• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft teases for E3 with countdown: "And it's on..."

Ardenyal

From the recent Xbox 720 spec thread. (Posting here, since that thread will later devolve back to spec talk)

The brainchilds behind Project Gotham Racing hint at their next racing game.

Skylightthumb.png

In response to the leaks and hints, everything is coming true.

Hope that's not indicative of in game graphics, that depth of field effect is all kinds of wrong :lol

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
32vjL.png

Did notice this while Googling their website. Skylight is the codename for this racing deal, right?

Guess it is PGR inspired somehow.

DocStar

Neo Member
Hope that's not indicative of in game graphics, that depth of field effect is all kinds of wrong :lol

Kind of a different angle but does anyone of you remember the London Track in PGR3?

204905803_fa339afbe2_z.jpg

Edit: beaten :/

But also... A possible new PGR and maybe even a Fallout 4 (as mentioned by some tweets of the voice actor of ThreeDog) would absolutely kill the launch in a good way :)

KageMaru

I'm hesitant to get hyped up over the game without knowing what platform it's on. Looks more like a current gen title than anything next gen.

I always thought that this gen was exclusive to the 360 and but a timed exclusive for next gen

Yeah, that was the original plan. The contract states the PS3 version will be considered for 2014. They first needed to run a technical feasibility analysis to make sure they are able to port the game to the PS3 "at quality and feature parity" with the 360 version. Afterwards they would run a business analysis to "ascertain the commercial desirability of the PS3 SKU, taking into consideration the then prevailing information regarding expected market conditions and console transitions."

My point was the contract never allowed them to delay the game to 2014 if they didn't have enough resources, the contract specifically states 2014 was always targeted as the intended date.

you should read the contract again.

Bungie wrote that statement to ensure that they wouldn't be penalized for not producing a ps3 version due to the recent departure from xbox only development. Not to mention the contract had already been through revisions before it was ever brought out in court (ie the court document was old).

I have read it again. As I said above, the contract says nothing about allowing them to delay the ps3 version to 2014, that was always the intended date. He's just talking out of his ass.

Also I agree, the contract has been revised since this leak, so there's a chance it'll appear on the PS3 this year.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I also think a dev of Bungie's caliber would not delay the PS3 release and hurt sales and their reputation like that if its not a paid exclusivity (which I also think they wouldn't do).

KageMaru

I also think a dev of Bungie's caliber would not delay the PS3 release and hurt sales and their reputation like that if its not a paid exclusivity (which I also think they wouldn't do).

Based on how the contract reads out, it sounds like they care more about the quality of their title than making sure it's multi-platform. They make sure to mention that in no way would they compromise the design just to port it to other platforms.

AngryFacing

Neo Member
Based on how the contract reads out, it sounds like they care more about the quality of their title than making sure it's multi-platform. They make sure to mention that in no way would they compromise the design just to port it to other platforms.

I have a feeling since Bungie is partnered with Activision on this one, they might pull what Acti does with Call of Duty and give Bungie's Destiny a period of exclusivity on the Xbox platform, but still go multi-platform with the entire game.

This could also be why we are all speculating it'll be at the Microsoft keynote.

lupin23rd

If you were seriously considering multi-platform from the start shouldn't that have been taken into account from the start of design?

Or are the people who developed Skyrim working on this game?

a new project gotham at release would be amazing, but I'm not sure if I want it due fractured the team is now with some at Evolution and others God knows where.

PGR had a certain something about its gameplay, this is showcased perfectly in PGR4, which I feel still remains one of the best racers released this gen. to have a fifth title is great, but only if it can live up to the legacy of the amazing fourth title.

KageMaru

If you were seriously considering multi-platform from the start shouldn't that have been taken into account from the start of design?

Or are the people who developed Skyrim working on this game?

Well the contract sounds like it won't be multi-platform if it effects the design:

The parties acknowledge and agree that the budget set forth in the Payment Schedule set forth on Exhibit attached hereto is scoped to delivery of only the Xbox 360 SKU (puus content pipeline) for Destiny Game. The parties also currently contemplate the development and commercial release of Destiny Game #1 for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system in the Fall of 2014, subject to the' parties hereto conducting a joint technical feasibility analysis that reasonably establishes to the parties' mutual satisfaction that Destiny Game #1 is able to be developed for the PS3 at quality and feature parity to the Xbox 360 version of Destiny Game #t (the Xbox 360, the Xbox 720 and the PS3 are collectively referred to herein as the "Destiny Game #1 Platforms"). The parties hereto shall mutually agree to the incremental budget to fund the PS3 technical feasibility analysis. The cost of the technical feasibility analysis shall be included in the overall Project Accounting (as such term is defined in Section 11.5) for purposes of calculating Operating Income (as such term is defined in Section 11.1); provided, however, that in the event the parties hereto agree that a PS3 version of Destiny Game #1 is not feasible, any costs of the technical feasibility analysis in excess of Two million Dollars ($2,000,000) shall be excluded from the overall Project Accounting. The parties shall seek to conclude technical diligence on whether to develop Destiny Game #1 for the PS3 by no later than January 31, 2011. The parties shall then commence a business diligence phase ending no later than March 31, 2011, to ascertain the commercial desirability of the PS3 SKU, taking into consideration the then prevailing information regarding expected market conditions and console transitions. The baseline framework for analyzing the SKU-plan of the Products is attached hereto as Exhibit F. Licensor agrees that it shall not willfuity take any actions (or make any omissions) in its development of the Xbox 360 version of Destiny Game #1 to hinder or undermine the ability to also develop Destiny Game #1 for the PS3. In no event shall Licensor be required to simultaneously ship Destiny Game #1 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 in the Fall of 2013.

The second bolded line says everything IMO.

NeoGIF

This. They need to go back to PGR2 and drop all the crazy super-car crap. More than enough games that have loads of super-cars in them, time to move back to 4x4 family transporters.

Amen to that. A new PGR for the 720 launch would be godly. In the meantime, a PGR2 HD remake would be splendid.

Top Bottom