• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mii Fighter Costume Leak (Possible 5th Fighter Pass Hint?)

Jooxed

Gold Member
Leaked from 4chan. Do you believe or not?

UPR9kgN.png

Also this was posted from someone from the smash modding community

As someone in the Ultimate modding community, this personally has me convinced.

The big thing about it is just how differently Mii stuff works in Ultimate vs. Smash 4. In Smash 4, Mii outfits directly scaled with the size of the Mii in question, which was a quick and easy way to make sure they all looked decent. However, this wasn’t obviously the best solution, as it meant that a lot of Mii costume parts would clip into each other pretty badly and not look great as a result.

In Ultimate, they changed that. There’s now a specific sizing algorithm for each individual Mii piece in order to prevent that issue from occurring again, at least as frequently. That algorithm is hard-coded into the Mii characters themselves, meaning that in order to find it, you’d have to dig through the entirety of each Mii’s code to even get started on Mii costume mods. And in the video, the hats are on two different Mii types, meaning they’d have to do that whole process twice.

In addition to that, there’s a notorious filesize problem that’s severely limited Ultimate modding so far. If a modded file is bigger than the base file it’s replacing, the game will crash upon trying to load that file. So if you have a 2 megabyte file and replace it with a 2.1 megabyte file, the game crashes. This is notable because, without the specific tools Sakurai and co. use to compress these files, modders have a very hard time shrinking their high-quality mods down under that limit. That in of itself is why Ultimate modding is so slow. Now, consider the fact that Mii costume files are tiny compared to actual fighter files, and it gives serious credence to these high-quality modeled hats. If they’re mods, they’re not only better modeled than any Smash 4 Mii costume, they’re also several leagues smaller in terms of filesize in order for them to even be able to work in Ultimate.

kunonabi

I'd be cool with doom guy since he would fill a play style we dont have yet.

I'd still like to see Haybusa and Lara Croft eventually though.

SuperGooey

Always nice to see SMRPG get represented, especially Mallow who is a much more interesting and likable character than Geno if you ask me.

And Doom getting into Smash is nice. I was kinda hoping for Doomguy to be a playable character just for how weird that would be, but having the Cacodemon as Mii fighter costume is something.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Nevermind the maybe real or fake leak it's hype time.

MJmO8Bc.gif

Top Bottom