• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might be done with Consoles Next Gen

SNG32

I'm ready to say fukk it and go PC.

Sony putting exclusives on there next gen, Microsoft already putting all there exclusives and gamepass on PC, Pretty much every third party game drops on PC.
There are two Switch emulators in the works.
Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U emulators are playable now
You can run android for your mobile gaming needs if you want to.
All the emulators for all the classic consoles make it a true king in the backwards compatibility department.
Most games are going cross play for multiplayer so you don't even need to pay monthly for online.
Steam deals are sometimes cheaper than console.
You can play the three gamepads from Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.

With the Master Race you can never loss and are pretty much covered in every aspect.

Skyr

giphy.gif

Bkdk

I might still get next gen consoles for one or two times exclusives from Japanese developers. Other than that, it’s all pc for me. That’s what I did this gen too. I skipped all Sony and MS first party titles and I’ll only consider playing them if they release a
Competent PC version with robust mod support.

Animagic

Banned

Sony putting exclusives on there next gen, Microsoft already putting all there exclusives and gamepass on PC, Pretty much every third party game drops on PC.
All the emulators for all the classic consoles make it a true king in the backwards compatibility department.
Most games are going cross play for multiplayer so you don't even need to pay monthly for online.

With the Master Race you can never loss and are pretty much covered in every aspect.

I’m done being chained to a desk or couch. Hybrid all the way for me moving forward. The tech will only get better over time.

kyoji

with as much as i see pc plebs begging for ports or waiting for release of a game , are u sure about this op?

StormCell

Until something about your hardware setup or driver configuration causes it to all come crumbling down. There's always one thing or another that just isn't right or quite perfect when it comes to PCs. I remember when I first encountered the Z-fighting in Skyrim. What a nasty little surprise that was as I was tromping across that dull brown marshscape. I'm not anti-PC. I build my own ever so often. Still there are benefits to just gaming on a $400 box and accepting that we're all getting basically the same packaged experience free of troubleshooting.

Fake

Are you using a Nintendo Switch while the Switch emulators are on work?

Last edited:
As i say
PC for third party games
Playstation for Sony exclusives and some Japanise stuff
Handheld for playing on the go (used to be psp/psv but now we go Switch for Nintendo stuff)

slade

Why do so many people think everyone wants to play TLOU2?

I couldn't give two shits about it. The first one bored me to death.

His first sentence was about Sony exclusives coming to PC and that is the next big one coming up.

I thought that way as well current gen. PC isn't a bed of roses though, and went back to handheld gaming.

I think I can fully understand the appeal between the two things, and I think they are all legitimate. I never took part in the whole PC vs. consoles "warfare" as I owned both in the 90s and beyond. lol

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I actually heard Sony is going to do temporary exclusives on pc now. Ps5 plebs gonna have to wait 1 year to play sony games.

this is what you dream of hearing, isn't it?

PC costs $$$$ to build
PC costs $$$$ to stay current
If you have spare $$$$ lying around, by all means go PC if you want.

Majority of people just want to get home from work, jump in a game and play. Not many would want to fiddle with graphics drivers, updates etc that one would find on PC.

Console costs alot less money. Not everyone can throw $$$$ around to build a PC.

Nymphae

Banned

I dunno man. I bought a launch PS4. Still using it daily, no issues.
I built a PC around the same time, and stopped playing it years ago because it required upgrades to stay current. I spent over double what my PS4 cost. For me personally, I'm quite happy buying a single device that will last me the entire gen with no upgrades needed.

Top Bottom