• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Store outs Halo Xbox One story overview

Here's your ancient evil:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Primordial

w88NSCO.jpg

Collectorleader.png

Halo x Mass Effect crossover confirmed.

That's fan art of The Primordial based on its description in the novel. I can't remember if it was considered a Gravemind or a Keymind (the ultimate Flood form, more powerful than even a Gravemind).

Other than the Primordial/Timeless One, the Precursors took many forms. They're pretty much considered non-corporeal and god-like beings (they're considered Tier 0) that may predate the birth of the universe itself. Really hoping the future Halo games expand on this.

Maybe they come from the irl universe and created the Halo verse to escape the entropic death of their own.

Mysterious data chip? Is this a bad interpretation of the trailer?

It would seem so. Wasn't it fairly obvious he was holding Cortana's now damaged data chip in his hand?

As for the Flood returning, it makes sense as we didn't really have closure as to what happened to the Gravemind.

Flipyap

That's fan art of The Primordial based on its description in the novel. I can't remember if it was considered a Gravemind or a Keymind (the ultimate Flood form, more powerful than even a Gravemind).
Man, that's idiotic. By the time Halo 3 rolled around, the Gravemind could control and speak through every Flood thing in the galaxy. There wasn't even a need for a centralized tentacle monster, but you guys! There could be even bigger Flood monsters! Wow!
The name also sucks. Why would anyone let a bear write these novels?

Maybe they come from the irl universe and created the Halo verse to escape the entropic death of their own.
Which would be ironic, because this drivel is partially responsible for the destruction of the Halo universe.

How come people hate the flood, i don't get it. They are awesome.

From the moment you meet them in Halo CE, to H3, they've been awesome. Love the way they're always introduced in that eerie, creepy way too. Definitely time for them to come back now, its been too long. I miss the ugly bastards!

oVerde

Banned
Everytime I got swarmed by armed Floods, I start to jump and run like a mad Spartan yelling "who the hell had this great idea of zombies with guns!?!?!?!"

So much fun :D

monome

The 12 Labours of Petty Officer Master Chief.

1/ Fight against humanity. ONI wants you dead. You're in the path of their power play to finally rule over the UNSC.
2/ Fight the Covenants Zealots. Bad blood never runs dry.
3/ Fight Prometheans. The enigmatic Forerunners always have a card up their sleeves.
4/ Fight the Flood. Now they come in a variety of awesome yet undiscovered alien species.
5/ Discover the Halo Universe. For the first time take control of a starship and make your way throughout various and always mysterious planets.
6/ Encounter mysteries older than Forerunners themselves and delve in the mind blowing questions of what makes humanity so special.
7/ Reclaim. Your poncho is dirty from the sands. The Mantle awaits.
8/ Love. Cortana. You can't stand not feeling her under your skin. Be the new Orpheus.
9/ Evolve. Your were never a hasard. Put the Chief back on track of his so so important personnal history.
10/ Reassess. What you think you're doing for the greater Good might not be so good at all. Learn and Become the one true Space saviour.
11/ Find peace. Your substitute mother was taken from you. Find Halsey and finally answer the deep questions about your Oedipian complex.
12/ Dictate. The Didact is back. Will you be on his way again or shall you reconsider your motives and become the Grand Dictator that Sentient Life needs to survive?

fuck.

Mindwipe

I really don't want to see the Chief being lonely.

UNSC being around is best Halo.

I bloody hope the Promethians are gone forever though. They were terrible to play against and horribly designed. There isn't any need plotwise for them to continue to exist. Just get rid of them. And stop using the Covenant as a crutch. Make good new enemies.

JaggedSac

Hope they come up with better enemies, cause the Prometheans are not fun to fight.

I'm mostly just interested to see what Corrinne Yu and her team can do with the Xbone.

I'm sure its going to look damn awesome. And at 60fps too.

Blueblur1

Please wait to find out if the game is good or not

Yeah, don't give them money for a middling game. Especially if in the long run matchmaking support turns out to be poor (again) and DLC you purchased never shows up in the matchmaking playlists. The last thing 343 and Microsoft should get is money for bad Halo games. If they do then they'll think it was alright and will make more bad Halo games.

Gui_PT

ha. what he said. the truth is that one good halo game would bring back a majority of halo fans. Sadly, this will never happen.

Yeah, don't give them money for a middling game. Especially if in the long run matchmaking support turns out to be poor (again) and DLC you purchased never shows up in the matchmaking playlists. The last thing 343 and Microsoft should get is money for bad Halo games. If they do then they'll think it was alright and will make more bad Halo games.

The campaign still has a chance if they make more than a corridor shooter with better enemies (easier said than done) but the MP has a long way to go. AA's and customisable loadouts aren't going anywhere and as Blueblur said, they have to learn how to implement and manage DLC in existing playlists.

The years have taught me that the trick is to have low expectations! :D

=(

PS: Please kill Palmer as soon as possible. Preferably in a book about events between Halo 4 and 5.

glaurung

They'd have to do something pretty spectacular if they want to rinse the shit taste of Halo 4 from my mouth. That game was a solid rhino turd.

monome

I'm mostly just interested to see what Corrinne Yu and her team can do with the Xbone.
this.
I'm sure its going to look damn awesome. And at 60fps too.
in part thanks to that.
I will buy Xbox One when this comes out.
sort of validates this.
Please wait to find out if the game is good or not
when in reality you should do that.

I'll add that what I'm most worried/thrilled about is the game being non numbered entry.

I've made my piece with Halo thinking that as long as MS keeps pourring torrents of money in it, whether the MP is fun or not, assets/animations/engine and the "feels like Halo" should make a 60$ purchase a no-brainer unless it's a 6hrs SP thing "starring" She-Hulk.

@Gui_PT
Linda shoots her. 343i redeemed.

Halo 4 was fun , the campaign was alright & the MP was ok I suppose.

Halo 2 will still be my favourite in the serial so far and the MP for H2 was pretty intense with the quad-shots and whatnot (couldn't really do it myself). And dual wielding had its ups and downs still fun nonetheless.

Anyone else the crazy amount of glitches, easter eggs and general exploring every nook and cranny in Halo 2 both campaign and multiplayer ? I mean super bounce and the scarab gun for example.

At this point, I don't really want to fight Forerunner AI- bring back the Forerunners and let us fight them. (But maybe have some align themselves with humanity?). Also, I would love to see the Flood come back as long as they are used properly. Cut back on fighting the Covenant, they should mostly be our allies at this point.. have those that we fight have some new variety, some unexpected twists.. perhaps outfitted with Forerunner armor and gear? Either way, switch things up.. even with the Prometheans Halo 4 felt like more of the same.. too much same old Covenant threat.. at least bring in some new Hunter variations. And some Scarabs. Also, Promethean/Forerunner vehicles are a must.

Fighting something like this could be really cool.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So the rank was wrong, the chip isn't supposed to be mysterious and sentient life seems more likely to wear camouflage and walk than say, trees.

Bombadil should have helped whatever hapless employee wrote that.

Hindle

Banned
They really need to introduce several new alien enemies in future games. Preferably an entire new alien alliance consisting of 5 or 6 new Alien species which will rival the Convenent.

The Promeatheans were plain boring and for the first time I got bored of fighting Elites in Halo 4.

Mix

So the rank was wrong, the chip isn't supposed to be mysterious and sentient life seems more likely to wear camouflage and walk than say, trees.

True Facts are true!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you

:lol

Hey, unrelated question: Why could interpretations of the classic Halo themes be used in Halo Wars but not Halo 4 (other than a few sort of quick moments that were kinda close.. and Never Forget in the credits).

LOL!

So basically the story synopsis is basically wrong and has nothing to do with the actual plot of the game.

GG M$

Magwik

Banned
:lol

Hey, unrelated question: Why could interpretations of the classic Halo themes be used in Halo Wars but not Halo 4 (other than a few sort of quick moments that were kinda close.. and Never Forget in the credits).

My best guess would be at the time Bungie was still making Halo games and Marty had some sort of oversight or something with the soundtrack, whereas he/Bungie had absolutely nothing to do with Halo 4.

You know it's BS that this kinda stuff has been constantly happening with the Halo franchise for a couple years now right?

Why are the wrong people in charge of this franchise man?? Just tell them to put you in charge and hire me to make a proper League of Extraordinary Halomen.

Is this person going to be hired to make the new achievements?

Grisby

They need to get some new enemies going along with the Prometheans.

Also, I hope Cortana (halo 4 spoilers)
comes back from the dead and turns out to be the villain. Be pretty neat.

Anyways, I'll be getting an X1 for whenever this comes out.

Top Bottom