• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 news FINALLY - Portable versions and physical rewards still coming

chrono01

I'm guessing fangamer is handling everything and probably got the sketches in a shipment. The whole project was just kind of sad. It's not a terrible game but it's not great either just kind of bland. I'm glad that bloodstained is looking positive and not a whirlwind of incompetence that this one ended up being.
Agreed about everything, including Bloodstained.

MN9 has definitely made a lot more weary about Kickstarters. I still pledge, but I'm a lot more careful about what I back and really think things through, including the amount pledged. I try not to let my hype decide anymore, which I did in MN9's case.

Lesson learned, I guess.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
My face when opening email...

3eL8461.png

:|

Nekofrog

Banned
I actually had to go back and search my gmail for Mighty No. 9 to see how much I pledged.

$60 in 2013. I'm getting a box and I'm not sure I even want it lol

edit: the estimated arrival date of said item was april 2015

Sacul64GC

Banned
I actually had to go back and search my gmail for Mighty No. 9 to see how much I pledged.

Same, I tried to play it at launch. First my PC download copy would not save. Then I waited later in the day for my steam copy to work. The codes were broken but the game code work. On my 2nd stage the game crashed and I have not touched it since. Probably gonna just trash my pos cardboard box.

sjay1994

I pledged 250....

I don't even want this shit anymore.

If this game did anything for me... it thought me never fall for KS hype.

Ravek

Banned
Same, I tried to play it at launch. First my PC download copy would not save. Then I waited later in the day for my steam copy to work. The codes were broken but the game code work. On my 2nd stage the game crashed and I have not touched it since. Probably gonna just trash my pos cardboard box.

What's this box look like?

I can't believe physical rewards still haven't been fulfilled

What an amazing mess

honestly i thought this was going to be about red ash

Rymuth

Hino stepping in to save us all, bless you Hino

Still think this is a stinker of an investment on Level-5's part...

Danji

I'd say this was good news but no Mighty No 9 news is good news. But who knows, maybe I'll stop being some astronomical level of pissed about this sometime before I die. Doubtful.

$250

Ragnamith

Pledged this in 2013 and still havn't played this. And the game ended up looking like it wont even be worth the space/blocks on my 3DS.

IrishNinja

oh good, now that box for that code i didn't even use will show up, neat

not as neat as the actual boxed version for cheaper on amazon, but hey, thanks for poisoning the well with these KS's, inafune

Klart

"we estimate to release them within 2017 (it could be earlier, "

It'll be hard to release before 2017.

Szadek

Getting that shit now must feel like you forgot to cancel the preorder for a present for your gf that broke up with you since then.
"we estimate to release them within 2017 (it could be earlier, "

It'll be hard to release before 2017.
It's called time travel.
Duh.

they should have a "don't bother" option on their kickstarter.
i mean you don't have to manufacture something so i can toss it in the garbage as soon as it gets to me. just save the ressource and time needed.

Wereroku

Well I just got an email from Fangamer to update my address so I guess this is actually happening. So if you are still waiting for something check your email's looks like they are making everyone reconfirm them.

budpikmin

Can confirm I have an email from fangamer. At this point I'm not sure I want a physical reminder of such a disappointment

chrono01

Well I just got an email from Fangamer to update my address so I guess this is actually happening. So if you are still waiting for something check your email's looks like they are making everyone reconfirm them.
Probably to see if people have moved and/or are still alive after the long wait.

I received the email as well. Nice to see the end is in-sight.

So, Professor No. 9, anyone? Mighty Layton?
Not sure what to thing about the buy out, but with Mighty Gunvolt Burst looking really good, maybe MN9 has another shot coming into LEVEL5.

Better than nothing.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Probably to see if people have moved and/or are still alive after the long wait.

I received the email as well. Nice to see the end is in-sight.
And trying to save money not shipping out stuff to people who don't want it any more.

Wereroku

So, Professor No. 9, anyone? Mighty Layton?
Not sure what to thing about the buy out, but with Mighty Gunvolt Burst looking really good, maybe MN9 has another shot coming into LEVEL5.

Better than nothing.

The sad part is MN9 could have been good given the time and budget it needed. The constant porting stretch goals probably killed the budget he should have managed the project better.

And trying to save money not shipping out stuff to people who don't want it any more.

Who would be stupid enough to decide they don't want what they already paid for? Even if you just flip it on ebay for a fraction of the price it's still something back.

That Level 5 comcept thing is pure bollocks; I love Level 5 and the care that goes into their games, but this doesn't make me feel optimistic at all.
Glad to see people are getting what they paid for, though, even if it's a lot later than promised.

I can't wait to see the 3DS version. If the PS4 version struggles to get a locked 60 FPS while looking as garish as it does, this is going to be a spectacle of shit.

Top Bottom