• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft To Hold a Launch Event For Its Next Gen Consoles!

Yoboman

Hope its on a boat

kaQcVBg.jpg

How many celebrities/influencers do you expect at this event? Above or below 6? :messenger_tears_of_joy: just poking fun boys. Sucks cause if this was any other year, there would have been a shit ton of people there and it would have probably been a great even to be a part of!

Both the ad campaigns, Series X and PS5, are a bit... out there, not quite fake baby doll out there haha. The Series X "Power your dreams" ads remind me of the movie "Upside Down" especially when the box turns into a massive building and the guys floating up.

....you do realize the footage you are seeing is real life.... right? This is not in-engine, CGI, or in game stuff. This is New Zealand in all its glory.
And you are sure because you have a high res version indicating that the water displacement isn't bad graphics? Cuz the water def looks like bad graphic's with an over-recurrent wake

(ie: the pattern look's non nuanced and is overly repeated throughout much of the wake) and terrain/foliage in particular def has signs of shimmering and artifacts. Also I haven't looked more than a couple of times but some of the tree's seem to have morphic level of detail's. But then again, the tweet is terribly low resolution. However I won't believe anything until MS confirms or Denies as if you are citing that based on the exact same material I'm seeing, it's certainly too low resolution to without a doubt claim it as real footage.

And I have seen technology capable of delivering what is seen as far as the treeline and mountain's are concerned at modest intervals - this looked like a higher fidelity scan of foliage - I think you may simply be wrong in your assessment.

If it's a resolution issue, the second set of tree's on the far left side of the sample (behind the tree stump) are definitely showing signs of morphic level's of detail.

I plainly disagree.

Meanwhile: the In Engine Demo of Hellblade 2 In Iceland actually achieves far better environment photorealism than the tweet above.

Which I still assume is being rendered, and the Xbox badge looks nice atop of it.

Last edited:

Greeno

And you are sure because you have a high res version indicating that the water displacement isn't bad graphics? Cuz the water def looks like bad graphic's with an over-recurrent wake

(ie: the pattern look's non nuanced and is overly repeated throughout much of the wake) and terrain/foliage in particular def has signs of shimmering and artifacts. Also I haven't looked more than a couple of times but some of the tree's seem to have morphic level of detail's. But then again, the tweet is terribly low resolution. However I won't believe anything until MS confirms or Denies as if you are citing that based on the exact same material I'm seeing, it's certainly too low resolution to without a doubt claim it as real footage.

And I have seen technology capable of delivering what is seen as far as the treeline and mountain's are concerned at modest intervals - this looked like a higher fidelity scan of foliage - I think you may simply be wrong in your assessment.

If it's a resolution issue, the second set of tree's on the far left side of the sample (behind the tree stump) are definitely showing signs of morphic level's of detail.

I plainly disagree.

Meanwhile: the In Engine Demo of Hellblade 2 actually achieves far better environment photorealism than the tweet above.

Which I still assume is being rendered, and the Xbox badge looks nice atop of it.

I plainly disagree.

Meanwhile: the In Engine Demo of Hellblade 2 actually achieves far better environment photorealism than the tweet above.

The rendering in the real world sucks
- Nhranaghacon 2020

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dude that`s the real world...the video compression/resolution is just really...really...bad. FS2020 closeup level bad *wink wink

edit: G Greeno already posted it.

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing has confirmed that is film footage.

Yes and the water rendering in Iceland, as is the location of Hellblade 2 is in fact soooo much better.

The rendering of Most neighborhoods, Dallas in Microsoft Flight sim - is actually not a 1 to 1 depiction of the neighborhood's in that locale.

Location's can be rendered quiet easily - as I just demonstrated. So what precisely is the issue here?

You are taking that as a confirmation of non - engine footage?

Nothing has been cited as film footage nor confirmed. A location mean's absolutely nothing.

However we have clearly been told this sample of Hellblade 2 RENDERED IN - ENGINE is Iceland

I suppose, if it is an environmental scan - as proposed in the reply you quoted - the water rendering would suck.

But yes, every other piece of hype footage Microsoft has ever released for a console launch has been CGI - let's quit while we're ahead and deliver some film footage with our
Next Gen Console Hype teaser - And smack our Xbox label on top of it. Cuz that makes sense.

Again, I do not believe that is film footage just because some location was given - morphic lod issue's and overly recurrent water pattern's aside.

Last edited:
Wonder what game engine that is utilizing, the terrain on display is far - far - ....superior... than anything seen as of to date and may be a stealth demonstration of some new game tech (or just Microsoft flight simulator) the water is meh though.

Maybe it's sneak peek of DX12 update for FlightSim2020

SirTerry-T

Absolutely nothing has confirmed that is film footage.

Yes and the water rendering in Iceland, as is the location of Hellblade 2 is in fact soooo much better.

The rendering of Most neighborhoods, Dallas in Microsoft Flight sim - is actually not a 1 to 1 depiction of the neighborhood's in that locale.

Location's can be rendered quiet easily - as I just demonstrated. So what precisely is the issue here?

You are taking that as a confirmation of non - engine footage?

Nothing has been cited as film footage nor confirmed. A location mean's absolutely nothing.

However we have clearly been told this sample of Hellblade 2 RENDERED IN - ENGINE is Iceland

I suppose, if it is an environmental scan - as proposed in the reply you quoted - the water rendering would suck.

But yes, every other piece of hype footage Microsoft has ever released for a console launch has been CGI - let's quit while we're ahead and deliver some film footage with our
Next Gen Console Hype teaser - And smack our Xbox label on top of it. Cuz that makes sense.

Again, I do not believe that is film footage just because some location was given - morphic lod issue's and overly recurrent water pattern's aside.

Can't believe I'm the first guy posting this in this thread but here we go....

epQftyh.jpg

Stuart360

Are people trolling about that vid in the tweet?, its obviously real footage. The water looks a little suspect but i have seen that stuff happen in real life on calm water.

Vawn

Banned

I plainly disagree.

Meanwhile: the In Engine Demo of Hellblade 2 In Iceland actually achieves far better environment photorealism than the tweet above.

Did you just post a TLDR analysis about the graphical pros and cons of real life? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mister Wolf

Hopefully some Halo Infinite with RTGI and RTAO. Lighting needs to be at least on the level of what I see in the PC version of Hunt Showdown with its Voxel GI.

jigglet

Banned
Hopefully some Halo Infinite with RTGI and RTAO. Lighting needs to be at least on the level of what I see in the PC version of Hunt Showdown with its Voxel GI.

If we don't see a strong showing of Halo, then I think we can rule out any of hope of it coming out first half of next year.

....you do realize the footage you are seeing is real life.... right? This is not in-engine, CGI, or in game stuff. This is New Zealand in all its glory.

Why would they be showing "real-life" on a video for an event trying to push next gen technology.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
All of that seems reasonable. But I don't believe Halo: Infinite will be coming out next Spring. No way they fixed everything in 4 months.
I still hope that Halo will launch before the summer though. Would've given them 6 extra months, if they need 12 months, that's also fine, but then the first 6 months of the Xbox lineup is a bit bleak

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
They need to release it when its done, not before.
Yeah preferably, but I would think a 6 month extension would already be enough. Although I don't know how much harder it is to work from home, and how well they handled that.

AJUMP23

I got to go to the Gamecube launch events that Nintendo was hosting several years ago. It was a lot of fun. I would really enjoy a Xbox launch party. I think that one they did in the desert is still talked about how amazing it was.

In addition Halo needs to be near perfect when it is released. If it isn't Phil needs to remove the leadership of 343.

Yeah preferably, but I would think a 6 month extension would already be enough. Although I don't know how much harder it is to work from home, and how well they handled that.

Its hard to say. But everything is harder from home. Like mo-cap for example. They cant do that type of stuff from home. It really depends how much work they have left and what that work is.

Youd assume that the core of the game was done if they didnt delay it till the very last minute, but who knows. They might have decided to redo some stuff at this point.

Top Bottom