• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always Official Trailer

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I enjoyed power rangers very much I thought the recent rangers (beast Morphers, Dino fury) were great. I will have to watch this.
Power Rangers 1990S GIF
Power Rangers Success GIF

Thaedolus

Gold Member
That trailer took all the memberberry trailer tropes and mashed them all together. I've never felt so pandered to in my entire life.

Meh I'll probably give it a watch if I have absolutely nothing else to do one night.

wvnative

I get it it's the 30th anniversary and all, but i'm so tired of everything being mighty morphin, and this don't look great.

Will at least watch what people think though, I have some nostalgia for it, but I grew up with In Space at a young age, and later on, Time Force, Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder.

Doczu

Ok, i didn't know this was being made.

Can't wait to roll a fat one, press play and get fed some member berries

Fbh

Meh.
I understand Jason David Frank and Thuy Trang sadly passed away so a full reunion wasn't possible. But if they couldn't even get the actors for Jason and Kimberly on board maybe the project wasn't meant to be.

"Hey remember OG power rangers? Come watch the reunion except it's only 2 of the OG's and also your first crush isn't here and statistically your favorite ranger growing up isn't here either"

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
bad news, friend.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I'll give it a glance when it releases, but it's a shame it couldn't at least have Tommy in. If only. But such is life.

ClosBSAS

What's with the hate for the original cast? They are awesome. The real and only pr movie is power rangers the movie with Ivan ooze, that was the shit.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
So I fell off after the In Space conclusion, because ick reboot canon, but like...srs lore question -

Didn't Rita get hit with like...the Zordon orgasm #ded wave along with every other villain up to that point, and unlike most of them whom got instantly Peter Jackson Mordor'd/Thanos Snapped, her and Zed and maybe that cunt Divatox, all turned back into Hugh Manns, so like...

Why did she get a new body? What happened to her old one? Did the Japanese chick who played her in the Sentai footage pass away or something and that's why? The YAW in the trailer was like SHE DONE DID MY MOM IN and I can only assume that means Trini, so are they like...incorporating real life occurrences like death into the storyline? Because that feels icky if so. "Man, Zack, thank God. We tried to get Tommy on the communicator but it turns out he got hit by a car at an intersection!" like...just say motherfuckers are in Cherub's Meadow, the town right next to Angel's Grove, raising their brood of children together in the same school district and sitting together at the bleachers during home high school football games or whatever. No need to push it TO THE EDGE because it's on Netflix and not Fox Kids, because people who didn't grow up with it won't give a fuck anyway, and the people that did probably have figured out how to get their gritty, grounded fiction fix and don't need to resort to the fucking Power Rangers for an adrenaline filled MA fuck flinging kill fest or whatever. I'm old. Burgundy is a dignified color. The only foolish question is the one unasked. Statistically, people don't ask questions that will make them sound stupid. It's a logical thing. Cool beans. Fuck Netflix.

Rockondevil

Gold Member
So is it a 2 part thing or a series?
I’m 100% down for a movie or 2 part movie but not really keen for another show.

Pejo

So is it a 2 part thing or a series?
I’m 100% down for a movie or 2 part movie but not really keen for another show.
Info is still pretty scant, but it looks like a 2 part series with 55min runtime each part.

I don't think there's enough material to make a whole season, but that amount of time should be possible to fill. I have to say that I'm at least impressed that they look to be catering to the actual fans that grew up with the show and not trying to make it some big "for modern audiences" shlock.

This Wiki article states that David Yost (Blue Ranger in the show) was the one driving the original project, so that's a good thing in my opinion.

I'm not expecting a top 10 TV series of 2023, but as a respectful kickback for fans that were kids when the original show aired, I think it could be fun.

When I was a kid, the Blue Ranger was probably the first time I recognized what bad acting truly was.

...and judging by this trailer, it doesn't look like he's improved one bit over the past 20+ years.

Top Bottom