• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Thanks for your dedication to Xbox: Here is Killer Instinct for free

Just received this in my inbox. Didn't find any threads about it.

capture0spi0.png

EDIT: I don't know why. I have 7 years of Gold and I have Xbox One preordered achievement. Might be related.
EDIT2: I also have the highest tier on Xbox Live Rewards for achievements unlocked. Might also be related.

EDIT3:
Luck of the draw then I suppose.

Xbox Official Twitter reply
We considered a variety of things like Gamerscore, LIVE tenure, & other factors in markets where #XboxOne is available.

EDIT4: (there is still hope for you who have not received anything yet)
Chatting to Support now to confirm...

And yes, definitely in waves.

Henriette: at 21:41:31
You are definitely correct, we are giving away free gifts to all qualified users all over the regions where the xbox one is available. I believe the emails are already sent out starting today and it is by batch or waves, which is what we have been informed.

Sikamikanico: at 21:42:05
That some good news. :) Kudos to MS for doing something awesome.

Ubersnug

Hmm, wonder what the criteria for this is?

*refreshes inbox*

In fact, how does Microsoft know you are getting an XOne John Caboose? Did you pre-order direct or something?

RedStep

Wow, when I read the thread I thought it was snarky (like maybe they were offering the 1-character version as a "free game"). But nope, I got it too. 6 years Gold here, I think.

I just checked my email, nothing... Come on Microsoft, I've been supporting you even THROUGH the DRM fuck up. I want love too. :(

EDIT: What's the Email header, so I can be on the look-out for this?

LiK

Wait, I got one too. So does this mean I get the full version for free? I wonder if they chose us based on our membership or something....

Ubersnug

Can those who are getting this email confirm if they are American or not? Wondering if this is a US only promotion or what...

Siegfried

Nothing in my inbox. I remember receiving an email some time ago asking if I had pre ordered a one already... I think it's related to that.

Wait, I got one too. So does this mean I get the full version for free? I wonder if they chose us based on our membership or something....
I just got one as well. The email said all characters will be unlocked, so ya, sounds like the full $20 version. Pretty happy!!

Gowans

The next gen game I'm most looking forward too, that's AWESOME!

10yr Live member here & my inbox is empty :(

DESTROYA

Hmmm....too bad I'm not really looking to buy an XBONE, but it's fantastic for those that are. Wonder if the PS4 is going to give away a free game?
Can't beat free!

TRios Zen

Hmm, my gold account is 7 years old, and I have an One pre-ordered (through Amazon though, not a MS store), but no free KI for me. WTF? I'd love free KI!

Top Bottom