• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miitomo hits 3,000,000 users worldwide

JoeM86

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/715781763692408832

Ce73uLNWEAAWh0M.jpg

We know Japan got 1 million already, so almost 2 million in just over 12 hours. Incredible.

Atheerios

So far I like the games themselves (or I should say game), it manages to have that unique Nintendo style and charm, while bringing an innovative experience that hasn't really been done before (not just another mobile game).

However, Nintendo just every time manages to screw it up in one way or another: blocking root / jailbreak users and limiting the app to a very few countries is just plain stupid.

Gurnlei

I've been checking it every half hour or so all day today. Doubt that frequency will last but can see myself checking it daily for awhile now. Real polished and fun app.

Dicer

Banned
So far I like the games themselves (or I should say game), it manages to have that unique Nintendo style and charm, while bringing an innovative experience that hasn't really been done before (not just another mobile game).

However, Nintendo just every time manages to screw it up in one way or another: blocking root / jailbreak users and limiting the app to a very few countries is just plain stupid.
Except you can get around the root and jailbreak block...if you know how to root or break then the fix isn't rocket science on either end.

Stencil

Whoa shit. That's pretty good, right? Thought about downloading it today but is it fun if you have no friends who are on it?

I didn't expect any of my friends to play this game, but one of them surprisingly found out about it and got about 5 other people to download it. It's pretty fun with friends, and Miifotos are great. Just wish I was more creative with it!

FZZ

Banned
That's how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men...cruel

Bitanator

Would like to see how this does in Europe, Tomodachi life sold quite well over there if I'm not mistaken, France

Zalman

I wish it was out here yet. I want to play it.

Just out of curiosity, does Miitomo require you to make a Nintendo Account? Because that was one of the main goals of this app.

lherre

Accurate
I'm surprised with the comments since I don't see anything special on the app itself and I wouldn't describe it as "fun".

But good job in this case from Nintendo.

Z..

I can't launch the app. It crashes on startup everytime. Tried on iPhone and iPad, restarted both devices and reinstalled on both devices. Nothing.

What do you actually do in the app? All I can see in the videos about it is stuff that revolves around decorating and personalizing your Mii... is there anything past that?

jaina

I wish it was out here yet. I want to play it.

Just out of curiosity, does Miitomo require you to make a Nintendo Account? Because that was one of the main goals of this app.
yes. so > 3 million accounts so far. (even when most might be "login with twitter" or "login with facebook" accounts)

MayMay

Banned
I can't launch the app. It crashes on startup everytime. Tried on iPhone and iPad, restarted both devices and reinstalled on both devices. Nothing.

What do you actually do in the app? All I can see in the videos about it is stuff that revolves around decorating and personalizing your Mii... is there anything past that?

Jailbroken? Because the game does crash on startup due to some dumb jailbreak detection

If you iOS device is jailbroken you need to find a Cydia repository that has xcon. Install that and you're fine.
It's still quite the resource hungry beast on an iPad 2.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Please come to more regions. Start with Norway

Atheerios

Except you can get around the root and jailbreak block...if you know how to root or break then the fix isn't rocket science on either end.

Yes, I know (and did) that, however, this just makes bigger the point if how stupid was to implement the block in the first place.

If you're jailbroken, install tsProtector and add Miitomo to the blacklist. Guess they do this because of the IAPs.

Now please bring this out in the rest of the world.

Top Bottom