• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to release 25 new missions for Ninja Gaiden II

Nemesis_

I doubt it's equivalent to a whole new campaign mode. This would mean new levels, voice overs and perhaps even enemies. Reckon all this has been incorporated or it's just a bunch of open arena levels with two bosses attacking Ryu? Oh wait.:lol

DC R1D3R

Banned
Bring em out, Bring em out!!

2vm6f05.gif
2vrsm6v.gif
21a0gtt.gif
23l0g3l.gif
359bkh1.gif

Nemesis_

pswii60 said:
So what's this? New missions within the existing levels? Or whole new levels? New environments? Or what?
According to the screenshots released previously, it's just a bunch of missions where you fight battles not found in Campaign mode.

For example: Elizebet & Genshin versus Ryu

And other things.

Nemesis_

Negaiido said:
No MS aint releasing them, Team Ninja is releasing them.
Its not like MS should get the credit for the game.
Publishers always carry most of the burden with a game. Just like everyone thinks that Capcom is making Dark Void and Spyborgs, or how everyone thinks Ubisoft made No More Heroes ;_;

(from a casual perspective, I mean >_>)

McDragon said:
yeah, this isn't really new.

why is everything priced 800 points these days...

The PGR4 and Mass Effect DLC were both at 400pts, I was hoping this would set a trend for MGS published games but apparently not... :(

We definitely need more 400pt arcade games though. (And not just coin-op/console classics)

Sounds a lot like additional stuff like the Hurricane Packs. Any chance they would release NGII: Black at 50 bucks in 6 months? I haven't jumped in on NGII yet and would like the opportunity to get all this stuff on disc.

MCD

Skiptastic said:
Sounds a lot like additional stuff like the Hurricane Packs. Any chance they would release NGII: Black at 50 bucks in 6 months? I haven't jumped in on NGII yet and would like the opportunity to get all this stuff on disc.
with what's going on with team ninja lately, no one can tell.

Mamesj

Banned
I'd just like to take this time to salute the Hurricane Packs--the first and last awesome free DLC in the pre-charge for everything era.

just tray

SlaughterX said:
So I guess Itagaki had nothing to do witth these new missions, probably just soem shit thrown together for a quick buck?

Somewhere on the planet is a man who wanted to say"Dem sonz of bitches is using my work to pay for legal fees I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL TECMO!!!" only he can't because he's under a gag order.Gaf got cha back Itagaki.

raYne

SlaughterX said:
So I guess Itagaki had nothing to do witth these new missions, probably just soem shit thrown together for a quick buck?
Pretty much since there's nothing new at all that I can see. All the environments shown are already in the game. Same with the enemies. They're all just swapped around and the "room" closed off.

The NG1 mission pack actually had new stuff. :/

Gbeav said:
I was just thinking that, didn't the studio basically shut down after it was released.
I'm pretty sure the costumes and these missions were done or essentially done the day the game went gold. As part of the contract with MS, they wanted to make sure it would conform to MS's "DLC timing strategy".

Gbeav

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
I'm pretty sure the costumes and these missions were done or essentially done the day the game went gold. As part of the contract with MS, they wanted to make sure it would conform to MS's "DLC timing strategy".

Probably, the new age of video gaming not including all they develop.

Oh well, people have a choice to buy it or not.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
SlaughterX said:

Nah, Team Ninja made them with the intention of them being included in the game. The strategy guide even mentions them being unlocked once you finish the game.

Victrix

*beard*
Microsoft to release Tecmo to release Team Ninja's Mission Mode maps originally included in the game but ripped out for DLC rapetransactions

Gwanatu T

I was all excited about this DLC in the OP, but after reading for a while I'm not so excited anymore. They made it sound like a whole new campaign or something, and it was unbelievable sounding at first. Too good to be true I guess, typical this-gen battered gamer stuff. This should have been in the original game anyway, it apparently was planned, as it's in the guide apparently (according to Gamersyde user comments of course).

Top Bottom