• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Xbox E3 Fanfest - 2017

so what are the chance realistically of scoring a ticket? I imagine astronomically low. My friends and I are still gonna try. I just hate the fact that they don't tell how much the cancellation fee is.

I asked, they said it will be clear on the site before you sign up (the $$$ amount). Hopefully its not too bad.. but who knows!

Lee

so what are the chance realistically of scoring a ticket? I imagine astronomically low. My friends and I are still gonna try. I just hate the fact that they don't tell how much the cancellation fee is.

There will be thousands of people refreshing the page for each drop. So assuming a few hundred will click it at the same instant you do, yeah, the odds are incredibly low.

StillEdge

Definitely different than previous years.. but the long, overnight lines/raffle system were getting to be kind of ridiculous. I hope this ends up being 'more fair' in the long run.

I need a 4th Fanfest backpack!

6AM Wednesday is when the ticketing starts.. interesting it's free.. but you need to hold your place with a credit card, and if you back out/no show there is a cancellation fee. Wonder if that'll keep people who have no intention of going from signing up?

First backpack is best backpack. Every year at E3 I see all these ugly green backpacks they just look like they get cheaper and worse.

Cloud7

Only 400 available on a first come, first serve basis? I'm going to try but my chances are really low in snagging one.

Ive tried and failed the last few fanfests :( Had big E3 plans with friends that fell through so this would be perfect!

Not to mention I live 15 min from the
Nokia
Microsoft Theater ;)

So how does this work? They put up random amounts of tickets at random times on twitter starting at 6am till they give out all 400? That doesnt make me feel so sure I can get in! :( lol

Also in desperate need of a backpack and is 70% of the reason I want this ticket lol

It's only 500 tickets. They could be early quasi beta testers.

I'm guessing the swag bag are coasters, a t-shirt and download codes for a free game or two.

Bsigg12

Ive tried and failed the last few fanfests :( Had big E3 plans with friends that fell through so this would be perfect!

Not to mention I live 15 min from the
Nokia
Microsoft Theater ;)

So how does this work? They put up random amounts of tickets at random times on twitter starting at 6am till they give out all 400? That doesnt make me feel so sure I can get in! :( lol

Also in desperate need of a backpack and is 70% of the reason I want this ticket lol

They are going to link multiple unique sites through the day starting at 6am PDT tomorrow. Each link will offer a set amount of tickets so saving the link won't help. It'll be tied to your Microsoft account as you have to have an active GamerTag in order to actually claim a ticket, gold is not required

They are going to link multiple unique sites through the day starting at 6am PDT tomorrow. Each link will offer a set amount of tickets so saving the link won't help. It'll be tied to your Microsoft account as you have to have an active GamerTag in order to actually claim a ticket, gold is not required

Ok that makes me less nervous about the whole thing :) heres to hoping!

Hip Hop

I wonder if it's required to go both days, Sunday and Monday.

I can make it Sunday but Monday would be a no go.

Lee

I wonder if it's required to go both days, Sunday and Monday.

I can make it Sunday but Monday would be a no go.

I'm sure it's not required, but do you really want to try and take a ticket from someone who could/would go to everything?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Got in.

If you're on the loading screen, click the "Returning user? Click here to sign in" button. You can "create a new record" and that got me past the loading screen.

Also, as far as what you have to attend, this is what it says on the confirmation:
You have until Sunday, June 4th, at 12:00pm PDT, to cancel your ticket with no penalty. If you cancel afterwards, or do not check-in on Sunday, June 11th, or attend any of the Xbox FanFest activities, you will be assessed a $150 penalty after FanFest.

We will require a valid, government-issued, picture ID (driver's license, passport), which matches the name on the registration, as part of the Xbox FanFest on-site check-in.

Persons under 21 years old will not be allowed to enter Xbox FanFest.
I read that as meaning you have to check in and at least go to one part of the thing but not necessarily all of it. Could be wrong.

I would absolutely love to go to this! Living on the east coast sucks sometimes... Hoping some Gaffers can go to give impressions and show us the swag they hand out!

I agree, we get pax and if you dont buy tickets second 1 your not going. I wish there was more east coast gaming stuff

Somnia

100 more tickets going up at 9AM PT as an fyi to everyone. I wish I could attend, but that's a no go this year, I hope this is a success and they do the online tickets next year also.

Got in.

If you're on the loading screen, click the "Returning user? Click here to sign in" button. You can "create a new record" and that got me past the loading screen.

Also, as far as what you have to attend, this is what it says on the confirmation:

I read that as meaning you have to check in and at least go to one part of the thing but not necessarily all of it. Could be wrong.

Thanks for the tip. I was afraid of pushing it in case I lost my spot. I'll try again @ 9

Cloud7

Wow, I was able to get one for me and went back in and got one for my girlfriend. Super excited and lucky. This E3 trip is going to be even more awesome now.

Also for those trying, definitely click that green "sign in" button that shows up on the right and then generate a new user through there. It'll get you through.

Got in! Haha.. that "returning user?" bar was not intuitive for saying that's the registration button.

Phew. Can breathe easy again!

Wow, I was able to get one for me and went back in and got one for my girlfriend. Super excited and lucky. This E3 trip is going to be even more awesome now.

Also for those trying, definitely click that green "sign in" button that shows up on the right and then generate a new user through there. It'll get you through.

Damn...I could've had one already. I had 2 chances to hit that return user.

Now the secrets out, it'll be harder come 9 am.

Durock

Got one! Would not have made it was it not for someone on Twitter saying you had to click the returning user link to get in. Two months to go!

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I hope they didn't mess up and overbook. I got my ticket 15 minutes after the link was active (like many here, thanks to a twitter tip to click the right button). I was just stupidly sitting around looking at the loading animation

I hope they didn't mess up and overbook. I got my ticket 15 minutes after the link was active (like many here, thanks to a twitter tip to click the right button). I was just stupidly sitting around looking at the loading animation

That it just messed up :'(

I clicked that link the second it went up. Orange bar would get to the end and stay loading. I didn't think once to click on return user sign in. Damn it.

Just got mine. At the top it says "Send email" so I don't know if it does automagically.

Ahhh that was stressful.. can't wait to get my 4th backpack! This one needs THREE STRAPS!

Im contacting support. My card info went through so I don't want to be charged $150 because there was an issue with the website or in my rush maybe I made a typo somewhere.

That it just messed up :'(

I clicked that link the second it went up. Orange bar would get to the end and stay loading. I didn't think once to click on return user sign in. Damn it.

Yeah until I saw the tip on Twitter I didn't want to try either. I'm guessing a lot of people 'missed' it that way.

Hopefully everyone else gets in at 9AM. The initial 100 lasted a long time.

My confirmation ID is also super high, so hopefully that's randomized.

Bsigg12

Yeah until I saw the tip on Twitter I didn't want to try either. I'm guessing a lot of people 'missed' it that way.

Hopefully everyone else gets in at 9AM. The initial 100 lasted a long time.

My confirmation ID is also super high, so hopefully that's randomized.

Mine seems kinda high too unless they have a specific convention.

Check your PMs.

poppedamolly

Neo Member
Congrats to those that got in the first wave. Me and my friend were able to get one. This will be our first time attending so we're pretty stoked.

For those that have gone to the previous fanfests, will they include access to E3 as well?

Congrats to those that got in the first wave. Me and my friend were able to get one. This will be our first time attending so we're pretty stoked.

For those that have gone to the previous fanfests, will they include access to E3 as well?

The last 3 years included E3 access, but they can't tell you that until you're there, for whatever reason.

With E3 tickets being on sale to the public this year, I'm not sure what they're going to do.. I already bought mine! But we'll see. It's been fun each year. 2nd year was my fav (OPEN BAR) but I had fun at all three.

poppedamolly

Neo Member
The last 3 years included E3 access, but they can't tell you that until you're there, for whatever reason.

With E3 tickets being on sale to the public this year, I'm not sure what they're going to do.. I already bought mine! But we'll see. It's been fun each year. 2nd year was my fav (OPEN BAR) but I had fun at all three.
Awesome. I have tickets already from the early bird sale but good to know for next year. I'm assuming you prefer this new online ticket distribution over camping out for hours during the previous years?

Nori Chan

Oh man, I just noticed the e3 tickets were only 150...I wish i would've known!

Awesome. I have tickets already from the early bird sale but good to know for next year. I'm assuming you prefer this new online ticket distribution over camping out for hours during the previous years?

I don't know, yes and no? It's definitely easier to make plans knowing you're going ahead of time. Before I had to take the days off work and just guess I'd get in.

At the same time, sitting in line overnight (and drinking..) with a bunch of uber Xbox fans was a lot of fun too. Made some cool friends.

Last year was kind of a shitshow with the raffle-lottery type entry, so I'm glad they switched it up. I think like 1000 people showed up for 500 tickets! The mall was sooooo crowded.

Lee

Got in as well. Also have a confirmation number between 1900 and 2000.

Hesitant to get excited. I have a sinking feeling there were technical issues and more people registered than were supposed to. I feel that between here and Twitter I've already seen more than 100 people saying they got in.

Pleased for the genuine fans who got in, I heard it's a decent time from a couple of pals who have been previously. Would still like them to do a PSX event, think it's a bit meh to keep fans waiting a whole year to hear about new stuff.

gamz

Got in as well. Also have a confirmation number between 1900 and 2000.

Hesitant to get excited. I have a sinking feeling there were technical issues and more people registered than were supposed to. I feel that between here and Twitter I've already seen more than 100 people saying they got in.

And reddit. This has got to be over booked.

Top Bottom