• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle schoolers chant ‘build that wall’ during lunch in aftermath of Trump win

Status
Not open for further replies.
November 9, 2016. The day Gabe's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory outgrew the bounds of the internet and took over the USA. The "anonymity" clause has been struck down. Hail emperor Trump, the Immortal, hallowed be thy yellow mane, yea verily.

penny_arcade_shitcock.jpg

Made this (shitty) edit a few months ago. Still feel it's the more correct version of this.

Vux7xVh.jpg

Tall4Life

I don't know, a small group of idiots can easily start a chant of something like that, especially in middle school.

Besides, many more high school students have been walking out in protest. The youth isn't lost.

web01

They are just kids, being stupid.
And building a wall to keep out illegal immigrants is not racist, no matter how much you wish it to be. A wire fence and wall already exists for good reason.

norm9

I don't know, a small group of idiots can easily start a chant of something like that, especially in middle school.

Besides, many more high school students have been walking out in protest. The youth isn't lost.

Agreeed. It's cool to be an asshole in middle school. In high school, they start growing up. Not all, but a lot of em.

mango drank

And building a wall to keep out illegal immigrants is not racist, no matter how much you wish it to be. A wire fence and wall already exists for good reason.

Why are they chanting about the wall? Why aren't they chanting about health savings accounts?

Don't worry. We'll continue to hear this on GAF. I'm sure they're ones doing all the hate crime from that other thread too.

I saw that map that millennials all voted for Hillary, so it's all good. People never change from who they were in their youth.

AESplusF

My mother is Peruvian but she happens to have lighter skin than her siblings and my father is white, I might look a bit mixed but it's not very obvious that I'm Hispanic. I also happened to grow up in Palm Beach County, Florida where 1/5 of the population is Hispanic, and where liberals are in the majority albeit by a slim margin. With that said, being racist was not socially acceptable where I grew up. My aunt and uncle live in the middle of nowhere in Northern Florida where it's not so liberal. My aunt on my mother's side is Peruvian of course and my uncle is Puerto Rican; my cousins, who I love to death, have had it harder than I have. Anyway I just got off the phone with my mom and it turns out that one of my younger cousins is now being teased in school (middle school), with other kids asking when he's going to be deported or telling him to go back to his country. It makes my fucking blood boil. I don't blame the kids of course, I'd blame their parents but they were kids once, and their parents were likely racist too. Time heals all wounds I suppose.

BubbaMc

I'm from Australia so I might be missing something, however what is the problem with enforcing border protection?

People will still be able to pass through, legally.

Why is this such a problem?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I know where the fuck to make a quick stop tomorrow.

Might have to drag a few parents. Get this shit out of my state.

That there are kids there that have the audacity to pull a stunt like this makes me concerned for the others. They should be expelled.

I'm from Australia so I might be missing something, however what is the problem with enforcing border protection?

"Build that wall" is a way to say "you're not welcome here, minorities!"

A physical wall would have no effect on law enforcement but just sends a message that America needs to be protected from the scary brown people.

Tall4Life

Next few generations are fucked :(

These people are not everyone. A far, far larger portion of high schoolers have been walking out of their schools. Fucking high schoolers, and most of them can't even vote!

Millenials are still pretty strongly socially liberal. Don't know about economics.

AESplusF

There isn't any problem with it, Trump has talked about deportation and building a wall in order to appeal to the most socially conservative demographic, I don't personally believe Trump is going to do anything drastic about border control, but some of his supporters are just genuinely racist and don't want foreigners in their towns or neighborhoods, and his victory has given them a high where they think they can get away with acting upon that racism.

Next few generations are fucked :(
Hyperbole.

Alucrid

Banned

because a 2000 mile wall is such a colossally stupid idea that it could only serve as bait to people who hate mexicans and undocumented immigrants

That there are kids there that have the audacity to pull a stunt like this makes me concerned for the others. They should be expelled.

Oh my, the audacity for a small group of 11-13 year olds to chant this childish thing for a minute or two during their lunch period one day! Yes, let's have their heads.

I will assume you were never a middle schooler yourself; 7th graders can be dipshits. I should know...I lived it, man.

Oh my, the audacity for a small group of 11-13 year olds to chant this childish thing for a minute or two during their lunch period one day! Yes, let's have their heads.

I will assume you were never a middle schooler yourself; 7th graders can be dipshits. I should know...I lived it, man.

Pros: The children did not chant "Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!"

Cons: The children were chanting "immigrants get out."

stuminus3

ISIS teaches their children to execute people and we are worried about kids chanting...

#1stWorldProblems
Well yes, because we're not teaching our children to execute people. Not sure what your point is supposed to be? It's OK to be a shithead because at least we're not super saiyan shitheads?

As I said last night I live in Royal Oak so these are going to be the little pricks I see when I'm at Somerset Collection. Great.

At least when I have kids they won't have to go there.

Holy shit, another GAFfer in my city??

Yeah, this is disgusting and I'm shocked it happened here. This is a decent sized city with people of all walks of life in it. Middle class, white and blue collar.

Hopefully it's just kids being dumb and not a sign of some undercurrent of racism here.

99Luffy

Banned

How can they be though. 'But we're just chanting our Presidents motto. You dont agree with our President?'

And some people still don't yet understand the consequences of rationalising/normalising/supporting in any way the inciting of hatred and why people rejected it so rigidly.

Michelle already told you people the kids are watching what we are doing, what we are saying and who we are legitimizing.

watershed

Banned
Sad reflection on education and parenting. What the fuck do middle schoolers in Michigan know about our southern border? What their parents tell them, maybe what their bigoted teachers tell them.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Kids will be kids amirite?

Please shut down.

I have worked in and out of Royal Oak for years and this is not typical or acceptable by the greater population. No doubt these families are afraid. If the kids say it, the parents are feeding it to them, thus, they should be removed.

Kids make bomb threats or pull the fire alarm and get expelled but chanting for immigrants to be removed (because that's what it means and middle school is old enough to know. I have worked in elementary schools and they understand implications) should be no big deal? Wrong.

Fwiw; in Elementary school through Middle, two of my best friends were from Mexico and Venezuela. I wouldn't dare be so cruel.

Window

As someone from Australia, let's not even get started on the subject of border protection.

lacinius

School personnel in the cafeteria responded when this occurred.

How exactly did they respond to this display? Did they cancel the rest of the classes for the day so that they could have an in-depth discussion about what that chant means, what exactly they are saying, perhaps even put it into some sort of historical context, and then finish out this important lesson by having the students write a five page essay on what they may or may not have learned from this incident... or did the school personnel just "shush" them, sweep it under the rug, and say it's time for you to get to class?

I don't see what the big deal is. Plenty of places have walls or barbed wire fences to keep unauthorized people out. Walk your ass INTO Mexico illegally and see how you are treated by the Mexican government. You shouldn't be able to just walk into our country. It is not legal, nor should it be. Can't even get into Canada if you have a DUI.

Toxi

Banned
I don't see what the big deal is. Plenty of places have walls or barbed wire fences to keep unauthorized people out. Walk your ass INTO Mexico illegally and see how you are treated by the Mexican government. You shouldn't be able to just walk into our country. It is not legal, nor should it be. Can't even get into Canada if you have a DUI.
Why do you think people in Michigan, with a 5% Latino population and a border shared with fucking Canada, are rooting for the incredible expense of a wall along the Mexican border?

Mine01

I think there is already a huge wall?

As a mexican the wall just sounds like propaganda from Trump.... Again, there is already a wall.

watershed

Banned

"Just kids being stupid" is still rooted in different politics and ideas. These are stupid kids repeating a racist chant. If they were chanting "grab 'em by the pussy" they'd be kids being stupid and repeating a sexist chant.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Enh. When I was in middle school, OJ Simpson was declared not guilty and we all shouted "the Juice is Loose!" We didn't have any actual dog in that fight but big historical events trickle down to kids and they just have fun with it.

I've been ironically chanting "build the wall" for a couple days too. Mockingly, because it's hilariously jingoistic. But maybe that's the same fun a lot of kids are having....

Why do you think people in Michigan, with a 5% Latino population, are rooting for the impossible expense of a wall along the Mexican border?

Maybe because they don't want people coming into the country illegally. Why do both Mexico and Canada have and enforce their immigration laws which are designed to keep out people who don't meet certain standards, and while we have similar laws they aren't enforced. Why not?

AmyS

I'm old enough that when I was between elementary school and high school, there was only junior high, which was 7th & 8th grades. Here in the U.S.
There was no such thing as middle school then, so what middle school is, is pretty confusing to me.

Mine01

With machine guns, spotlights, and landmines?
I think it does have machine guns and spotlights, I dont think so for landmines tough.

For all The stupid things trump says, as a mexican, the wall is the most silly.

I dont know why americans make a huge deal about it, but well what do I know, I have a visa *shrug*

Fake edit

Altough I think the wall is more of a symbol that he hates us than anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom