• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Microsoft/Xbox in talk to bring back NBC's Heroes'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomper

Not sure if this should be in games or off-topic, but:
MSN, which is making a big push into original programming via Xbox, is in talks to revive NBC’s superhero drama Heroes, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Details remain sketchy, but sources confirm that MSN is interested in relaunching the once red-hot NBC Universal franchise with new stories and heroes, while mixing in cameos from the original series’ cast (schedules and interest permitting). The talks are said to be in the preliminary stages.
Source: http://tvline.com/2013/04/17/heroes-relaunch-msn-xbox/

...what? Of all the shows to possibly revive, they bring back Heroes? I kinda liked the first season, didn't care for any of the later ones, but either way: the show's been dead for three years, seems weird to bring it back now. It's not like there's thousands of people clamoring out there for the show to return, right?

JdFoX187

Banned
Fairly cheap to revive with an audience potential that certainly eclipses some of the other shows that people have clamored for on the Internet, such as Jericho. Much like Netflix talking about bringing back Terra Nova and just about every other recently canceled TV show, nothing will come of this.

Cipherr

They totally fail at this.

Netflix these guys are not.... Heroes is a fucking horrible choice. HORRIBLE. Arrested Development? Yes, Veronica Mars (for a movie)? Yes, Fucking Heroes?

NO!

Vestal

Gold Member
Not sure if this should be in games or off-topic, but:

Source: http://tvline.com/2013/04/17/heroes-relaunch-msn-xbox/

...what? Of all the shows to possibly revive, they bring back Heroes? I kinda liked the first season, didn't care for any of the later ones, but either way: the show's been dead for three years, seems weird to bring it back now. It's not like there's thousands of people clamoring out there for the show to return, right?

Its a new cast which the show desperately needed. If they keep the original unused formula of 1 season 1 cast it can work. Season 1 was awesome.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Heroes S1 was awesome (in a superficial kind of way). It aired while LOST was going through tons of issues when nothing would happen in episodes. Whereas Heroes had twists in every episode.

The rest of the show sucked. LOST ended up sucking too.

Network TV sucks.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Considering everyone who loved the first season of the show wants nothing to do with any of it after that this isn't exactly the best choice.

I would love to see heroes with all new heroes. It got so boring having the same characters, but season 1 was awesome up to the last episode.

DBT85

Bring back the Heroes that was on show for the first 98% of the first series and maybe.

The last episode of season 1 signalled the downward slope of the show for me. Should have been epic and pew and blat and kazaam, wasn't.

Hari Seldon

MS needs to buy the new hard R sci-fi show off of Starz. If you are going to be producing content over the internet, then you don't have to play by the rules of basic cable. HBO this shit up, don't bring back plebian network shows.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Heroes? Really? The quality of that show fell off a giant cliff.

Bring back something that was worthwhile, like Jericho or Invasion.

Rad-

The concept was amazing. I don't think I have ever been more hyped to a series pre-airing. But the execution was so lacking.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Heroes? Really? The quality of that show fell off a giant cliff.

Bring back something that was worthwhile, like Jericho or Invasion.

I'd rather Netflix do that, but any new Jericho would be most welcome

vgJames

Banned
I would love to see heroes with all new heroes. It got so boring having the same characters, but season 1 was awesome up to the last episode.

I hear that was the original premise, new cast every season but only having Suresh as a recurring element. However I think the initial plot got a bit 'too big' to the point where the characters were too important to leave behind and NBC wanted to keep the same cast. Not to mention the writers strike etc.

I've nearly finished rewatching Heroes season one. Watched it when it first aired and just started watching again last week after spotting it on Netflix. I hear the quality severely drops post season one though. And while the first season is entertaining enough it's hardly amazing television that I'd be in a rush to bring back.

Think a possible reboot with similar ideas would be the best approach. Or a Hiro/Ando buddy cop show.

Jhriad

MS needs to buy the new hard R sci-fi show off of Starz. If you are going to be producing content over the internet, then you don't have to play by the rules of basic cable. HBO this shit up, don't bring back plebian network shows.

First idea that has the possibility of sparking an interesting in buying the next Xbox for me personally.

tj hazuki

Am I the only one who liked Heroes? I thought it deserved a better ending, and the ending did left the door open.

Sylar was a badass character.

Are we gonna see this hero cameo again?

untitled57z7s.png

lol

Rad-

Am I the only one who liked Heroes? I thought it deserved a better ending, and the ending did left the door open.

Well I liked it too but Sylar was pretty much the only good thing it had going in the last seasons.

Volotaire

Woah WTF. I loved the first series, so I'm hoping this is a reboot. By the end of season 4 , there was just total disappointment.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

until he ended up switching sides every other episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom