• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor PC Performance Thread

Thought I get the ball rolling on this a little earlier since this is going to be an interesting one.

I'll update as more information is available.

Minimum Requirements: (via Steam)

Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 | AMD Radeon HD 5850
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 | AMD Radeon HD 7950
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 40 GB available space

Graphic Options: (via Regret Truth)
ShadowOfMordor-2014-09-25-20-55-27-91.png

Other Info:
1. Steam pre-load size 33.9gb.
2. Ultra Texture pack requires 6gb of VRAM, assuming game is running on 1080p. Texture pack must be installed separately.
3. Steam unlock is set to 10am PDT / 12pm CST / 1pm EST 9/30/2014 (via games Steam page)
4. PC gameplay & Interview at Game24: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE65ZyJTTDI

teokrazia benchmark test GTX 970:
Sry for cross-posting.
Bench on my rig:
http://youtu.be/M9Cu9Wb-6l0

Mandatory:(Credit to DieH@rd)

Edit: I think just might unlock at 12am EST.

METweet_zpsb6824124.jpg

Nemesis me if someone beat me to it.

LTWheels

Is the ultra pack available in the download yet, or will it be a day 1 update?

It does say that without it installed, selecting Ultra is the same as High.

Wondering if I can Squeeze Ultra textures from my 3gb 780ti, i7, 16gb rig.

I hope I can, the game looks nice but nothing exceptional.

Corpekata

Banned
So no problems at all with the ultra textures on that 970? No stuttering? Also, could you check how much RAM it uses while playing?

Fairly certain ultra textures aren't out yet. He's on Ultra but the tooltip says no difference from High if they're not installed.

is it just me, or does 480p on youtube look like shit nowadays?
I don't think it's just you, myself and one other person have noticed int he past week or so that YT's compression seems to have gotten worse. It's especially noticeable at 1080p which used to be MOSTLY clear - there's now artifacts everywhere.

You're really asking that with the 6GB VRAM recommendation for 1080p?

It's probably a good game, but a decent port it is not. Not that that's necessarily a dealbreaker.

6GB of VRAM recommendation is for Ultra textures at 1080p... which is an additional texture pack. With High textures, it's 3GB.

R1CHO

60 unlocked on PS4.

Thanks.

Going to be an interesting week once the benchs from different versions start to appear.

I hope the pc veesion scales well in booth direction, as a 60 fps console game it should have room to run on modest gaming pcs.

nbthedude

You're really asking that with the 6GB VRAM recommendation for 1080p?

It's probably a good game, but a decent port it is not. Not that that's necessarily a dealbreaker.

Don't be gross. :p
Learn what you are talking about before you say stuff like this. As has already been discussed in the 6GB thread that is very possibly
with super sampling (aka 4k down sampling). It isn't plain old 1080p.

Drazgul

Learn what you are talking about before you say stuff like this. As has already been discussed in the 6GB thread that is very possibly
with super sampling (aka 4k down sampling). It isn't plain old 1080p.

But that would be... stupid. If you use supersampling, you can hardly call it 1080p anymore.

knitoe

GMG give me my key so I can preload. Can't wait to see how badly this will run on max@1440p on 5930K@4.2GHz and SLI Titans.

Top Bottom