• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Xbox E3 Fanfest - 2017

link2021

Got in as well. Also have a confirmation number between 1900 and 2000.

Hesitant to get excited. I have a sinking feeling there were technical issues and more people registered than were supposed to. I feel that between here and Twitter I've already seen more than 100 people saying they got in.

man hype deflating now :( has anyone message xbox about this

Lee

I've seen a few people tweet @moneyrumble who is the guy in charge asking about it. I just shot him a tweet as well. Let's wait and see.

Lee

My confirmation ID is in the 1500s...

Yeah. 1900's here.

I was so excited too. Waited on the loading screen for 10 minutes before giving up and clicking the account button as a way to be more ready for the next one. Blown away when that took me to the full registration screen for the event.

Has to be a glitch though. So many people saying they got in. I haven't counted but there's just no way that with only 100 tickets seemingly everyone got in.

Hmmm. Wonder if they blew the whole 500 tickets out the gate?

While that would suck, would they take them back from people? I don't know which is a better answer.

Lee

Hmmm. Wonder if they blew the whole 500 tickets out the gate?

While that would suck, would they take them back from people? I don't know which is a better answer.

They need to act fast either way. I would like to keep trying if I don't actually have a ticket now, and I'm sure people would like to know if there are no more coming.

New systems have hiccups. It's not a huge deal but they need to be transparent if there are issues or an overbooking (insert United joke here).

There may well be a decent amount of crossover between Twitter, GAF, Reddit and the like. The landing page was supposed to inform you one way or the other if you got a ticket or not and hold it there for an indeterminate amount of time so, hopefully, those stuck at "loading" just were able to get the ticket currently held for them.

Lee

There may well be a decent amount of crossover between Twitter, GAF, Reddit and the like. The landing page was supposed to inform you one way or the other if you got a ticket or not and hold it there for an indeterminate amount of time so, hopefully, those stuck at "loading" just were able to get the ticket currently held for them.

You optimist.

poppedamolly

Neo Member
Those numbers are quite concerning. My confirmation number is in the late 1000s (1050-1099)

I clicked that green button as soon as I saw it though

Lee

Maybe it's 400 for the Microsoft conference on June 11th.
100 for the conference and E3 plus the swag bag.

The rest for just June 12th and E3?

Nah they were pretty clear it was 500 total for everything. 400 tickets were going out today in 4 drops of 100 each, with the other 100 going out later through giveaways and other promotions.

Not for folk who already said what range their confirmation number is in, but does anyone's # have a value other than '0' in the ones place?

Wedzi

Banned
How much bigger is this than last year? I saw some people speculating that with the decrease in booth size this year Fanfest might see a large increase?

Best of luck to anyone who got tickets but from the sounds of it I would not book the flights just yet, which really sucks as they prices go up certainly if international. Was thinking of going to this after KFL3 (Kinda funny Live 3) but was a bit too long between them really for the time off work.

Good luck everyone

Lee

if there was some kind of error i hope they go by how long you are with xbox live i'm on my 12 year

I hope they go by shortest gamertags.

(There is no way to make it fair for everyone. The best option would be invalidate any tickets after the first 100 and let us try again in the later batches.)

(There is no way to make it fair for everyone. The best option would be invalidate any tickets after the first 100 and let us try again in the later batches.)

Yeah, they said it'd be obvious once you clicked the link if you got in or not and it clearly was not. Not sure where the ball was dropped.

Did anyone get confirmation #'s under 1000?

They better clear this up before 9AM!

krae_man

I think you guys are over thinking the confirmation numbers. Were you expecting confirmation numbers of 001 through 100?

Lee

I think you guys are over thinking the confirmation numbers. Were you expecting confirmation numbers of 001 through 100?

I believe they are 1000 through 2000, but basically that's one hint. The other is the insane amount of people on Twitter replying to that @xbox tweet saying they got in, as well as most folks who tried in this thread getting in, same on Reddit, etc. There should be very few people from each 'group' getting in if it was truly capped at 100.

I hope I'm wrong, as my number is way up there. Waiting to hear.

Did you already receive confirmation via email? Or were just able to register?

I would guess those who receive email confirmation are winners. Unless more than 100 got it then I don't know.

Yeah, just seems random to assign confirmation ID's from the 1000's to the 1900's (that I know of).

And no word from them on Twitter either.. but they're still pushing the 9AM drop.. so.. maybe we're just uber vocal 100 people?

mocoworm

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/66a6la/just_got_my_ticket_to_xbox_fanfest_im_so_excited/

PRO TIP IF YOU'RE THINKING OF SIGNING UP:
When you navigate to to the xbox FanFest link, you might get stuck in a loading loop! I figured out that pressing this button and creating an account will allow you to sign up for the ticket! Good luck guys!

This is what you will receive if you are successful.

bZcskct.png

Lee

Did you already receive confirmation via email? Or were just able to register?

I would guess those who receive email confirmation are winners. Unless more than 100 got it then I don't know.

Yeah, I have the email confirmation.

And no word from them on Twitter either.. but they're still pushing the 9AM drop.. so.. maybe we're just uber vocal 100 people?

I counted 36 replies to that first tweet saying they got in. Add me, that's 37. Unless every one in this thread also posted on twitter, that's another 20 between GAFfers and their friends/so's. So that's 57 people between just those two places? I don't buy it.

Maybe due to the nature of the event and the link being twitter... I don't know. Just need some clarification so I book this flight!!!

Durock

I've been tempted to register again at 9 in case there really was a screw up at 6, but then I'm afraid it'll flag and mess it up altogether anyway lol Think I'll just take my chances and stick with my earlier registration.

link2021

my cousin gave me his info he at work so I'm going to TRY to get it for him i let ya know if the id number are just random again. i hope that case lol

I just wish someone would clarify.. Confirmation ID = GOOD TO GO!

I can't imagine they'd give out more in 5 minutes and then invalidate previous people.. but who knows..

Top Bottom