• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Xbox E3 Fanfest - 2017

LastPadawan

Neo Member
After the Xbox Briefing on Sunday, we will take fans to a first-of-its-kind Community event with plenty of fun, food, beverages and activities. This will go from 4:00pm – 8:00pm PT. There will be plenty of surprises throughout the night!

On Monday, fans will have the whole day free until 7:30pm PT in the evening, when we will then ask you to arrive and lineup at a secret location for Early Access to our hottest games. Many more details on that while at FanFest.

Sounds like there will be some time conflicts for the Sunday event if you also intend to go to the Bethesda Press Conference. They close their gates at 8 PM. Would most likely need to leave the Fanfest event a little early to make it.

StillEdge

Sounds like there will be some time conflicts for the Sunday event if you also intend to go to the Bethesda Press Conference. They close their gates at 8 PM. Would most likely need to leave the Fanfest event a little early to make it.
Yeah I saw that. Depending on what's going down at it I might just skip it. Me and the girlfriend are getting into the Microsoft press conference but I don't want to just leave her alone after that haha so we will probably head towards Bethesda's thing right after.

Did they set up a ticket giveaway for Bethesda's presser this year? I don't remember seeing it. Or is it first come first serve?

The last couple of years had people leaving the fanfest events early without an issue. Last year was a Forza thing, which was neat, but we saw the whole museum in an hour and were ready to go back, so they got the buses to start shuttling people earlier than planned. We couldn't stay for the movie last year either, so we left.

Unless they're flying us out to a remote location or something, it shouldn't be too big of a deal to make it to the other conference. Could be a good thing to ask though if they're planning to provide transportation or not.

LastPadawan

Neo Member
Did they set up a ticket giveaway for Bethesda's presser this year? I don't remember seeing it. Or is it first come first serve?

Here you go: https://bethesda.net/en/article/6jC...n-us-in-bethesdaland-for-our-e3-2017-showcase

The last couple of years had people leaving the fanfest events early without an issue. Last year was a Forza thing, which was neat, but we saw the whole museum in an hour and were ready to go back, so they got the buses to start shuttling people earlier than planned. We couldn't stay for the movie last year either, so we left.

Unless they're flying us out to a remote location or something, it shouldn't be too big of a deal to make it to the other conference. Could be a good thing to ask though if they're planning to provide transportation or not.

I sent an email so I'll let you know what they reply with. Depending on what we're up to, I'll allot enough time to leave for the other event accordingly.

LastPadawan

Neo Member
They got back to me, message is as follows:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Fanfest: E3 2017. If you are attending the majority of the event on June 11th, you should not have an issue to leave a little early for your other conference.

Thank you.

Xbox Fanfest: E3 2017 Team

Well that's good. I registered for the Bethesda thing as well. Wonder if they'll be close to each other?

A little over a month to go.. the waiting is getting rough!

It would be nice if they let us into their E3 space off-hours to play the games without the lines, though I imagine it could be an issue with the other vendors. Last year, as the show room floor was closing, they were bringing in CART LOADS of alcohol and mixers.. so they were doing something after hours that us peons were not privy to..

StillEdge

Well that's good. I registered for the Bethesda thing as well. Wonder if they'll be close to each other?

A little over a month to go.. the waiting is getting rough!

It would be nice if they let us into their E3 space off-hours to play the games without the lines, though I imagine it could be an issue with the other vendors. Last year, as the show room floor was closing, they were bringing in CART LOADS of alcohol and mixers.. so they were doing something after hours that us peons were not privy to..

The location on the invite says Los Angeles Center Studios. I don't know if that is supposed to be a secret or what, but I imagine a bunch of fans will be able to get in or at least I hope so I want some friends to come in. That place is huge and it also makes me think they are actually doing a carnival/Bethesdaland because I've been to similar events at the place.

LOL I've been to those things they do it every year. The way they say it is they are the only ones "allowed" to host things after hours in the center. I don't know about that, but to be fair I've never been invited to anything else on the premise after hours. It's basically their E3 floor with no lines and all the the devs drunk. So the other year when they had that crazy Halo Hololens that took 8 hours in line to do I was able to walk right in so worth it. Waiting in an 8 hour line would have been worth it.

The location on the invite says Los Angeles Center Studios. I don't know if that is supposed to be a secret or what, but I imagine a bunch of fans will be able to get in or at least I hope so I want some friends to come in. That place is huge and it also makes me think they are actually doing a carnival/Bethesdaland because I've been to similar events at the place.

LOL I've been to those things they do it every year. The way they say it is they are the only ones "allowed" to host things after hours in the center. I don't know about that, but to be fair I've never been invited to anything else on the premise after hours. It's basically their E3 floor with no lines and all the the devs drunk. So the other year when they had that crazy Halo Hololens that took 8 hours in line to do I was able to walk right in so worth it. Waiting in an 8 hour line would have been worth it.

That's pretty cool.. far enough from the Galen to kinda be a pain, but not too bad. At least it's not in Santa Monica or something. We service a number of buildings around the Center Studios, wonder where they're going to have everyone park if not onsite?

That sounds awesome.. since they're (Microsoft) is in the other hall this year I wonder if they are planning anything different with their booth.

Chris Munson said on Twitter today that "Currently, all tix are sold out". Not sure if that means other promotions as well or just the same 400 given out. At some point they need to open up tickets from people who canceled or otherwise voided their tickets. Not sure if they'll do a local giveaway or what.. but I imagine it'll be too short notice for people outside of So Cal to make it?

Edit: https://twitter.com/moneyrumble/status/862389132961513472

Looks like those 100 tickets are now gone/claimed/allocated.

Last gasp/chance will be for last minute cancels I suppose.

Free E3 passes are going out this week to everyone who got into the Fan Fest, and everyone who "got in" on April 19th.

Guessing it'll be a code or something you can use on the E3 website to register.

Nice gesture for them to give out so many, I'm guessing it has to be at least a thousand passes.

Chris@XboxFanFest
Tweet

Edit: 05/24/17 - Got my E3 pass, it is a code, that is not apparently linked to your email or name.

Same. Any luck on the Bethesda event? Heard emails went out already on Twitter. Hoping for another wave of them tomorrow.

"Those that have been selected will receive a notification from bethesdashowcase@invite.eventfarm.com on or around May 25th."

No dice for Bethesda yet.. hopefully more invites go out. I found out my company is doing some work for the event..maybe I can sneak in..

I got the free code. Am I able to sell it? I already purchased a pass before I knew about the fanfest.

NO
*WINK*

Cloud7

Me and my girlfriend got our emails today. We're looking to sell these since we already have our own public passes from back when they were first on sale.

Lee

Yeah, not expecting to be able to sell mine easily. I posted in the B/S/T thread. Asking $200. It was super cool of Xbox to do this for folks and eases the pain of not going to FanFest but I can't get off the rest of the week to go to E3.

LastNac

Yeah, not expecting to be able to sell mine easily. I posted in the B/S/T thread. Asking $200. It was super cool of Xbox to do this for folks and eases the pain of not going to FanFest but I can't get off the rest of the week to go to E3.

Still got the pass?

Anybody get any new info about what's the plan for Sunday?

The "Know Before You Go" Email is going out now.

Has the plan for Sunday, still no real info on Monday.

10AM-12PM is breakfast and lunch, then we get shuttled to the briefing from 12pm-4pm, then back to the venue from 4PM-8PM.

Trying to decide if we should uber down there or park.

Still got the pass?

I've still got one if you're interested.

LastPadawan

Neo Member
It's going to be tough to go from the community event straight to the Bethesda conference. There's a half hour in between, hopefully it wouldn't be insanely difficult to get it all sorted out.

It's going to be tough to go from the community event straight to the Bethesda conference. There's a half hour in between, hopefully it wouldn't be insanely difficult to get it all sorted out.

They specifically said in the Xbox email "Be sure to stay for the entire evening." (Bold & Italics theirs).

They said it runs until 8PM. The Bethesda thing starts at 6:30PM I think.

I am sure you can leave to make the other one, but I'm not sure what you're going to miss if you leave early.

LastPadawan

Neo Member
They specifically said in the Xbox email "Be sure to stay for the entire evening." (Bold & Italics theirs).

They said it runs until 8PM. The Bethesda thing starts at 6:30PM I think.

I am sure you can leave to make the other one, but I'm not sure what you're going to miss if you leave early.

I am under the impression line queue is from 6-8 PM, with the the gates closing at 8:30 PM.

The Bethesdaland ticket says they "recommend arriving prior to 7:30 PM to experience all the event has to offer."

They normally split it into two lines, employee and non-employee, based on my experience last year.

I'm paying attention to that bolded "Be sure to stay for the entire evening"

What are we getting Microsoft. :D

money%20saving%20tips_zps9bich27d.jpg~c200

LastPadawan

Neo Member
I emailed Fanfest and they said, "If you are attending the majority of the event on June 11th, you should not have an issue to leave a little early for your other conference."

Thoughts?

I emailed Fanfest and they said, "If you are attending the majority of the event on June 11th, you should not have an issue to leave a little early for your other conference."

Thoughts?

They're more than happy to not give you Scorpio/Copious Piles of Cash/etc!

I imagine it should be OK.. probably have to wait and see how things unfold at the event though.

I remember.. 2 (?) years ago they gave out the swag bag/etc at the end of the event.

LastPadawan

Neo Member
They're more than happy to not give you Scorpio/Copious Piles of Cash/etc!

I imagine it should be OK.. probably have to wait and see how things unfold at the event though.

I remember.. 2 (?) years ago they gave out the swag bag/etc at the end of the event.

Thanks for that, that's good info.

Lee

Stoked for all you guys going this year. Keep us up to date!

Can't be bitter about the voided ticket after I sold that E3 pass. In a roundabout way I basically got a free Scorpio after all. Hope you all do as well!

Stoked for all you guys going this year. Keep us up to date!

Can't be bitter about the voided ticket after I sold that E3 pass. In a roundabout way I basically got a free Scorpio after all. Hope you all do as well!

Nice! That is a good way to think about it.. I bought the early bird E3 tickets ($150) so if I make anything more than that I'll be happy.

Finally got transportation arranged, gonna have a friend drop us off on Sunday morning and then just Uber home that night. 10AM-8PM is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong day of Xbox stuff.

I am really curious what they'll have us doing from 10AM-12PM off-site, and then from 12PM-2PM on-site before the briefing. I'm guessing Xbox pep talks, food, etc. Can't imagine them letting us get drunk before the briefing.. °_°

Really curious what the free swag stuff will be this year. First year it was a backpack with an xbox mug, bunch of t-shirts and E3. Then it was another backpack, E3 tickets, a bunch of random shirts and swag. Last year was more backpacks, E3, shirts, but they threw in Minecraft Windows 10 and the custom controller. I don't really see them giving out 500 Scorpio's this year.. but wouldn't that be nice. Maybe custom FanFest Xbox One Ss? Or maybe a new Elite controller if they come out with one.. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also they haven't given out much info about the Monday night event other than it's at 7:30PM and we'll find out on Sunday..

Also ALSO.. they said there is FREE parking for the Sunday thing. It's just a lot, but it's free.

I'm actually a USC Student so the Galen is like a block away, but where is the actual Fanfest going down?

I think it's at a venue nearby, I don't remember the exact name though. We have to get shuttled between them though so I don't think it's walking distance.

Lee

I am really curious what they'll have us doing from 10AM-12PM off-site, and then from 12PM-2PM on-site before the briefing. I'm guessing Xbox pep talks, food, etc. Can't imagine them letting us get drunk before the briefing.. °_°

Really curious what the free swag stuff will be this year. First year it was a backpack with an xbox mug, bunch of t-shirts and E3. Then it was another backpack, E3 tickets, a bunch of random shirts and swag. Last year was more backpacks, E3, shirts, but they threw in Minecraft Windows 10 and the custom controller. I don't really see them giving out 500 Scorpio's this year.. but wouldn't that be nice. Maybe custom FanFest Xbox One Ss? Or maybe a new Elite controller if they come out with one.. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Bring a flask.

And I have no idea what you'll get but I'm sure it will be good. Microsoft is clearly willing to spend money on its fans this year (as evidenced by the insane amount of E3 passes they gave out for the ticket mishap). There's been a lot of rumors about an Elite Controller revision based on sales and the relaxed warranty replacements so maybe one of those? Or at the very least a v1 elite controller if they are phasing them out. I don't know. Excited for you guys to tell me!

Incredibly excited to be leaving for my flight tomorrow morning for Fanfest/E3. If you see me Monday - wearing a Super Time Force shirt - be sure to say hi!

LastNac

Nice! That is a good way to think about it.. I bought the early bird E3 tickets ($150) so if I make anything more than that I'll be happy.

Finally got transportation arranged, gonna have a friend drop us off on Sunday morning and then just Uber home that night. 10AM-8PM is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong day of Xbox stuff.

Also they haven't given out much info about the Monday night event other than it's at 7:30PM and we'll find out on Sunday..

Also ALSO.. they said there is FREE parking for the Sunday thing. It's just a lot, but it's free.

I think it's at a venue nearby, I don't remember the exact name though. We have to get shuttled between them though so I don't think it's walking distance.

Is it in any of the emails?

Tonights Fan Fest details are out..

Arrive 7:30PM @ the Galen.

From 8PM-Midnight we get to play the new games, some on the Xbox One X.

Parking pass provided (sweet).

They said there will be "surprises" and you're free to leave at any time, but you need to be present to win.

Don't bring bags.

Yesterday all the fans got a bunch of swag (shirts, hats, pins, stickers, etc). A Sea of Thieves Alpha invite. A Fanfest Exclusive 2TB Seagate hard drive, and a Plantronics RIG600 headset. Pretty sweet.

Bsigg12

I kind of wish they would have set up an Xbox Lounge or something for today near the convention center. Having all day has kind of left me wandering around LA and it would have been nice to have somewhere to go hang out and play some games before the event tonight.

I kind of wish they would have set up an Xbox Lounge or something for today near the convention center. Having all day has kind of left me wandering around LA and it would have been nice to have somewhere to go hang out and play some games before the event tonight.

Yeah I was surprised there wasn't anything planned for the day. Maybe they figured people were attending the other conferences?

I just went to work, might as well get paid to watch everything!

Passes to the other briefings could have been cool too.

Gonna be a late one tonight.. I looked for your gamertag yesterday but didn't see you.. but there were a ton of people there. I got to sit in the white comfy seats for the briefing, 2nd row!

Top Bottom