• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft trademarks "Eden Falls"

Silky

Banned

But their twitter, listed on the website, has Lift London on it...

82xXdXi.png

We are Lift London.

We craft games for tablets, smartphones and beyond.

We aim to excite, thrill, amuse and delight - wherever you are, whenever you want.

Silky

Banned
Keep in mind that the website hasn't been updated for /150/ days. Things might have happened. Maybe the devs are working with Lift London/MS? Maybe they were acquired by MS or MS is funding the game?

Oh look, from the website;
Alright. What platforms will the game be coming out?
Our primary target is to release the game on tablets first (iOS, Android, Windows), with a HD version for PC coming out a bit later. Don’t hold us to it, though, since we’ve only been working full time on the project for a few months.

Hmm.

Stop putting the words "dark" and "fall" or "falls" or any variation in your game tiles, thanks.

Game looks like it could be cyberpunk so I am intrigued.

Silky

Banned
More stuiff?

What kind of an age rating can I expect? Is it going to be violent?
Eden Falls will deal with some heavy topics and is thus targeted towards a mature, adult audience. Sex, drugs and violence will all play their part through out the story.

Will the game be single-player only? What about multiplayer?

Yes. Eden Falls is designed from the ground up as a single player RPG. We have no plans to include any multiplayer functionality in the first episode at least. Future multiplayer support is possible for the later releases.

again. A lot can happen in 150 days. We could see something like MS letting Lift London handle the Tablet version of this game while the actual team does the PC version.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I saw the turn based episodic rpg description. Then I saw the cloud tablet studio. I will continue to not remember this existed and will await E3 for further judgement. Eden Falls is a really cool name though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What Lift London is.

For those of us who don't know.

hornoxe.com_gifdump93vdu31.gif

Of course it's being developed by a dev focused on mobile and tablets. Of course.

Though the "HD version for PC" has me slightly interested. Then there's the "coming out a bit later" part, which makes me feel like PC will be in terms of Eden Falls as a secondary platform that will be beset with problems characteristic of the tablet/mobile platform. I can't be hyped for this.

I can't believe Doffen is missing this potential news, he'll be so upset :(

Their twitter page does have a new (low quality!) logo I've just noticed, and they have recently moved into a new studio

45Dds-cN.png

With it being Lift London,I'm expecting a high quality mobile / tablet experience title like Deus Ex: The Fall or Infinity Blade.

Ashtar

I was excited to hear about an episodic sci fi turn based RPG with "heavy topics" but if it's just for tablets.... meh!

Silky

Banned

Their twitter page does have a new (low quality!) logo I've just noticed, and they have recently moved into a new studio

45Dds-cN.png

Huh. Now that is a new logo. Restructuring? Epxanding Lift London into something more than mobile?

I'll' be dammed if MS wasted another studio on mobile instead of their system.

Another? Lift London are their only (dedicated) mobile studio and even then it doesn't seem to be set in stone. They have always been a studio with the intention of doing mobile/smaller stuff, they have 4 projects going, first is touch second might move up to console too. Their all supposed to be F2P I think, but the idea that MS have loads of mobile studios is just... wrong.

Huh. Now that is a new logo. Restructuring? Epxanding Lift London into something more than mobile?

Expanding I guess? I think Press Play said they're using some Lift London tech for something... and LL do have other people working with them, i'll have to see if I can dig up details later as I'm just off to bed...

For whatever its worth, based off solely LinkedIn, Lift London is still a small team. I'm seeing 30 listed positions, which isn't all of them obviously, but matches with the previously cited 50-ish team size.

Another? Lift London are their only (dedicated) mobile studio and even then it doesn't seem to be set in stone. They have always been a studio with the intention of doing mobile/smaller stuff, they have 4 projects going, first is touch second might move up to console too. Their all supposed to be F2P I think, but the idea that MS have loads of mobile studios is just... wrong.

Expanding I guess? I think Press Play said they're using some Lift London tech for something... and LL do have other people working with them, i'll have to see if I can dig up details later as I'm just off to bed...

I guess i mean that they are willing to open a studio for mobile but not more for their system.

Dusky

Anything sci-fi gets my attention. Hopefully it'll come to other platforms besides mobile though...

45Dds-cN.png

That is one ugly logo. If I didn't know they were a games studio I'd think they were some sort of airline.

I guess i mean that they are willing to open a studio for mobile but not more for their system.

Lift London were opened roughly as part of the same expansion process that made Black Tusk, Microsoft Studios Victoria (RIP), Team Dakota (Project Spark), Xbox Entertainment LA and possibly LXP...

viveks86

I saw the turn based episodic rpg description. Then I saw the cloud tablet studio. I will continue to not remember this existed and will await E3 for further judgement. Eden Falls is a really cool name though.

Pretty much this (including the title).

EBE

sort of related: what was the name of that new studio with the astronaut in their logo? are they also a mobile developer?

malfcn

Funny that I also had an immediate Alan Wake thought. I'd be happy with either that or something from the art posted.

Top Bottom