• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9: No. 0 Potential DLC Teaser

BY2K

Membero Americo
I don't know if people saw this, searched and came up with nothing.

So this is a teaser for a potential, possible, big maybe DLC pre-order (?) bonus that teases Mighty No.0, who of course is meant to be Zero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYSlhC9zVI

He reminds me a bit too much of MMZ Zero. I'm starting to wonder how far can comcept go before Capcom can consider suing.

LePie

I'm not actually sure. Can't this just be a spoiler of an alternate version of MN9's final boss? Or at least an additional one?

nynt9

It's not even sure it's gonna be DLC or if it will exist at all.

It's a maybe, "we're thinking about it" bonus DLC teaser.

It's weird.

With their track record I wouldn't really be surprised at this point.

I'm not actually sure. Can't this just be a spoiler of MN9's final boss?

The video's official title is "Potential Bonus DLC Teaser"

Camjo-Z

I'm not really a fan of how this game is going about development. Seems like every time I hear about it they're either showing how much they can rip-off Mega Man or boasting about some extra side project that they're working on before the game is even out.

nynt9

What track record?

These two pretty much said it for me:

I'm not really a fan of how this game is going about development. Seems like every time I hear about it they're either showing how much they can rip-off Mega Man or boasting about some extra side project that they're working on before the game is even out.

Bitting more than they can chew seems to be a pattern with this project.

Edit: also these guys:

Expect this to be the next "stretch goal" for their extended fund raising campaign where Inafune continues to exploit the nostalgia of fans to give them more money before delivering satisfying product! He really is the best businessman.

Wow, TMN9 has a TV show, a Gunvolt cameo and now DLC plans. Inafune's certainly getting the most out of this IP before it's even finished.

They're really milking people for money as hard as they can with this project.

MrBadger

Wow, TMN9 has a TV show, a Gunvolt cameo and now DLC plans. Inafune's certainly getting the most out of this IP before it's even finished.

duckroll

I'm not actually sure. Can't this just be a spoiler of an alternate version of MN9's final boss? Or at least an additional one?

Did you watch the video at all? Lol. Right from the start:

8fMVEDo.jpg

Expect this to be the next "stretch goal" for their extended fund raising campaign where Inafune continues to exploit the nostalgia of fans to give them more money before delivering satisfying product! He really is the best businessman.

jett

D-Member
Surely this "DLC" would be free to all backers, right.

Anyway, not surprised that it looks like a clone from another MM character, seems to be par for the course.

Unrelated, but I wish they would revamp their logo. Every time it shows up on trailers and whatnot I think "man, that's sum ugly." I guess that is also par for the course. :p

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh God I didn't even notice the "Visit MIGHTYNO9.COM to learn how to make it possible" thing.

He's gonna ask the fans to fund this AGAIN!? The second crowdfunding went horribly, why does it think a 3rd one is gonna work?

Is he gonna use the money for that for real is will he put it on another version of Soul Sacrifice?

These two pretty much said it for me:

Edit: also these guys:

They're really milking people for money as hard as they can with this project.

Uh, I still don't see the problem? About the only thing they've done to "milk" money for was voice acting. The TV show is nothing they are paying for (they licensed it to another company), and I'm not sure how a Gunvolt cameo is a bad thing. And the DLC isn't even confirmed. It's just there.

Also, of course they are going for nostalgia. That's the entire point. To continue "Mega Man" without actually continuing Mega Man. Not sure why that's a complaint considering that was the entire point from the beginning.

Tizoc

8fMVEDo.jpg

How much you paid him so far :V

nynt9

Uh, I still don't see the problem? About the only thing they've done to "milk" money for was voice acting. The TV show is nothing they are paying for (they licensed it to another company), and I'm not sure how a Gunvolt cameo is a bad thing. And the DLC isn't even confirmed. It's just there.

Also, of course they are going for nostalgia. That's the entire point. To continue "Mega Man" without actually continuing Mega Man. Not sure why that's a complaint considering that was the entire point from the beginning.

If you don't see an issue with planning DLC even before the game is barely playable then i have nothing to say to you.

shuri

Banned
Capcom's legal team must be monitoring that stuff. Wow

edit: I'm not really a huge fan of Megaman, I loved the first ones on the nes when it came out, but I've just looked at that page, and wow that new 'Might No. 9' guy feels so bootleg. It really has that deviant-art fan project feel. I assume the fanbase will insta-mod the game to re-add the original blue megaman within minutes of the game coming out for PC..

Kriken

So what's the stretch goal for this one gonna cost? 20k? 50k? Oh wait, we'll need VA for him as well, add another 20k
/s

Toparaman

Banned

8fMVEDo.jpg

Kamiya really knows his shit.

If you don't see an issue with planning DLC even before the game is barely playable then i have nothing to say to you.

Why would I have an issue with it? It's the norm. If it doesn't effect the original product, and isn't "on disc DLC" or cut content from the original product, why should I care what they're "planning"? 99% of DLC is "planned."

JNA

Banned

I'm with you there. This is just annoying now. I'm almost sick of hearing about this game now too. And once again they are asking for even more money. Its almost as bad as that Broken Age kickstarter lol.

Seriously just finish and release the damn game already. Then they can talk about all the DLCs they want to cram in.

Oh God I didn't even notice the "Visit MIGHTYNO9.COM to learn how to make it possible" thing.

He's gonna ask the fans to fund this AGAIN!? The second crowdfunding went horribly, why does it think a 3rd one is gonna work?

Is he gonna use the money for that for real is will he put it on another version of Soul Sacrifice?

He need funding for that 3DS pirate game

Miker

Yup, that's MMZero, all right. With hints of Bass as well. Hopefully he's not overdesigned like Beck. If it weren't Inti Creates behind this game, I would be a lot more pessimistic about it, but they did make Mega Man Zero, so I'm still pretty sure they'll deliver.

Another thing he can hold over fans desperate for another Mega Man game, despite playing like two dozen of them already

Meanwhile, in the world of Viewtiful Joe clones...*tumbleweed blows by*

I'D LIKE TO BE EXPLOITED TO, GUYS

Zomba13

"Hey guys I did a sketch of Zero crossed with Bass and am thinking about making him DLC, what do you think?"

SerTapTap

Yeah, sorta looks like a concept for Omega from MMZ3 or something. Whatever though, it's not like you can't say Toriyama's stuff doesn't all look fairly similar either, he's got a style and I'm fine with it.

Top Bottom