• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's Game Showcase Solidified My XSX Pre-Order

tryDEATH

The GamePass offering and price along with the power performance package that you get for the price of the Series X is unmatched, no amount of memes or trolling can change that fact.

The Series X is going to be the best gaming offer out there for the foreseeable future and we still got more to see from a handful of 1st party studios. Xbox hasn't been this enticing since it was invented.

GHG

Gold Member
Good luck I guess.

If you want to positively reinforce what we've seen then go for it.

It's a shame some fans are not critical of them in the areas that matter most.

LokusAbriss

My preorder is in the air right now. I hoped for more interesting things. Forza might be a 2021 title or so. The titles that interest me were not really shown. I hope they will come up with more gameplay and information in the coming months. Otherwise I hold off on an XSX for a while or get my hands on a PS5 down the line.

Stalker 2 is a huge argument for it tho.

Last edited:
Gamepass is a must have.

Xsx not at all.

Pc ps5 combo is the way to go.

And call me crazy but i have a feeling gamepass will be on all plattforms which will for sure destroy psnow.

Gamepass just cant be beat.
Gamepass isnt some special tech. Just devaluing your games till you have enough monthly customers to become profitable. At that point you no longer have to convince a customer pay for your games. They’ll simply pay regardless of it‘s quality, length, or features. You’ll simply pay to have a pool of games available to you.

So I dont think Sony cares. PS Now is scalable and profitable today. when their games stop selling 10 million copies each. They can dump them into a pool for 10 bucks a month.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'll pick up Halo on PC.

If Xbox games weren't available on Steam then I'd by a XSX in a heartbeat, but as they're being released on Steam I'll just pick them up there.

MS are throwing all their eggs into the Gamepass basket. Hope it works out for them, but Gamepass isn't for everyone. People like me don't have the time to make Gamepass worth the monthly subscription. I just want to play the odd MS exclusive.

Kagey K

Banned
It solidified my Gamepass sub. Thousands of dollars of value there.

They need to win my Series X purchase next.

This may be true....but with GamePass, I play more than 5 games in 2 years.
(at $60 per game X 5 games = $300)

With GamePass, I play dozens of games in that timeframe. I also try out new games and genres I would never gamble my $60 on.

This. And the fact that absolutely no one pays $300 for 2 years of Game Pass.

tryDEATH

It solidified my Gamepass sub. Thousands of dollars of value there.

They need to win my Series X purchase next.

If you want to go down the technical side of justifying a Series X its rather simple too. You won't be able to build a PC capable of the performance of the Series X for the assumed $500 price point.

So you will be saving a ton of money on both GamePass and a PC that is comparable to the Series X. It is just a too good of an offer to pass on.

Honestly if I were in the position to already have a Xbox at home I'd stick to that and get the PS5.

I do however have a gaming PC where I'll be playing the game pass Xbox first party games with the PS5 and Switch by my side

Bo_Hazem

Banned
uuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

Topfuel

why buy xsx when you can play all the shit on xbox one you already own. Go for PS5 my friend <3

....or you could have bought 1 Tesla stock at 500 USD and sold it now for 1700 USD and had enough money to buy both the PS5 and the XSX.

Last edited:

DrDamn

• The Games: I don't care about the memes trolls are making, I can't wait to play an open-world Halo at 60fps. Everwild looks amazing. Forza is my favorite driving series after the last few years, and the stuff further out is exciting like Avowed and Fable. Also really interested in The Medium as that dual rendering idea looks to be an interesting use for the SSD to swap between the worlds instantly.

I liked the Halo reveal in terms of structure and gameplay - what first attracted me to the Halo series was the scale of the battlefields and the approaches this allowed for. The possibilities that Halo Infinite allows for in this regard are great.

The games I highlighted - Everwild, Forza, Avowed and Fable. They are all XSX only based on the latest videos, so all 2 years+ out as far as I understand. That was the problem for me. I was expecting at least Everwild and Forza soon. That said it at least seems like MS is giving their big first party devs time to fulfil their visions.

I'm wondering if a follow-up show will concentrate more on launch window titles and include stuff like Flight Sim / Gears Tactics and more? Otherwise what is coming post Halo in the next two years?

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
My plan was Series X day one and PS5 a few months later.

Now I'm PS5 day one and may never get an Series X. My One X will be more than sufficient as cross gen is clearly holding back new Xbox games anyway.

Microsoft really screwed the pooch.
I'm sure they thought the whole cross gen thing was going to be an ace up their sleeve but all it's done is handicap Series X.

Last edited by a moderator:

pawel86ck

Banned
Alanah Pearce is also talking about gamepass subscription. I have no doubts in my mind, many people will want to buy XSX/XSS just for gamepass.

Flintty

I think it was a good showing. I got the Halo gameplay I wanted to see and I got confirmation Fable is in the works.

Each to their own but I think Halo is looking good. I like the graphics style and it has the OG Halo aura about it. Big fan of the grapple hook. Open world Halo is an interesting experiment, looking forward to trying it.

Grounded looks like a laugh to play with my kids. I have a feeling Forza might be a GAAS with the numbering gone, but we’ll see. If it’s a game that grows over time instead of being replaced with a new one every other year it could work.

Gamepass keeps on winning and there are a lot of 3rd party games I’m interested in too. Medium looks superb. Plenty for me to be excited about.

Top Bottom