• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to offer 3$ per 1000 views if you promote XBO

zeldablue

That's so depressing...

But smart nonetheless. I guess the people watching the videos already have an xbone, so no harm done?

Tyrax

Not rumor - it's truth.

pS6Gd5v.png
an image with no link or further information. Looks credible enough to me. Hang on, I need to find my pitchfork

Skeff

So this get's out the same day major Nelson asks for us to stop the internet hate.

There is a reason MS are getting such bad PR and it's stuff like this.

Also inb4 someone changes the EA/IGN gif to MS/YT.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
And just like that, every credible Youtube reviewer is out of my playlist.

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-129u2uwq.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

It is fucking ridiculous.

[quote="Tyrax, post: 97522304"]an image with no link or further information. Looks credible enough to me. Hang on, I need to find my pitchfork[/QUOTE]
Keep on reading the thread and you will get there....we can wait.

Zeth

Any links for the other Youtubers referenced in OP? Can you translate what the guy in OP is saying?

Orayn

Alright guys, what's our hashtag going to be? Let's set fire to some internet dumpsters and overturn some internet cars.

#XboneNoAstroturfing?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I really want to work in games journalism, but I'm afraid if I actually get my foot in the door I'll fall into stuff like this.

Orayn

what does CPM mean?

The amount you get paid per 1000 video views. Non-partnered people get somewhere in the neighborhood of $1-2, $2+ with a partner network depending on your arrangements with them, though that's for successfully served ads and not just views.

Fracas

#fuckonami
YouTube... Machinima... Journalistic integrity?

LOL

Not surprising though, am I correct to assume most is not all companies are guilty of this at some point?

You know as well as I do this will spread to publications, provided it hasn't already.

Zeth

Looks like standard MCN monetization taken out of context. Xbox has adbuy with Machinima - Machinima circulates to their channels.

spwolf

Looks like standard MCN monetization taken out of context. Xbox has adbuy with Machinima - Machinima circulates to their channels.

nope, it is not an ad... it is in addition to the normal ads that you run... so basically be nice to XB1 and promote it, and they give you money + you get regular YT monetization

tbm24

I'm having a hard time seeing why this matters. Unless a company trying to market to their target audience is wrong or something.

LycanXIII

I'm going to assume it's just a Machinima/MS partnership? Or are other MCNs on board?

Either way, can't wait until the backlash of people that don't receive their pay.

Top Bottom