• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Xbox E3 Fanfest - 2017

It's a shame but not unexpected; I was pretty excited to see the confirmation email but it was apparent (especially with my order number) it wasn't going to happen one way or the other after catching up in this thread.

Maybe we'll all get a BC compatible Undertow as a consolation prize?

Lee

Would love to by a fly in the office of the event company today. Experient I think? Can't feel good to fuck up a job for Microsoft.

Would love to by a fly in the office of the event company today. Experient I think? Can't feel good to fuck up a job for Microsoft.

Yep.. I'm sure there were a lot of butts put to the fire today.

Will be curious to see if it uses the same system or something totally new when it relaunches.

It SUCKS for sure, but man, seeing some of the entitled man-babies on twitter is astounding. It's a free event.. shit happens. It sucks, we move on.

Everyone here handled it like a champ
your switching to ps4 notwithstanding :p

Correcto! #XboxFanFest awesome question. An entirely new registration process will have to be the way. I/we appreciate your patience

Lee

Everyone here handled it like a champ
your switching to ps4 notwithstanding :p

Moment of madness. I've stuck with Xbox through worse times than this. With that said, if they had cut it to 500 people out of today's registrants and left me without a second chance I would be a lot less chill about the whole thing. That and I was able to cancel my flight pretty easily.

Lots of lessons learned I guess.

Thinking about this latest tweet, it's not easy lining up registration service/process, testing them, etc. I think they're probably running out of time to start from scratch and I bet we get an announcement that they are just doing a lineup out in LA as in past years. I hope I'm wrong, as I'm not willing to fly out there just for a chance at getting in, but I feel like that's what will happen this year and they'll try to work out the online registration for next year without the time constraints.

Moment of madness. I've stuck with Xbox through worse times than this. With that said, if they had cut it to 500 people out of today's registrants and left me without a second chance I would be a lot less chill about the whole thing. That and I was able to cancel my flight pretty easily.

Lots of lessons learned I guess.

Ha! I know just giving you crap.. I was super excited when I got my confirmation this morning.. and then that was replaced with the dawning dread of something not being right. I hate how long it took until we knew something was wrong (9AM drawing not happening), and even longer to find out we did
n't
win.

Getting up at 5:30AM wasn't fun either.. but tis the breaks. Letting everyone have another shot at it really is the best possible way it could have ended (other than letting everyone, everywhere go, free Scorpio).

I'm not sure any of the registrations were not through the 'green bar link', so maybe none of it worked properly?

Thinking about this latest tweet, it's not easy lining up registration service/process, testing them, etc. I think they're probably running out of time to start from scratch and I bet we get an announcement that they are just doing a lineup out in LA as in past years. I hope I'm wrong, as I'm not willing to fly out there just for a chance at getting in, but I feel like that's what will happen this year and they'll try to work out the online registration for next year without the time constraints.

Could be.. the question that resulted in that answer was "will we have to do an entire new registration process or just sign in for those who received email confirmation" so he COULD mean that it's just not saving your prior info, so you'll need to enter it all again (assuming they're using the same system).

Gowans

Saw this on r/xboxone

UPDATE: Fan enthusiasm overwhelmed our Xbox FanFest: E3 2017 registration website today, and unfortunately resulted in an error – causing the system to accept more registrants than we had tickets for the event in total. We determined voiding this morning’s registrations and starting over would help make things as fair as possible for all fans. So, if you were one of the fans who successfully registered this morning, you’ll need to re-register, and Xbox is emailing something special to you for the inconvenience. Stay tuned for more. Keep an eye on my twitter account and Chris@XboxFanFest (@moneyrumble), and we’ll tweet info on when we’ll restart ticketing.

https://majornelson.com/2017/04/17/announcing-xbox-fanfest-e3-2017/

Man I thought it was too good to be true. I got in the first time, it's very unlikely I will win a second time. I just happened to be on the right site at the right time to get the ticket.

All of the hoops.

These kind?
images

Or these kind?
images

I'm guessing this kind:
103658983-RTR4467J.530x298.jpg

UPDATE: We are happy to announce a new date and time for Xbox FanFest: E3 2017 ticket online registration.  To ensure all fans have enough time to plan for this moment, we're scheduling it next week on Wednesday, April 26th at 9am PT.  To streamline our approach after yesterday's error, all 400 tickets will be available, all at once, starting at 9am PT.  Tickets remain first-come, first-serve, one ticket per-person.  Additionally, all requirements (21+ years old, credit card required to hold) remain exactly the same.  Stay glued to @Xbox, @MajorNelson and #XboxFanFest on Twitter for when the link to the registration site becomes available on Wednesday, April 26th at 9am PT.  

Updated.

More info at the link: https://majornelson.com/2017/04/17/announcing-xbox-fanfest-e3-2017/

poppedamolly

Neo Member
Just got a 3 month XBL Gold Subscription as compensation for cancelled tickets....

The code isn't even included in the email despite saying it would be

Just got a 3 month XBL Gold Subscription as compensation for cancelled tickets....

The code isn't even included in the email despite saying it would be

Man, at least give a full year. How much would that cost them ultimately, its not like its 20K people.... Just so half assed.

I mean, .. wow.. just wow.

I'm still of the opinion that they don't owe anyone anything for the mess up. It's a free event, and still going to be a free event.. and I appreciate the gesture (3 months, really? Okay.), but screwing up your apology email about the previous screw up? Ouch.

Lee

A three month code is about what I expected. Now if only they would actually send it...

Man, at least give a full year. How much would that cost them ultimately, its not like its 20K people.... Just so half assed.

I bet Xbox keeps at least $40 of each subscription sold, so $40 from 1,000 people who were pretty likely to keep their subscription active is still $40,000 in potential lost revenue. Hopefully they were able to figure out these three month codes in a way that doesn't take $10,000 out of the FanFest budget.

>C'mon man already some gaffers booked hotel and plane tickets, they surely had to pay some cancellation fees

I assume this is sarcasm as I think I'm the only one here who booked a flight, but no cancellation fees within 24 hours - so outside of the inconvenience, no issue there. Some folks on Twitter and Reddit who changed their flights or booked with budget airlines did get stuck with fees or bad flight times, however.

fbutron

I mean, .. wow.. just wow.

I'm still of the opinion that they don't owe anyone anything for the mess up. It's a free event, and still going to be a free event.. and I appreciate the gesture (3 months, really? Okay.), but screwing up your apology email about the previous screw up? Ouch.

>C'mon man already some gaffers booked hotel and plane tickets, they surely had to pay some cancellation fees

I would say if you booked something that you couldn't cancel less than 24 hours later without a fee, that may be on you.

If they waited until a week (or even month) before the event, then I could see the outrage, but this was pretty open and shut.

Ultimately I don't think it's Microsoft's responsibility to make things right, and I don't know HOW they would without opening up a whole other can of worms.

The missing code thing is not great timing though. They're using the same website on Wednesday again too.. oy.

Lee

Damnit. Getting excited again.

I'm ready to get off of this rollercoaster already. Good luck today everyone.

Top Bottom