• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft teases for E3 with countdown: "And it's on..."

Zeth

This looks like a simple countdown widget on Major Nelson's blog. Not really what I was expecting.

Also, the real reveal will likely occur before E3, won't it?

Meelow

Banned
Really excited! I hope Microsoft shows off it's new IP's as well that's not an FPS, I hope for adventure/platforming/RPG genres.

If E3 2013 is like E3 2012...Then oh my

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The Microsoft brand's so popular now that they don't really need MTV. Especially now that it's real easy to watch E3, and everything console-wise is connected.

Except "normal" people (a very large majority of everyone who owns either of the consoles) don't watch E3, nor have they ever heard of it.

So..... wait, is Kinect going to be fun this time around?

I'm honestly don't see it ever being all that fun no matter what they do to it. They are better off saving money by not shipping it inside every box.

d1rtn4p

I'm in if they tone down the Kinect stuff, quit with all the dashboard ads, and focus more on strong exclusives like they did earlier in this gen. If not, then hey, I've always been a PC gamer at heart...

Guevara

all kinect all the time.

It's like, how much more kinect could this be? and the answer is none. None more kinect.

Air

Banned
The good thing about this, is that by Microsoft hyping this up, maybe Sony and Nintendo have to come up with something to counter it. It looks like Microsoft is ready to shout to the world that their time has arrived and it's up to the other two to put up or get drowned in the hype.. At the very least this e3 will be far better than last years.

BY2K

Membero Americo
This looks like a simple countdown widget on Major Nelson's blog. Not really what I was expecting.

Also, the real reveal will likely occur before E3, won't it?

Well, technically speaking the Press Conference, thus the reveal in them, always are before E3.

If they unveil the new console at E3 will they still release it in fall or will they do something crazy and do a spring 2014 release? So many questions, so little answers.

Bgamer90

Banned
::rubs hands::

Yessssssss....

Can't wait.

I'm really thinking about actually going. The hype is going to be through the roof. I want to experience it first hand.

Glass Rebel

Do I want Microsoft to raise the baseline so I can get better looking PC games...

Or do I want them to release an underpowered piece of hardware for the sweet meltdowns?

Orbis vs Durango will be extremely interesting. Their predecessors are both pretty much on equal footing before next gen starts. Has this ever happened before?

lexi

Banned
Do I want Microsoft to raise the baseline so I can get better looking PC games...

Or do I want them to release an underpowered piece of hardware for the sweet meltdowns?

We'll get both. I think some people are expecting 32gb RAM. (lol)

Bgamer90

Banned
Except "normal" people (a very large majority of everyone who owns either of the consoles) don't watch E3, nor have they ever heard of it.

One thing that's big now though that wasn't really around back in early 2005 is social media. New Xbox unveiling is going to be all over the web.

I personally don't think that they really need to have another TV special.

Derrick01

Banned

You'd have to be a sociopath to root for a thing that will negatively affect you as a PC gamer just to read forum meltdowns lol.

Based on the expectations some posters seem to have about what 'a real next gen leap looks like', it's very possible you can get both

and so it begins about
SimmonsDAMN.gif
time

jaypah

Haha oh wow. This makes me pretty excited.

I visit every next Gen rumor thread and have never seen that claim except for once and that guy was joking.

Anyway, new consoles are coming and I'll be due for a PC upgrade. I can't fucking wait! Especially seeing the stuff that even midrange rigs are pulling off these days. I hope everyone has been putting ample thought into ways to easily get indie devs on board too.

Top Bottom