• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Surface?

Is it possible to prop this bad boy up in your lap or do you need to put it on a table and/or desk? It seems to be just what I need at the price I want, but it has to be able to sit in my lap.

*cues the lap dancing jokes*

Also, would 4GB RAM be sufficient to power a Surface if it had a 128 GB SSD and an Intel Core M? I can get one in my price range with 8GB of RAM, but it would be the smaller Go model.

Last edited:
The kickstand can be flipped right back into a table top/lap friendly position (almost at the same angle you can prop up a normal desktop keyboard) or you can angle it in a more traditional laptop way no problem.

However, I feel problem isn't getting the display into a comfortable position. The thing is, the keyboard and trackpad are quite thin and feels quite terrible to use on your legs. It needs a hard surface to feel usable.

- based on my experiences with surface 3 and 4, maybe updated now

Last edited:
Sucks to hear that. I was really banking on getting a Surface. I've just got so sick of trying to find the right 2 in 1 laptop for me at this point. I don't know which one to go with. I was hoping the Surface would pan out.

Edit: I'm probably still going to get a Surface Go or a Surface Pro. I'll deal with it on my legs until I can get a desk and computer chair. Lol.

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
4gb ain't enough for Windows 10. Sure it'll run it but it'll be slow and laggy as shit. Watch Lisa's review of it

NinjaMouse

Gold Member
I have an 8GB Surface Go and I'd still have a hard time recommending it to folks. That Pentium Gold processor just isn't great. What makes me keep mine (for now) is that I have the LTE model and it's super useful when commuting and stuff. A recent update seems to have brought a little bit of "pep" to the machine, but honestly, if mine broke tomorrow I'd buy something else to replace it with. If you're hell-bent on a Surface device, get the Pro, at least.

Top Bottom