• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War, Dead Rising 4, Undertale, Blazing Chrome and more coming to Gamepass

Honest question: Is it really that exciting when a game that's 2-3 years old pops up on Game Pass? I'm trying to understand the appeal.
There are many who don't buy games at full price at launch. They either wait for deep sale or play usingcGame pass.

I played Fallout 4 using game pass and didn't buy it at launch. Loved it so much that decided to support devs by Far harbour and Nuka world DLCs

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Shadow of War is a great game but it suffers from the "too much of a good thing" syndrome. Every area you go to has a new legion that you have to take over and it gets a bit tedious after a while. On a good note, the version you get now has the MT completely stripped out of it. I never had an issue with it and never spent any money but now apparently the legendary drops are higher.

Which reminds me that I bought the season's pass for this and I never checked out the second dlc. I was just way to burnt out on the game at the end there. The first dlc was pretty great.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
You not trying to understand the appeal. You just want to troll with some console warrior bullshit.

Looool fuck off. No. I don't. I have an Xbone X, a PS4 Pro, a Switch, a gaming PC -- whatever the fuck you want, I probably play it. I asked a genuine question. I couldn't give a shit less about the console warz.

RPS37

Looool fuck off. No. I don't. I have an Xbone X, a PS4 Pro, a Switch, a gaming PC -- whatever the fuck you want, I probably play it. I asked a genuine question. I couldn't give a shit less about the console warz.
Now you’re just bragging about being rich. Game pass ain’t for richies like you obviously.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I played some of My Time at Portia today. It was... okay? Kinda janky, but it seems like there is a lot of stuff to do in-game. I don't think it's really for me though.

Anyone else not able to update Windows 10 to 1903 in order to use PC Game Pass? The app doesn't work otherwise. Such BS, it takes hours, only to fail, and have me scouring Google to find complicated answers. I only wanted to play Undertale. Such BS. I'm probably gonna have to buy an external drive to save all my data, do a reformat, and then update. But there's a lot of good stuff on that there PC Game Pass. Such complicated BS.

Last edited:

nikolino840

Anyone else not able to update Windows 10 to 1903 in order to use PC Game Pass? The app doesn't work otherwise. Such BS, it takes hours, only to fail, and have me scouring Google to find complicated answers. I only wanted to play Undertale. Such BS. I'm probably gonna have to buy an external drive to save all my data, do a reformat, and then update. But there's a lot of good stuff on that there PC Game Pass. Such complicated BS.
Never had any issue...but yeah was a long update with many PC restart

Kagey K

Banned
Boy, its going to be a crowded forum with a new thread everything time a game goes rental.
I imagine you are going to be in for a rough ride, if you get upset about every game being released on Gamepass.

Thankfully there is an ignore thread function available to you, if it really offends you.

You don’t even have to comment before you ignore it.

Justin9mm

Honest question: Is it really that exciting when a game that's 2-3 years old pops up on Game Pass? I'm trying to understand the appeal.
I sort of think the same but I think the thinking is the more variety the better, some people may get excited if they haven't played it yet and never got around to buying it but now they can try it. I do sometimes get excited seeing something I haven;t played and wanted to as I don't get much time to play these days, I'm 35+ years old and have so much else going on. I love GamePass though for what it is!

plushyp

I paid for a month and the amount got debited from my credit card but the games service isn't showing up on my account. Same story on the app as well. In transaction history also there is nothing showing about the payment but I can see the charge on my CC statement. :messenger_pensive:

klosos

Ok you shoudld all Play Unavowed its a top notch Point and Click adventure game , to me its up there with the Lucas Arts games from the 90's.

everything else is kinda muh to be honest

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
I thought when you said "dropped" you meant it was there but left the service. That does happen.

How and why did "dropped" seemingly replace "released"? Stupid bloody word.

although I have been wanting to play Lego City Undercover.

Same here 👍

meirl

Banned
Well, that's kind of the point. This is an industry that's so laser-focused on the latest and greatest that it's kinda interesting to see people excited about older stuff, too.

Edit: nvm, I'll be civil.

Uuh? What the fuck are you blabbering about? Seriously.
This has never been true. At all. Only because a game is new, doesn’t mean that is good or well received.

Also, just look at all the BC Support and How People are happy that there is BC Support.

M.W.

I think I bought that middle earth game when it came out and didn't care for it. Might give it another go.

pr0cs

I think I bought that middle earth game when it came out and didn't care for it. Might give it another go.
I enjoyed it, once you unlock a few key abilities it really shines and the nemesis mechanic is pretty cool if you put in the effort to undermine bosses with minions

The game wears out its welcome and is a bit too long but I enjoyed finishing it. I love sandbox games though so I'm the target audience

M.W.

I enjoyed it, once you unlock a few key abilities it really shines and the nemesis mechanic is pretty cool if you put in the effort to undermine bosses with minions

The game wears out its welcome and is a bit too long but I enjoyed finishing it. I love sandbox games though so I'm the target audience

Yeah, I don't think I gave it much of a chance. I generally like the sandbox style so I'll definitely try it again.

DanielsM

Banned
Can't tell if your hating or congratulating?
Neither. Obvious observation. If we had a thread about every game added, deleted, etc. to Game Pass, PS Now, EA Access, Origin Access, Redbox, GameFly, etc. there would be literally no way of navigating the forum. Probably a master rental service thread would do wonders. (the whole thing is very strange)

Neither. Obvious observation. If we had a thread about every game added, deleted, etc. to Game Pass, PS Now, EA Access, Origin Access, Redbox, GameFly, etc. there would be literally no way of navigating the forum. Probably a master rental service thread would do wonders. (the whole thing is very strange)
If there's no rule against such posts why comment. Let people post what they wanna post as long as it's following the rules. There are people that don't mind this kinda update.

Aintitcool

Banned
I'm looking forward to the GDC talk where we get to learn about what these subscription services are doing to the industry from the devs perspective. As far as I know from PS+, I have to assume devs get paid per download, but since this is subscription gaming, I have to guess only after a certain number of user hours with your game? Such a strange metric, you get your game on gamepass to gain more revenue, but then you are at the mercy of gamepass users downloading and playing your games continually, as well as that the gamepass service grows. But once you are on the game pass list, the online retail value of your game goes down hard. Great place for bombas for sure, but for single player games with lots of dev time put into them ? I feel those devs hate this stuff.

DanielsM

Banned
If there's no rule against such posts why comment. Let people post what they wanna post as long as it's following the rules. There are people that don't mind this kinda update.
If there's no rule against my post why comment? Let people post what they wanna post as long as its following the rules. There are people that don't mind people posting obvious observations. (Can't wait to see daily post of GameFly additions)

pot-and-kettle.jpg

Last edited:
If there's no rule against my post why comment? Let people post what they wanna post as long as its following the rules. There are people that don't mind people posting obvious observations. (Can't wait to see daily post of GameFly additions)

pot-and-kettle.jpg
Youre obviously trying to get into a thread loop which I have no interest in taking part. Keep the gamepass updates coming people.

DanielsM

Banned
Youre obviously trying to get into a thread loop which I have no interest in taking part. Keep the gamepass updates coming people.

You're mad bro, my post was right on the mark, truth hurts. (what is happening is really just spam)

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
Hey My life is too good to be mad at someone who has 254783464 posts lol.

Yes, you are... which is why you responded. I'll give it a rest but you keep pinging me. What all these threads are, is spam, I never hinted or even implied people couldn't give updates. You're now trying to setup a strawman.

Last edited:
Yes, you are... which is why you responded. I'll give it a rest but you keep pinging me. What all these threads are, is spam, I never hinted or even implied people couldn't give updates. You're now trying to setup a strawman.
Ok you win. Keep the gamepass posts coming people some of us do appreciate it.

TwiztidElf

It’s not and you should feel dumb for saying it.
Troll again, elsewhere.
Don't feel dumb. Not trolling. That is my belief.
I've played Dead Rising 1 a stack of times, DR2 and 3 a few times through each.
4 was disappointing.

Playing Days Gone gave me many similar experiences to playing classic Dead Rising.
Sure DG doesn't have the finely tuned, balanced structure, claustrophobia or the psychopaths of DR, but a lot of the other aspects, such as the hordes of zombies, the crafting and the slightly campy story were all there.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Don't feel dumb. Not trolling. That is my belief.
I've played Dead Rising 1 a stack of times, DR2 and 3 a few times through each.
4 was disappointing.

Playing Days Gone gave me many similar experiences to playing classic Dead Rising.
Sure DG doesn't have the finely tuned, balanced structure, claustrophobia or the psychopaths of DR, but a lot of the other aspects, such as the hordes of zombies, the crafting and the slightly campy story were all there.
Days Gone is nothing like Dead Rising. Just having bunch of Zombies on screen doesn’t make it they are similar. I said many times, the original DR might have western setting but it’s very Japanese games, both in terms how it tells its story to its gameplay mechanics. My biggest problem with later games is they just add bunch of useless things while taking out interesting mechanics that made original game unique and fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom