• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Studios' creative director has some choice words about always-online

KiNeSiS

Banned
I don't play my 360 offline. I think cutting potential customers off is dumb but who plays games not connected to the internet?

I only think this is dumb if gold is required.

It was a windy day a few weeks ago and the street cable wire disconnected from my house. Had to wait a couple of days for a tech to repair. Should I have been without cable internet & my game console? Fuck That!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I can't wait for companies to start cracking down on Twitter usage. This is getting ridiculous.

Well that automatically means the next XBox would only work for about an hour per session in this house given how shithouse even the better of our provider's network stability is.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Thanks for confirming the always-on rumor. Glad to see my choice to go PS4 next gen has been justified once again.

Basically this.

As someone who played 95% of multiplatform games on 360, and didn't care for 90% of the hyped ps3 exclusives.

It's like Microsoft doesn't want my money next gen.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Dang. PS4 is looking better and better. Now I just hope Sony doesn't go the same route as MS.

syko de4d

i dont have that much of a problem with always online but that tweets? They are so stupid arrogant... sorry MS but Sony win this time...

anaron

good lord

SiSfF.gif

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
If it's always online, I wonder if the most staunch Xbox supporter will still want to "stick it in their veins".

Rodhull

Can't be long now until games press jumps to his defence against the entitled masses. Ugh.

What games does he work on?

Usobuko

Banned
As a consumer, I wish neither Microsoft and Sony going down this route but if Microsoft really intends to then I hope they at least informs their customer about this, don't simply sweep under the carpet.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So he basically confirmed the absolute worst rumor about Durango? I was trying to keep an open mind about the machine in case the library turned out great but if this is really happening, nothing will get me to buy it.

His reaction says to me that this is happening and that people inside MS are confused and flustered by how people have reacted to the rumors.

My guess is that MS thinks the mainstream public won't care.

I'm sure they've found some statistics that show a very high percentage of Xbox owners are online and are now going to completely control content on their platform

May piss off the core, but they think it's worth the risk in order to have more control over digital content & used game sales.

I couldn't have asked for a better response, now someone tell me what to do with all this extra money I will have not owning an Xbox this time around.

BHK3

Banned
What internet providers do these guys have? Living in a bad area doesn't mean you can't get connection drops because most american IP's are terrible, but hey guess it's still my fault right microsoft?

Top Bottom