• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty Gunvolt delivered to all Mighty No. 9 backers. (US redeemable only)

Mr-Joker

Banned
If I live outside North America, is it possible to get a code for my region?
Sorry but we can only offer everyone North American 3DS eShop codes. We realize backers come from all over the world, and we very much value our fans from other countries, but unfortunately region-free codes were not an option, so we picked the region where the majority of our backers hailed from.

Oh so because I live in dirty Europe I have to get saddle with a useless US code? Duck off with that bullcrap, I paid good money so give me a valid code or offer something else instead of a feeble sorry excuse.

mclem

Oh so because I live in dirty Europe I have to get saddle with a useless US code? Duck off with that bullcrap, I paid good money so give me a valid code or offer something else instead of a feeble sorry excuse.

To be fair, you didn't actually pay 'good money' to get this code :)

KarmaCow

Did you need to do something else besides back the game? Still haven't got a code yet. I put down money for the PC version and have been basically ignoring all email updates since then.

El Topo

Isn't this just something they're offering as a thanks or was this a promised kickstarter reward? I don't really see it as a big issue, even if it is quite unfortunate for non-Americans.

Did you need to do something else besides back the game? Still haven't got a code yet. I put down money for the PC version and have been basically ignoring all email updates since then.

A few people haven't gotten codes yet, it could be they just haven't all been sent out yet.

You may also want to check your spam folders because it looks like a few others have found their beta and other codes there.

Isn't this just something they're offering as a thanks or was this a promised kickstarter reward? I don't really see the problem in this case, even if it is quite unfortunate for non-Americans.

This was a bonus announced at PAX. No one even knew about Mighty Gunvolt till just before Azure Gunvolt was released.

El Topo

This was a bonus announced at PAX. No one even knew about Mighty Gunvolt till just before Azure Gunvolt was released.

Then I don't see why Europeans should be too angry, even if it's (of course) unfortunate. It's not as if everyone owns a 3DS either.

zruben

Banned
I kept charging out of habit/memory and releasing only to charge straight into an enemy attack instead of shooting. Very hard habit to break in mega man-style game.

hahaha, yeah, it happens the same to me.

a lot of health loss and deaths just doing that by muscle memory.

I backed the game and I haven't got a code or even anything regarding the beta.

How can I play the beta?

If you paid $80 (the beta tier) you should have gotten an e-mail by now, it did end up in some people's spam folders so best start your search there.

Holy shit. I planned on just buying MN9 when it actually came out, but now I wish I'd thrown a couple bucks their way.

I'd be eternally grateful if a kind person outside of NA would pm me their code.

ibsY2bPeOh6DnY.gif

I got mine a few days ago, but I got a JP 3DS, so I guess I'll just give mine away somewhere around here.

EDIT : I gave the code to the first person who asked me by MP, I didn't think about where to give it when I first posted, sorry.

Thanks! :D

Cool of them to do this.
I'll take a code if anyone doesn't want it. I have a lot of HB fodder if interested.

Dumb question. Do Inti Creates know the region of their backers? If so, couldn't they have just given US codes to US backers etc? Or maybe even had it so you request the code rather than be given it (including a disclaimer that EU codes are not available yet but sign up to hear more etc...).

That would avoid what we have which is "here is a present, I think you like it but it might not be your size or colour".

Edit: If they tried this in Europe that would be a mess in itself. Australia is considered a separate region as far as download codes go...

Cbajd5

Not sure why they couldn't give out Japanese codes too at the very least, it's available on their eShop too isn't it? i'm not sure why this was a "we have to get all the codes from only one region" situation.

Anyways, if anyone gets a code they don't want/can't use I'd very much appreciate getting one. in return I can reveal a secret of the universe.

Not sure why they couldn't give out Japanese codes too at the very least, it's available on their eShop too isn't it? i'm not sure why this was a "we have to get all the codes from only one region" situation.

Anyways, if anyone gets a code they don't want/can't use I'd very much appreciate getting one. in return I can reveal a secret of the universe.

Probably a last minute decision. They probably made their codes for PAX (hence NA only) were given the oppurtunity to make as many more codes as they wanted by NoA.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just a heads up! Modbot is the perfect tool for making giveaways like this. That way people wont have to try to redeem codes that are already taken, and you'll know who grabbed the code.

Hmm I can't even find my old becker code, sent them an email on their site hopefully they can help me out :[ back during the kickstarter campaign for this I had my parents buy this for me as a gift, I forgot that my brother made a separate kickstater account for them which they used to get me the $80 tier. They've just been deleting the emails without thinking they were important ;-; sent them an email and tweet hopefully they can help me get the codes

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
What's Mighty Gunvolt like? is it like Mighty No9? Damn.. I should've Backed Mighty No.9 when it was on Kickstarter.

It's pretty short and 8-bit from what I understand. If you buy Azure Striker Gunvolt for 3DS you get Mighty Gunvolt for free. They're both 3DS exclusive though.

stuminus3

Banned
What's Mighty Gunvolt like? is it like Mighty No9? Damn.. I should've Backed Mighty No.9 when it was on Kickstarter.
It's a super short and super easy Mega Man clone that can be beaten in about 10-15 minutes. It's more of a marketing thing than an actual fully fledged game. It's cool though.

It's pretty short and 8-bit from what I understand. If you buy Azure Striker Gunvolt for 3DS you get Mighty Gunvolt for free. They're both 3DS exclusive though.

It's a super short and super easy Mega Man clone that can be beaten in about 10-15 minutes. It's more of a marketing thing than an actual fully fledged game. It's cool though.

Maybe i'll buy Azure Striker Gunvolt for this. My 3DS needs more stuff on it. lol

Top Bottom