• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Xbox E3 2019 | Viewing and Discussion Thread | June 9, 2019. 4:00 PM EST

Microsoft Xbox E3 2019

• Total voters

C4lukin2

Banned
Really want to see some Halo Infinite, and new Fable. Elder Scrolls 6 would be nice, but not expecting it.

Maybe some Fuzion Frenzy 3 as a bonus.

Kagey K

Banned
Added a poll just for the banter 😜
Well we know there will be a minimum of 14 exclusives and they have said there are more games then ever shown. So likely the game count is sitting around 40 with 14 being exclusive.

So World Premiere wins.

CyberPanda

Banned
Really want to see some Halo Infinite, and new Fable. Elder Scrolls 6 would be nice, but not expecting it.

Maybe some Fuzion Frenzy 3 as a bonus.
Don’t expect Fable, it’s in early stages. The best you can expect is a teaser of some sort. Halo infinite will most likely be shown, for sure. In regards to Elder Scrolls, Todd Howard is too busy fixing Fallout 76 bugs.

And, Fuzion Frenzy isn’t happening. The dream is dead!

Kagey K

Banned
Don’t expect Fable, it’s in early stages. The best you can expect is a teaser of some sort. Halo infinite will most likely be shown, for sure. In regards to Elder Scrolls, Todd Howard is too busy fixing Fallout 76 bugs.

And, Fuzion Frenzy isn’t happening. The dream is dead!
I’d much prefer a Mario party style game then a sequel to Fusion Frenzy. I don’t know why, but the board adds so much to the mini games.

Kagey K

Banned
I’m in for this. A Mario Party style game with PROPER ONLINE is going to be a blast with friends
I’m honestly surprised the idea hasn’t been copied more. The board game style with mini games tossed in seems to only be exclusive to Mario Party right now, but it could be a huge game if done right.

C4lukin2

Banned
I’d much prefer a Mario party style game then a sequel to Fusion Frenzy. I don’t know why, but the board adds so much to the mini games.

Yeah I like the board game aspect of Mario Party, but the mini games have always been terrible.

I think it would be fun to have Fuzion Frenzyesque mini games, with Mario Party game boards, and using all the properties MS has for characters and settings. All the Rare stuff, Halo, Gears, Minecraft and so on. But not likely to happen, but I can dream.

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah I like the board game aspect of Mario Party, but the mini games have always been terrible.

I think it would be fun to have Fuzion Frenzyesque mini games, with Mario Party game boards, and using all the properties MS has for characters and settings. All the Rare stuff, Halo, Gears, Minecraft and so on. But not likely to happen, but I can dream.
I’ve been wishing for it since 2005. So it’s nice to see someone else get on board with me,

CyberPanda

Banned

Tweet Phil.

CyberPanda

Banned
Is there any leaks about new console ? i hope they will give us full specs not just tease
Just rumours about specs, but nothing concrete. And you will get a similar reveal like Project Scorpio(general specs, but don’t expect the numbers, those will be finalized later).

midouglas

Neo Member
Is there any leaks about new console ? i hope they will give us full specs not just tease

Can't see it happening. Usually hardware leaks appear because final SKU information is handed to retailers. Anyone in the loop at MS will be closed lipped and developers will only have Dev Kits which rarely reflect final hardware. As the Scarlet line-up is at least a year a way, I expect a soft reveal today.

Mista

Banned
I’m honestly surprised the idea hasn’t been copied more. The board game style with mini games tossed in seems to only be exclusive to Mario Party right now, but it could be a huge game if done right.
They thought having Monopoly and other party games were enough. We really need a Mario Party like game

CyberPanda

Banned
I didn’t know, I’m not clicking them.

I’m not actually mad, I just don’t want the play by play rundown that has been leaked the last 2 years.
Fuck I screwed up. I thought you quoted another tweet. But that tweet is from Playground Games and how they are hiring for a ‘open world RPG’. Fable.:)

Well we know there will be a minimum of 14 exclusives and they have said there are more games then ever shown. So likely the game count is sitting around 40 with 14 being exclusive.

So World Premiere wins.
So did Phil actually say they would show 14 exclusives? I know he said they have 14 game studios that will be there in some capacity, and that at this E3 it would be the most 1st party games they've ever shown at an E3 before.

CyberPanda

Banned
So did Phil actually say they would show 14 exclusives? I know he said they have 14 game studios that will be there in some capacity, and that at this E3 it would be the most 1st party games they've ever shown at an E3 before.
  • 14 first-party games is a minimum and isn’t the maximum of first-party games you will see, however he tweeted that there would be 14 because he didn’t want people to start saying things like “how many studios do they have and how many partnerships do they have and how many of those games are new, what counts as a first party game”, etc. He says “let’s just say we have a lot of first party studio representation at E3 this year and a lot of games to show.”
Refer to post #30 in this thread.

• 14 first-party games is a minimum and isn’t the maximum of first-party games you will see, however he tweeted that there would be 14 because he didn’t want people to start saying things like “how many studios do they have and how many partnerships do they have and how many of those games are new, what counts as a first party game”, etc. He says “let’s just say we have a lot of first party studio representation at E3 this year and a lot of games to show.”
Refer to post #30 in this thread.
Dangit! I saw that post earlier, but only skimmed through it. Thank you!

Wimbledon

I hope its a good conference. I feel like my expectation has always been sky high for them, giving them unrealistic expectations.

If they get at least get a 7/10 from me , then they've done a good job. But i really would like to see them hit a home run.

Last edited:

D2KX

Neo Member
FWIW, the Xbox PC Game Pass already works. Just bought it through the new Xbox Beta app (sideloaded the AppX) and can install games now.

D2KX

Neo Member
Was it a separate sub?

It very clearly stated that it was for PC games only when I bought it, but I don't have a Xbox to test.

I can download the games through the new Xbox app now, and it looks really, really nice.

Microsoft is probably aware of this, but I doubt they'll shut it down now that E3 is so close anyway.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It very clearly stated that it was for PC games only when I bought it, but I don't have a Xbox to test.

I can download the games through the new Xbox app now, and it looks really, really nice.

Microsoft is probably aware of this, but I doubt they'll shut it down now that E3 is so close anyway.

I'm sure it's up now to make sure when it's announced later they can day available now and have it actually available

VAL0R

Banned
Stop it CyberPanda CyberPanda i don’t want to come in here anymore. Every second post is a tease or a spoiler,
This is just a recruitment video showing Playground's second dev team's studio, right? No spoiler here unless you didn't know Playground was making an open world adventure game, which has been public knowledge, I believe.

VAL0R

Banned
I wish I could watch Uncle Phil drop megatons live with you guys, but I have some family duties today I can't neglect. Church, then attending dad's picnic birthday at the lake and seeing my sister and her family who are back for the summer. Then we head home, grab pizza and wings for dinner on the way and then I can finally sit down to watch the MS conference in all of its green glory. Should be an awesome day!

Let the hype flow through you my friends.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
I wish I could watch Uncle Phil drop megatons live with you guys, but I have some family duties today I can't neglect. Church, then attending dad's picnic birthday at the lake and seeing my sister and her family who are back for the summer. Then we head home, grab pizza and wings for dinner on the way and then I can finally sit down to watch the MS conference in all of its green glory. Should be an awesome day!

Let the hype flow through you my friends.
Have a good day regardless, and you can come back after and see all the news. Cheers. ^_^

JimiNutz

Banned
Not many posts about Battletoads.
I'm not expecting a AAA game or anything but a fun brawler made for Game Pass.

Are most people thinking this will be vapourware?

CyberPanda

Banned
Not many posts about Battletoads.
I'm not expecting a AAA game or anything but a fun brawler made for Game Pass.

Are most people thinking this will be vapourware?
I'm not expecting it to be vapourware. The game will do decent I think, and it has a lot of nostalgia behind it.

Virex

Banned
I think we could literally name the usual suspects that will downplay any studio pick ups. If there is any, they've been kept extra under wraps so I will just think of them as a bonus if they do eventuate.

So what are we all drinking and eating tonight lads? Only 10 and a half hours left, think I'll go to the beech and pick up some beers on the way home with some Doritos. alll aboardddddd
I'm just being lazy at home for the rest of the day. Microsoft's conference is 23:00 in my region. But I will be watching. I took the whole of next week off as well. Need some time off and didn't take much the last 3 years. I finally feel like playing games again. After being down lately I haven't played games in over a month. But this week I'm going to play a shit ton of games.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm not expecting it to be vapourware. The game will do decent I think, and it has a lot of nostalgia behind it.

Yeah I'm hoping it's a decent.
MS doesn't really have many hand to hand or melee based exclusive games (yet) so I'm hoping for a good brawler with a focus on co-op gameplay.

CyberPanda

Banned
Yeah I'm hoping it's a decent.
MS doesn't really have many hand to hand or melee based exclusive games (yet) so I'm hoping for a good brawler with a focus on co-op gameplay.
Agreed. The developer making Battletoads is DLaLa Studios, they made Sea of Thieves with Rare.

I'm just being lazy at home for the rest of the day. Microsoft's conference is 23:00 in my region. But I will be watching. I took the whole of next week off as well. Need some time off and didn't take much the last 3 years. I finally feel like playing games again. After being down lately I haven't played games in over a month. But this week I'm going to play a shit ton of games.
Awww, I'm sorry you are feeling down! If you ever need to vent, you can always send me a DM. :)

Last edited:

zenspider

Not in the XBOX ecosystem for about a decade now, but they've been had great conferences the last few years - really looking forward to it!

Top Bottom