• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth Shadow of War Season Pass Details, Two New Story DLC

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Got this from the press release which was sent just now.

Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
  • The gruesome Slaughter tribe invades Mordor introducing new missions, Epic and Legendary Orcs, tribal showdowns and fierce battles, brought to life through the Nemesis System.
  • New Slaughter tribe fortress with Overlord throne room, monuments and outposts.
  • Players can hunt down Legendary Slaughter tribe Orcs for a new Legendary gear set with additional upgrade challenges.
  • Slaughter Orcs are the most bloodthirsty in Mordor, capable of ambushing players at any point, creating a deadly new challenge for players.
  • Available November 2017.

Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
  • The proud Outlaw tribe arise within Mordor introducing new missions, Epic and Legendary Orcs, tribal showdowns and intense battles, brought to life through the Nemesis System.
  • New Outlaw tribe fortress with Overlord throne room, monuments and outposts.
  • Players can hunt down Legendary Outlaw tribe Orcs for a new Legendary gear set with additional upgrade challenges.
  • The Outlaw tribe is home to the most rebellious warriors in Orc society, outcasts who have a deep contempt of all those who would rule them, be they foreign invaders or Lords of Mordor (whether Dark or Bright).
  • Available December 2017.

Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
  • Play as Eltariel, an elite assassin known as the Blade of Galadriel, and go head-to-head with the newest addition to the ranks of the Nazgûl.
  • Wield Eltariel's dual Elven blades and harness the Light of Galadriel with a host of deadly new combat abilities, skills and gear.
  • Encounter memorable new Nemesis characters, such as Flint and Tinder and the Slayer of the Dead, while battling the Nazgûl and learning more mysteries of their past.
  • Gain eight unique Legendary Orcs who can return to join your forces in the main story campaign with new abilities added to the Nemesis System.
  • Unlockable Eltariel character skin for the main story campaign.
  • Available February 2018.

Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
  • Play as Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil and survivor of the city's demise, in a new story expansion where players will command the forces of Man against a new Orc threat to the East.
  • Unite with Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter, to craft powerful new combat gear, including the shield, gauntlet, chain and glider.
  • Hire mercenaries to create a human army and conquer the all new desert region of Lithlad.
  • Fight to survive in Mordor as a human without the power of a Ring or a wraith to cheat death in a new rogue-like campaign mode.
  • Unlockable Baranor character skin for the main story campaign.
  • Available May 2018.

EDIT: Added price.
The Expansion Pass is available for $39.99, or included as part of the Middle-earth: Shadow of War Gold Edition for $99.99. The Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion, Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion and Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion can each be purchased à la carte for $14.99. The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion can be purchased à la carte for $19.99. In addition, periodic free content updates will be available to all players.

HariKari

That's a pretty healthy lineup.

Happy to see Eltariel get some love as she is probably the most interesting character in the game. Probably should have been the protagonist over Talion.

bugulu

Thanks for this.

Looking forward playing as Eltariel or Baranor, as they were far more interesting characters than Talion.

I don't care much for the new tribes but both expansions sound very promising. I'll definitely be looking forward to them. This game was so good I'll likely buy that season pass.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Gonna wait till the eventual GoTY edition for this. Really don't feel the need to be spending money on this knowing all the things we know about the late-game stuff.

Lucifon

Story DLC's sound pretty cool that they're different characters and allowing you to bring those characters into the main game.

HariKari

Story DLC's sound pretty cool that they're different characters and allowing you to bring those characters into the main game.

I think they note them as skins only. The main game is balanced/written around Talion's skillset. Unless they have some sort of sandbox mode in mind where it'd be possible to bring new powers in.

smurfx

get some go again
That's a pretty healthy lineup.

Happy to see Eltariel get some love as she is probably the most interesting character in the game. Probably should have been the protagonist over Talion.
yeah i loved her design as soon as i saw it.

J_Viper

Mordor had some of the worst single player DLC I've ever had the experience of playing through

This sounds interesting, but I have very little hope.

Playing as Baranor and Eltariel should be interesting, especially since Talion is such a dope of a character

mazillion

Where does it say that Eltariel and Baranor will be anything more than skins for the main story campaign?

Parts in bold:

Got this from the press release which was sent just now.

Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
  • Play as Eltariel, an elite assassin known as the Blade of Galadriel, and go head-to-head with the newest addition to the ranks of the Nazgûl.
  • Wield Eltariel’s dual Elven blades and harness the Light of Galadriel with a host of deadly new combat abilities, skills and gear.
  • Encounter memorable new Nemesis characters, such as Flint and Tinder and the Slayer of the Dead, while battling the Nazgûl and learning more mysteries of their past.
  • Gain eight unique Legendary Orcs who can return to join your forces in the main story campaign with new abilities added to the Nemesis System.
  • Unlockable Eltariel character skin for the main story campaign.
  • Available February 2018.

Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
  • Play as Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil and survivor of the city’s demise, in a new story expansion where players will command the forces of Man against a new Orc threat to the East.
  • Unite with Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter, to craft powerful new combat gear, including the shield, gauntlet, chain and glider.
  • Hire mercenaries to create a human army and conquer the all new desert region of Lithlad.
  • Fight to survive in Mordor as a human without the power of a Ring or a wraith to cheat death in a new rogue-like campaign mode.
  • Unlockable Baranor character skin for the main story campaign.
  • Available May 2018.

HariKari

Parts in bold:

Those are under their respective DLC entries. You'll play as Eltariel in her chapter, Baranor in his. It doesn't say the rogue mode is Baranor, only just a human, so it's not a safe assumption that he's in that. Neither mentions the main story campaign. They're called skins for a reason. The gating and writing in the main campaign is built around Talion's missions. I'd love to be wrong, for the record.

Mordor had some of the worst single player DLC I've ever had the experience of playing through

This sounds interesting, but I have very little hope.

Playing as Baranor and Eltariel should be interesting, especially since Talion is such a dope of a character

& eltariel isn't? in all her sections, she's completely useless to me :) ...

mazillion

Those are under their respective DLC entries. You'll play as Eltariel in her chapter, Baranor in his. It doesn't say the rogue mode is Baranor, only just a human, so it's not a safe assumption that he's in that. Neither mentions the main story campaign. They're called skins for a reason. The gating and writing in the main campaign is built around Talion's missions. I'd love to be wrong, for the record.

Oh yeah well I don't expect it to let you play as the other characters for the main missions, but I don't see why would wouldn't still be able to run around the open worlds of the main game? (with their abilities or lack thereof)

I think you're right about Baranor though, I was thinking they we're saying "human" to emphasize how Baranor doesn't have powers. The rouge-like thing could just have you play as a random solider that plays like how Baranor does instead.

I guess it will make a fine GOTY package when sold for 14$ in a year and half or so ;)

(although I've read that DLCs for the first game ended up being really bad)

HariKari

So full priced, loot boxes, and $40 dlc? :/

For what it's worth, I have felt zero need to buy the boxes. I've lost legendary orcs in the fighting pits to regulars too, it seems almost random. So it's generally not worth the trouble. Plus any gear you get is roughly your level, so there's really no point.

It's basically there for whales.

Raide

Like the sounds of the game, especially for One X gameplay but I will probably pick it up later when these content updates are done.

Top Bottom