• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Studios' creative director has some choice words about always-online

As mentioned in the Xbox live down thread, Anonymous is just going to keep targeting MS if this rumor turns out to be true.

HgnmRrR.jpg

Eusis

They didn't pay attention to the LATEST rumors, did they? But then I guess internet outrage over stuff like this has the momentum of a wrecking ball: good luck stopping it once it gets going.

They didn't pay attention to the LATEST rumors, did they? But then I guess internet outrage over stuff like this has the momentum of a wrecking ball: good luck stopping it once it gets going.
No, you completely misunderstand! See, stuff like this keeps Xbox in the news, and that in turn ruins Sony's momentum to roll out the PS4. This thread has taught me that there's no such thing as bad press!

Not to kick a man when he's down, but holy cow, what a drop in followers.

jrlApP3nH7MJ8.png

Edit: Apologies, I didn't intend anything negative. Was just an observation.

Omikaru

jrlApP3nH7MJ8.png

His job is not enough for you, is it? You also want his pride and dignity too.

He probably blocked a whole bunch of people once he made his Twitter private. I know if I was in his shoes, I'd do that too.

jrlApP3nH7MJ8.png
I think he did a massive cull of his followers intentionally. I was following him, and I'm not any more.

When I try to add him again I get this:

'You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user.'

If your profile is private your followers are people you're allowing to view your tweets. So he probably blocked/deleted a ton. Nice attempt at a burn though.

I don't understand the leave him alone posts, posting about him is different than posting personally at him.

Why do we need an update about his reduced number of twitter followers? This is just one sibling mocking another sibling after he/she got punished by their parents. There have been no more comments from this guy, the internet got their pound of flesh, just let it go

lol some of you guys go out of your way to jump on a bandwagon. Relax, him posting a screenshot of his Twitter account is public information and not a big deal.

Wynnebeck

Banned
lol some of you guys go out of your way to jump on a bandwagon. Relax, him posting a screenshot of his Twitter account is public information and not a big deal.

Exactly. The same people saying "cut it out" were calling for blood when all of this was going down. Shinobi made an observation, end of story. Your pity isn't going to help Orth now.

SummitAve

Banned
Yeah, not seeing the outrage here. I didn't get the impression that any malice was meant in shinobi's bump.

I don't think there is any malice either, but it is about the least interesting bump you could possibly make. Why keep following up on the guy and posting it here? Leave him be and let it go.

adelante

Exactly. The same people saying "cut it out" were calling for blood when all of this was going down. Shinobi made an observation, end of story. Your pity isn't going to help Orth now.
Pity? Him having that few followers is non-news. And this thread got bumped just for that? Please.

Yea, that anonymous thing is full of shit. Even if they wanted to attack the Live servers, they wouldn't find anywhere near the type of success that they hope they would. So, yea, all talk.

Codeblew

Another crass move like this and I'll just put you on my ignore list.

I am sure he cares.

The guy didn't even do anything wrong. The whole thing is incredibly embarrassing and not from him.

He embarrassed his employer publicly and got fired because of it. He should have kept his mouth shut. Or at least leaked it "anonymously" to the press instead of publicly on twitter. What a buffoon.

Guys like this just goes to show that any idiot can make it in the gaming industry in a non-technical position. AKA Luser.

Top Bottom