• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Xbox E3 2019 | Viewing and Discussion Thread | June 9, 2019. 4:00 PM EST

Microsoft Xbox E3 2019

• Total voters

Calibur

The Microsoft XBOX conference will be great by default and probably win E3, game developers need somewhere to show there new shiny games, no that Sony is a no show ....I can't wait hype levels are too high!!

CyberPanda

Banned
irT0b7f.png

It could be there best conference of all time but I get the distinct feeling because Sony is a no show people are gonna remember it more for that instead of a great preso

Next gen I think is going to be a real step change in how we game

Hostile_18

Banned
I hope Obsidion re-release Alpha Protocol that they were teasing months back. No game has done player choice better.

I'm almost certainly going PlayStation 5 premium next gen due to the exclusives and now my back catalogue but if the streaming box is cheap enough I'd happily add it to the set up for the exclusives and the better controller ;)

TimFL

I'm expecting MS to have the best conference at E3 this year. We're almost there!
I'm expecting that too, but I'd actually prefer if they shit the bed again like they usually do. That'd blindside a lot of people: the only console manufacturer at E3, still manages to fuck it up.

Imagine the headlines and tears. Is it bad that I want that to happen?

Stuart360

I'm expecting that too, but I'd actually prefer if they shit the bed again like they usually do. That'd blindside a lot of people: the only console manufacturer at E3, still manages to fuck it up.

Imagine the headlines and tears. Is it bad that I want that to happen?
Dont worry, no matter how good their conference is, there will be more than enough people on here saying they fucked it up and it was terrible.

dolabla

Ready to see this. Always exciting to learn more about when a new console is on the way. Hope they give us a nice sneak peek. Just don't go all Xbox One reveal which should be easy.

danielberg

Neophyte
This is Microsofts E3 to lose and they know that, they will show off everything lol literally everything and i cannot wait.

Fuck I'm getting excited about this one. Haven't paid any attention to the others, like EA and Google, but especially EA because they tend to be absolute horseshit.

I want to see Microsoft sell me on the next generation, as I feel like they've done a lot of good to improve their reputation, while Sony has been fumbling with theirs. Just make a good console with good hardware, software and features, then bring on some varied and good games. That's literally what PS4 did to sell me on it. That and just what an amazing salesman Mark Cerny is. Also design like Xbox One X, because that one looks so much better than the Xbox One did, as it went totally simple, but sleek.
Phil Spencer has really turned Xbox around and I hope he has grabbed the right plan to bring it to the next generation.

Anyone VR owners thinking of running it in Bigscreen and watching it together?

Reactions: Isa

Stuart360

Fuck I'm getting excited about this one. Haven't paid any attention to the others, like EA and Google, but especially EA because they tend to be absolute horseshit.

I want to see Microsoft sell me on the next generation, as I feel like they've done a lot of good to improve their reputation, while Sony has been fumbling with theirs. Just make a good console with good hardware, software and features, then bring on some varied and good games. That's literally what PS4 did to sell me on it. That and just what an amazing salesman Mark Cerny is. Also design like Xbox One X, because that one looks so much better than the Xbox One did, as it went totally simple, but sleek.
Phil Spencer has really turned Xbox around and I hope he has grabbed the right plan to bring it to the next generation.

Anyone VR owners thinking of running it in Bigscreen and watching it together?
Dont get too excited, it will be next E3 when we really get a ton of next gen stuff. I doubt we will get much more this E3 than what we got with the 'Project Scorpio' reveal. Although Halo is rumoured to be being shown on a high end PC as an example of wht the next gen console can do, so who knows for sure.

Andyliini

They probably don't have much to excite me, but I'll watch it nevertheless. Hopefully they'll have something surprising, I'm not really into shooters, 3rd person action games, racing games or WRPG's.

joe_zazen

It could be there best conference of all time but I get the distinct feeling because Sony is a no show people are gonna remember it more for that instead of a great preso

I think people will remember both if MS begins a slow and steady rise with innovations, disruptions, and games; and if Sony begins a steady decline.

MS has laid some solid groundwork to expand their gaming reach way beyond consoles and to have a good and varied content pipeline. Sony has reduced their output, pushed VR (which sells less than the vita), and only engages fans in the most boring ways possible (youtube trailers and fucking print magazines).

If, in 2029, MS dominates premium gaming and Sony has been marginalized, e3 2019 will be remembered as the turning point. I hope I still care then, but geez modern gaming trends either bore the shit out of me (fortnite, destiny etc), or creep me the fuck out (tlou2 torture, next CoD with realistic 8 year olds stabbing soldiers to death with screw drivers).

joe_zazen

They probably don't have much to excite me, but I'll watch it nevertheless. Hopefully they'll have something surprising, I'm not really into shooters, 3rd person action games, racing games or WRPG's.

Have they bought any platformer or puzzle devs? Japanese gsme makers?

Gamernyc78

Banned

If it's mostly filled with third party games other consoles will get and low budget "look I have another game tht fill up a slot" than ppl will remember it as such. Optimistically I have a feeling it will be way better than that and show some good, new exclusives and let's not forget the new gen talk, who doesn't like next Gen talk? If they go in on that it'll be great.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I think people will remember both if MS begins a slow and steady rise with innovations, disruptions, and games; and if Sony begins a steady decline.

MS has laid some solid groundwork to expand their gaming reach way beyond consoles and to have a good and varied content pipeline. Sony has reduced their output, pushed VR (which sells less than the vita), and only engages fans in the most boring ways possible (youtube trailers and fucking print magazines).

If, in 2029, MS dominates premium gaming and Sony has been marginalized, e3 2019 will be remembered as the turning point. I hope I still care then, but geez modern gaming trends either bore the shit out of me (fortnite, destiny etc), or creep me the fuck out (tlou2 torture, next CoD with realistic 8 year olds stabbing soldiers to death with screw drivers).

Sony declining in software and even hardware isn't realistic and won't be happening. Playstation is basically the poster child of Sony Corp bringing in great profit and they will not let it falter. Only way Sony would decline is if they gave up the philosophy of investing in new ips, nurturing their current ones and stopped giving devs flexibility and why would they do that? It's the philosophy Microsoft is copying now and giving hope to gamers.

JimiNutz

Banned
Thinking it's vaporware. Well, no. I think it will be released. But it's only here to exist; not to be good.

I do understand why you think that based on some of the other recent MS projects but Battletoads should be relatively easy to turn into a fun budget priced game designed for Game Pass.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So hyped!

But honestly, this Game Pass Ultimate deal and upgrading 3 years of my XBLG sub to Game Pass and being able to play these games on my PC also is a good enough deal on it's own. Even if Microsoft announces nothing else, I'm happy.

Dramos

If Microsoft can deliver a single player console exclusive, I'll be extremely happy. Of course, super excited for Halo Infinite and the new Xbox!

Meowzers

When's Call uh Dooty gonna pop up?

Currently having a blast with MW remastered. It looks pretty great so just want to see how good the new one looks.

The campaign looks like it's very mature and not some bloke in a tin suit or something daft it all became with the futuristic crap that's been out a few years.

Shin

Banned
Ordered pizza and cola to be delivered 30 minutes prior to the start of the show.
Great that they might let games speak for themselves instead of talking too much.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m mostly watching this for interesting multiplatform games they might announce.

NahaNago

This should be the best E3 that Microsoft should have but we are getting ready to upgrade to new consoles for both systems so shouldn't next E3 be the one they aim to make the best since they will be doing their best to show what these new consoles can do. I still expect a very solid conference since Sony has bowed out this year( so stupid they could have easily made a large hour long state of play with the number of videos they have released since the first one). The only issue I see is the number of first party games from Microsoft will show being so many(a nice problem to have) that I feel the conference should be a lot longer.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Halo Infinite a 2020 launch title with the new system, per Sabi twitter leaks.

They surely gotta show some alpha gameplay, tho, since last time we only got a cg tease.

Top Bottom