• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Studios' creative director has some choice words about always-online

OP, include these earlier tweets, too:

mcBnvdF.gif

Majanew

Banned
Wow, what an arrogant jackass. I hope all the rumors are true about the next Xbox. You'll learn a lesson, MS. You cocky fucks.

I'm even playing Bioshock Infinite I purchased for Xbox 360, but you better believe I'll tell MS to eat shit, regarding their next system, if all this nonsense comes true.

It's Microsoft's bullshit that is going to make me go back to being a 1 console-only owner. And Sony has been doing all the right things so far.

Minions

I love it. It's like as ANTI PR as you can go. I imagine hes going to have some meetings regarding this in the morning. Keep egging him on, perhaps he will confirm no backwards compatibility and no used games.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
He has somewhat of a point, said in an arrogant way.

Honestly I doubt he knows though, why would he spout off before the reveal with how tight-lipped MS has been? That's asking to be fired.

"bombing at PS3 levels" means "selling as good or better than anything but the PS2 and Wii". I don't think PS3-level sales will do all that much to kill it, it would need to be a from-Genesis-to-Saturn fall.

Which I don't think it will be. I think if this is true MS has decided they've found a Gamecube-to-N64 level niche of extreme profit. And they're probably right, given the 20M+ Live Gold customers.
I think he's talking about bombing their launch. PS3 sold terribly until Sony got their shit together and realized that people wont buy PS3 just because they bought a PS2.

I'm so annoyed by morons like this tool always thinking in such a selfish manner. Not everybody has a reliable connection or even a connection at all. He just comes off as "it aint my issue... my connection is solid, fuck off if you cant live @ my level"

it's so damn douchey. we're talking about a the successor to a system that has sold 75 million units... to think that all of them have solid connections to support an always online system is straight up idiotic.

if this is true, MS just followed the trend set forward by Nintendo and Sony with their 3rd big home console release... meaning... they fucked up. (N64 cartridges, PS3 pricing).

WTF man

Wynnebeck

Banned
LOL At the people asking why would anyone live in Blacksburg, VA when that's the town Virginia Tech is located. Get cultured people.

J10

Banned
Gonna pretend like he doesn't understand the concept of options? OK, I don't understand the concept of buying your shitty product.

fallagin

Damn those vacuum companies for making us use electricity to power them!

Oh wait, that's right, they actually need electricity to power them rather than being strapped with always on drm that microsoft didn't actually need to use...

"Honestly, the fact that nobody could use The New Xbox for a week after every major game launch was merely proof that we underestimated the demand for new exciting gaming experiences."

"Due to an unprecedented amount of feedback from our consumers, MS is launching a slightly more expensive Durango that works offline!*"

*all games come with "Offline Play" initial fee

Such a bang-up job. Truly admirable how forward the message is. So much honesty. Great analogy.

I'm gonna give him my money.
By "him," I mean the guy in back alley who is going to take a shit on Adam's car every few days for the next six weeks.

I laughed way too hard at this

kmfdmpig

I don't personally care too much about always online, but this guy comes across as a total asshole and I would not be surprised if this little tweet session harms his career. Trolling potential customers - genius!

MormaPope

Banned
This is how jobs are lost.

I don't get why this dude thought his really shitty analogies and arguments would win people over, he basically doused Microsoft with gasoline and thought igniting the gasoline would be the best way to make the gasoline smell go away.

Jarmel

Banned
I've always liked Manveer. Really helped out the Bioware forums in regards to figuring the technical details for ME3(in regards to combat) and seemed upfront.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
You know, this guy is probably going to get death threats and shit for this. As much as I think the guy's statements are really stupid, he doesn't deserve those if he does get them...

TwiztidElf

Wow, Customer is always wrong eh orthy?
My experience is that the IT industry is changing and people with this type of dinosaur attitude towards their customers don't usually last long these days.

Top Bottom