• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles - 4 new screens

78149469520071127130620.jpg

119962747320071127130620.jpg

135666762120071127130621.jpg

197230949420071127130622.jpg

Rock* said it will be the best episode in the saga....should we believe their words? ;-)

Obaid

Banned
well the graphics sux ( i am sorry but i have been playing the GT demo to death ). The game was always a allright game and i think this one will be allright as well.

This looks really really good. I'm amazed at the detail considering it's an open world game and anyone living in LA knows how much stuff they have to cover.

Looks okay, but why WASTE detail on little things you NEVER see like bolts on a spinning wheel versus things you see ALL THE TIME, like the road!?!?

As for "open world" and "no loading times", my money's going towards the 60fps monster oozing with style, Burnout Paradise.

Gattsu25

Banned
praxis69 said:
Am I the only guy who thinks this looks phenomenal? I'd even say they're bullshots.
I think it looks great

Then again, I'm a total Midnight Club nut

I think part 2 was the best 'street race' game last gen

Dolphin

Banned
KTallguy said:
What's the difference between this and burnout?
Completely different. These games are free roaming games where you drive around looking for people to race you in recreations of real cities.

KTallguy

Banned
Dolphin said:
Completely different. These games are free roaming games where you drive around looking for people to race you in recreations of real cities.

That's true, but isn't the new burnout doing exactly that?

I guess the real city part isn't as important to Burnout though, it's more about crazy ramps and stuff, right?

TaKeRx

The only difference for me, between Burnout and MC4 it's the licensed cars(unless They have them on burnout) and of course the crashes. I can only get one so I'll definately get MC4 over Burnout. I really hope they got the STi on MC4. the didn't last time. :(

ram

TaKeRx said:
The only difference for me, between Burnout and MC4 it's the licensed cars(unless They have them on burnout) and of course the crashes. I can only get one so I'll definately get MC4 over Burnout. I really hope they got the STi on MC4. the didn't last time. :(

i dont give a shit on licensed cars - because they are the same in almost every fucking car game out there. the burnout cars are really good looning and the 60fps framerate will do wonders, which MC4 never can...

Bildi

This is one of many series last gen that I liked the look of but never got around to it. This will be my first foray into the series. Looks great.

McLovin

Wow some of you guys have some crazy standards. You know it takes allot of time/money to make cars as detailed as GT5. The graphics look great IMO, as long as the gameplay is good I might just pic this up. If its 60fps then its a definite buy.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I'm loving that they have a 280Z in the game. I drive one that is very similar to the one in that picture. Can't wait to tear into this game. Every one of the Midnight Club games has been rad so far.

First-Hand Preview of Midnight Club.

The first thing to forget about is dark, gloomy streets. I like some visual variety and vibrancy in my arcade racers, and despite sticking with the name 'Midnight' Club, the first change is that the game is now set in daylight. Not just daylight actually; there's a 24-hour day-to-night cycle, so where Midnight Club: DUB Edition dabbled with dawn and dusk races, there's now an in-game clock, so you're going to be able to race at any time of day, regardless of specific races.

The next thing to forget about is so-so last-gen visuals. Midnight Club LA is a visual BEAST of a game. With it running on the RAGE engine, which powers Rockstar's Table Tennis and also the forthcoming Grand Theft Auto IV, you can in fact expect a very similar visual quality to the in-car segments of GTA4 - scenes which we have already given high praise to in our first-hand GTA4 coverage earlier this year.

Pimpbaa

Obaid said:
well the graphics sux ( i am sorry but i have been playing the GT demo to death ). The game was always a allright game and i think this one will be allright as well.

Don't compare a linear racer to an open one in regards to graphics. It's just silly.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
As an LA resident, I've never seen a 101 West freeway sign. All the ones I've seen are 101 North/South. It does curve west when you're out of the Sepulveda pass, but I'm pretty sure it's still considered North, not West unless you're well outside of Los Angeles.

Pimpbaa

Eggo said:
As an LA resident, I've never seen a 101 West freeway sign. All the ones I've seen are 101 North/South. It does curve west when you're out of the Sepulveda pass, but I'm pretty sure it's still considered North, not West unless you're well outside of Los Angeles.

What?! *cancels preorder*

Eggo said:

I live in LA and have seen 101 West signs on plenty of occasions, mostly in the valley

metroid23

kikizo said:
The first thing to forget about is dark, gloomy streets... where Midnight Club: DUB Edition dabbled with dawn and dusk races, there's now an in-game clock, so you're going to be able to race at any time of day, regardless of specific races.

Cool, I guess. But there was something that really struck a chord with me in MC:DUB about racing during the early morning or late night/evening that stood out. When I think back on the game as a whole, it was those dusk races that I loved the most and would go back and replay over and over again. Seeing the whole city lit by purples and blues by the water, cruising around in the early morning- man, you just can't beat it.

Lambtron said:
I'm pretty juiced for this game. Midnight Club 2 was epic. Woooo!

I played that game for ages I swear. I used to kick peoples ass up and down online. It got to the point where I knew the LA and Tokyo cities backwards and forwards. It also got to the point where the small clan we created was feared online. If there were 3 of us in a room you were guaranteed not to win. Yea its safe to say I'll be picking this up.

ram

speculawyer said:
With it running on the RAGE engine, which powers Rockstar's Table Tennis and also the forthcoming Grand Theft Auto IV, you can in fact expect a very similar visual quality to the in-car segments of GTA4 - scenes which we have already given high praise to in our first-hand GTA4 coverage earlier this year.

ah thats why all the pedestrian cars still look like they were taken from midnight club 1.

Top Bottom