• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Studios' creative director has some choice words about always-online

Ingeniero

iZ4Xc7uzxvJUA.gif

Wow, this is great, really, glorious.
Thanks man, made me lol hard.

I'm not wrong, sorry. I advise you to become a little more familiar with the legal disclaimer. Microsoft has the legal stance of distancing themselves completely from Orth's public statements, which you've completely dismissed as being reality.

Now what happens to Adam Orth internally based on his actions is completely up to his employer and I'm in no position to say what will or will not be the result..

What "legal disclaimer"? Are you referring us to Wikipedia's definition for what a legal disclaimer is in general?

Sure MS will try and distance themselves from Orth's public statements, but he can and probably should get fired for making public statements about a MS product that can be, and is being, interpreted negatively by the consumer base of such product.

Since we are using Wikipedia links, I'll give you one to become a little more familiar with Employment at Will.

Kerub

Banned
If the gaming side of the Internet was a barometer of sales, the Wii would have tanked, and iPad sales would be in the toilet.

It's cute how all the pirates are upset about "always online", though. Oh, not a pirate, just don't have a stable Internet connection? Go buy a Wii U. Nintendo has your back.

Yeah, that's what it's all about.

Well to call those "articles" discussing it or even journalistic is a bit too much, I clicked on a couple of those but is basically taking this thread and putting it as click bait headline. But thats just the impression i got in the couple I read

Well, to be honest I don't think most of the West Coast is up yet, once the US is up I'm sure there will be more "waiting for comment" type discussions. Destructoid has a pretty good piece but in general there won't be much 'substance' because at this point any 'new' information is going to be guarded with a lock and key.

Sorry man. It is worth discussing, and I appreciate your writeup, I really do.

Lol, hook, line, and sinker.

And that GIF ... holy shit, so great.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
If the gaming side of the Internet was a barometer of sales, the Wii would have tanked, and iPad sales would be in the toilet.

It's cute how all the pirates are upset about "always online", though. Oh, not a pirate, just don't have a stable Internet connection? Go buy a Wii U. Nintendo has your back.

Quoting so everyone can see your idiocy.

Huff

Banned
Andddd there we go. Didn't take long to discredit positive news. And why exactly would he admit to trolling if he think what he said was true? No one will do that if those are their plans.

He said he was trolling about the cities comment.

His early tweets about always online, cell phones, and vacuums stand

Andddd there we go. Didn't take long to discredit positive news. And why exactly would he admit to trolling if he think what he said was true? No one will do that if those are their plans.
because like half the time comments blow up in someone's face on the internet they claim at the very end that they were just trolling and that they "got" everyone

Hari Seldon

They are going to have to have an emergency conference or something ahead of E3. They are losing the PR battle, and might lose the war.

Amir0x

Banned
oh man they really are going to do this shit

and they've already got their dogs out there trying to message this shit as somehow positive? Gettin' the fanboy orders in a row?

this is going to be the most delightful trainwreck in human history.

TS-08

If he was trolling he'll definitely be fired for bringing his employer into disrepute. Trolling is even worse than just being a douche.

Yeah if he was only trolling (and not defending online-only due to its inclusion in Nextbox), his decision to make these tweets is even more baffling. How could he think it would go any other way and not bring a PR storm to Microsoft's front door?

So he just confirmed on twitter he was trolling. I'm guess that's going to get little news on GAF though. Continue everyone.

Terrible attempt at backpedalling, when you get caught saying something extremely dumb and then say "lol i was just trolling" it's not too credible. Also trolling is probably not the smartest thing to do here...

Sure MS will try and distance themselves from Orth's public statements, but he can and probably should get fired for making public statements about a MS product that can be, and is being, interpreted negatively by the consumer base of such product.

Since we are using Wikipedia links, I'll give you one to become a little more familiar with Employment at Will.
Thank you for that, but my original response is here. Should help you understand the context more.

Top Bottom