the Store trying to install itself almost every day ever since I got the console. It was downloading an update every single time. It eventually stopped recently. No clue what happened. I stopped caring at some point. It doesn't prevent you from using it (the store).

Last edited:

Caio

Only 1 more % !

I think I had the Store trying to install itself almost every day ever since I got the console. It was downloading an update every single time. It eventually stopped recently. No clue what happened. I stopped caring at some point. It doesn't prevent you from using it (the store).
Now it stopped updating, but if it happens again, I will simply ignore it. I believe there is nothing you can do, and it doesn't affect Microsoft Store.
Playing Halo Infinite, it was like a flashback, and it immediately gave me back the feelings I had playing the first Halo, and I felt nostalgic. The first impressions are very good, I like the game, I feel confident with the controls and nothing to say about the graphics, great constant texture work, lighting, smooth as butter and great sound. I'm still at the beginning, but I have to say I'm happy for what I've seen so far. Forza Horizon 5 is still downloading :D RE Village in the queue. Oh yeah can't wait. I feel like a kid, and today is even my birthday.

Top Bottom