• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Xbox E3 Fanfest - 2017

General #XboxFanFest tickets are GONE! Sold out (or whatever)!

There are still ways to get in..

#1. There is a Halo 5 tournament at a couple of Southern California Microsoft stores this weekend (Friday/Saturday). If you win, you're in (plus a friend I think). They also may be giving away passes as random raffle prizes at the same time.

#2. There is a Microsoft Rewards promo going on, where you can use Bingpoints or whatever to enter a drawing for an all expense paid trip for 2 (oooo!).

#3. CANADA (of all places) is having a #SuperCanadianXboxFan contest or something. Same as above, expenses paid trip to the Fanfest and E3.

#4. ??? I'm sure there will be more ways but we don't know yet. Follow #XboxFanFest on Twitter for more info.. and lots of people begging to get in.

That being said.. here is what #XboxFanFest attendees get to look forward to..

• Insider Access – Entry into the Xbox E3 2017 Briefing on Sunday, June 11th, at 2:00 p.m. PDT, in downtown Los Angeles.
• Epic Events – A first-of-its-kind Xbox community event Sunday evening.
• Exclusivity – "Early Access" to Xbox's hottest exclusives, Project Scorpio, and our biggest blockbuster games on Monday evening, June 12th.
• Meet Xbox – Meet and talk with some of gaming's top developers, leaders and influencers.
• Swag! – Custom backpacks filled with swag.
• E3 Expo Passes – Enjoy a complimentary 3-day Pass to the E3 Expo show floor. E3 begins on Tuesday, June 13th.
• And other huge surprises!

Should be interesting.. I have no idea what the Sunday evening thing will be? Guess I won't try and go to the Bethesda thing this year.

I suppose the Monday evening thing will be during the Playstation conference (LOL). Hands-on with Scorpio sounds like fun though.

Swag bag! I need a 4th Xbox backpack (three straps this time?!)!

---------------old info below---------------------

https://majornelson.com/2017/04/17/announcing-xbox-fanfest-e3-2017/

Finally! Some info..

Xbox E3 FanFest 2017 News

Here's how it'll work: 400 of the 500 tickets will be available first-come, first-serve starting this Wednesday, April 19. Tickets will be released in drops throughout the day, with the first drop starting at 6 AM PT. Stay glued to #XboxFanFest and @Xbox on Twitter for when those drops occur! Please note that you will need to have a credit card to hold the ticket. There is no charge to reserve a ticket but cancelation fees will apply. The remaining 100 tickets will be distributed through a variety of other promotions/giveaways. Follow #XboxFanFest on Twitter for when some of those promotions start. Be sure to hit the official Xbox FanFest: E3 2017 page for complete details and an FAQ.

We're also excited to share information on more of what you'll receive if you're one of those 500 lucky fans. As in previous years, you'll get entry into the Xbox E3 2017 Briefing on Sunday, June 11, at 2:00 PM PT, in downtown Los Angeles, as well as a custom-built backpack full of gaming swag. Attendees will also get ”Early Access" to Xbox's hottest exclusives, Project Scorpio, and our biggest blockbuster games at a private event on Monday evening, June 12th.

Xbox E3 FanFest 2017 Main Page

Would be fun to meet up with some fellow Gaffers if anyone else is planning to go.

UPDATE 2: We are happy to announce a new date and time for Xbox FanFest: E3 2017 ticket online registration.  To ensure all fans have enough time to plan for this moment, we're scheduling it next week on Wednesday, April 26th at 9am PT.  To streamline our approach after yesterday's error, all 400 tickets will be available, all at once, starting at 9am PT.  Tickets remain first-come, first-serve, one ticket per-person.  Additionally, all requirements (21+ years old, credit card required to hold) remain exactly the same.  Stay glued to @Xbox, @MajorNelson and #XboxFanFest on Twitter for when the link to the registration site becomes available on Wednesday, April 26th at 9am PT.  

UPDATE: Fan enthusiasm overwhelmed our Xbox FanFest: E3 2017 registration website today, and unfortunately resulted in an error – causing the system to accept more registrants than we had tickets for the event in total. We determined voiding this morning's registrations and starting over would help make things as fair as possible for all fans. So, if you were one of the fans who successfully registered this morning, you'll need to re-register, and Xbox is emailing something special to you for the inconvenience. Stay tuned for more. Keep an eye on my twitter account and Chris@XboxFanFest (@moneyrumble), and we'll tweet info on when we'll restart ticketing.

Definitely different than previous years.. but the long, overnight lines/raffle system were getting to be kind of ridiculous. I hope this ends up being 'more fair' in the long run.

I need a 4th Fanfest backpack!

6AM Wednesday is when the ticketing starts.. interesting it's free.. but you need to hold your place with a credit card, and if you back out/no show there is a cancellation fee. Wonder if that'll keep people who have no intention of going from signing up?

I would absolutely love to go to this! Living on the east coast sucks sometimes... Hoping some Gaffers can go to give impressions and show us the swag they hand out!

The tickets only being made available locally made this was a no-go for me on the East Coast of Canada. Now that that everything will be available online...here's hoping I can snag a ticket.

Lee

Nice. I'll try and get a ticket for sure but I usually miss out on things like this. Too slow on the draw.

The cancellation fee was smart to limit it to people who really want to go.

SpartanN92

Banned
I got an invite to xbox fan fest I think last year but was turned away at the door because the building was at capacity (according to the security guard :p)

Nori Chan

I'd love to attend, seeing as how I live so close, but I wouldn't have the faintest idea of when to start lining up and what time

Free. You pay travel and hotel. You need to reserve one with a CC though as there is a cancellation charge.

Nope.

Damn that sucks. Don't wanna go by myself if I snagged a ticket.
It would be nice to at least take my son. He would go gaga to see a Halo 6 trailer there. :(

I'd love to attend, seeing as how I live so close, but I wouldn't have the faintest idea of when to start lining up and what time

Wednesday on Twitter, no lining up.. so that's nice at least!

Damn that sucks. Don't wanna go by myself if I snagged a ticket.
It would be nice to at least take my son. He would go gaga to see a Halo 6 trailer there. :(

21+ age limit for the event though. Two years ago they had a game area with an open bar.. it was amazing. Last year was still 21+ but I didn't see any alcohol...

Lee

I've followed the FanFest stuff for a few years but never considered flying out and lining up. I'll definitely be trying to get a ticket on Wednesday and if I'm able to I'll figure out everything else from there. I know a lot of other folks will have the same idea so I don't expect to get a ticket but here's hoping.

jeffram

I'm surprised not to see pics of the halo finals yet.

But back on track, Microsoft is sure doing all they can to build goodwill in their brand.

21+ age limit for the event though. Two years ago they had a game area with an open bar.. it was amazing. Last year was still 21+ but I didn't see any alcohol...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. Still, a road trip with a couple buddies would have been really fun. I'm not driving down to LA from Vancouver by myself to attend E3 by myself. Things are a lot funner when they are shared.

I guess the cancellation fee is to guarantee butts in seats?

Probably a mix of that, and to make sure people don't sign up without any real intention of going. I'm sure there will still be jackholes who snatch up a free ticket and then don't show up. I wonder what the cancel fee will be?

Bsigg12

So.... What's the best web based Twitter client for always having updates instantly so I don't miss the unique links starting on Wednesday?

or maybe Albert could be amazing and throw a few invites our way

This makes me wonder how far along the console is from release, I feel it's near ready.

We know they received their first run of production pieces in January and are shipping completed dev kits so maybe an early fall launch could be in the cards.

I'm so going to try for this.

How exactly is it going to work? I'm still not certain where to go to get a ticket?

Wasn't the fan fest in L.A. at the Microsoft store last year?

It'll be the best week if I get this plus E3 I'll definitely be burnt out.

Bsigg12

I'm so going to try for this.

How exactly is it going to work? I'm still not certain where to go to get a ticket?

Wasn't the fan fest in L.A. at the Microsoft store last year?

It'll be the best week if I get this plus E3 I'll definitely be burnt out.

On Twitter. They'll be pushing a unique link at different times tomorrow to get in and claim a ticket.

Yeah they're trying online instead of of an overnight line.. since it was kind of a cluster last year.,

Objectively this should be more 'fair', though I wonder how many people will try and snag a ticket even if they know they probably wont go. I can't imagine 500 tickets will stick around for long. I think there was like 1000 people who showed up in line, in person, last year.

Bsigg12

Yeah they're trying online instead of of an overnight line.. since it was kind of a cluster last year.,

Objectively this should be more 'fair', though I wonder how many people will try and snag a ticket even if they know they probably wont go. I can't imagine 500 tickets will stick around for long. I think there was like 1000 people who showed up in line, in person, last year.

I kind of wish they would post how much the cancellation fee is so it would deter those who wouldn't actually go.

Lee

I kind of wish they would post how much the cancellation fee is so it would deter those who wouldn't actually go.

I'm sure it will be in bold on the ticket page, but at that point those people already have a spot in the queue. I get that they need to balance it between significant enough to deter folks who aren't serious or are just trying to sit on tickets to keep them from other people (a valid concern with some of the console warriors out there) while not insanely punishing for people who have valid cancellations between now and then. $100 would be fine, in my opinion.

Honestly I'm going to be there right at 6 tomorrow morning hitting F5, and then throughout the day if I miss that, and I still know my chances are astronomically low. Still fun to think about taking the trip, being a part of it for the first time, and meeting some new folks.

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

dr-evil-001.jpg

But yeah, it would be nice to have it spelled out ahead of time. Maybe I'll ask..

whoa, i'll be at e3... should i try for this?

Sure!
After I get my ticket, of course.

It's for Sunday/Monday events, so make sure you're in town during that time frame.

so what are the chance realistically of scoring a ticket? I imagine astronomically low. My friends and I are still gonna try. I just hate the fact that they don't tell how much the cancellation fee is.

Top Bottom