• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MiiVerse now allows you to post new messages on PC (not jest replies)

ASTROID2

You can now post new messages through the PC.

EDIT: You can also follow people now from the PC.

EDIT 2:
The update looks to be pretty substantial beyond just posting from the web. You can now also follow people from the web app, as well as view friends/following lists, update profile details, and edit general Miiverse settings (i.e. who can comment on your posts). All that's left to add seems to be Private Messaging.

EDIT 3:
(You now can) View any Miiverse post, even if you don't have a Nintendo Network ID or are not signed in. As long as you have the URL for a post, you can open it.

EDIT 4:
The restriction between making new posts has been reduced from five minutes to three.

7mob5yW.jpg

BriBri

Still can't use my stylus on my iPad yet though:/ The following is a great help, but less reason to turn on my Wii U:D

Show us what you posted.

Basically a girl wrote on the Mario World Community "I cannot wait to see my boyfriend and have dinner"

I replied with "This post is not relevant at all to the discussion. Also, No one cares. I did write some funny and borderline offensive comments and screenshots before but you know what the mods are like!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Basically a girl wrote on the Mario World Community "I cannot wait to see my boyfriend and have dinner"

I replied with "This post is not relevant at all to the discussion. Also, No one cares. I did write some funny and borderline offensive comments and screenshots before but you know what the mods are like!

So you were perma'd for being a jerk.

freddy

Banned

Like what?

zoukka

Someone did care!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
One step closer to becoming the biggest gaming forum ever built. Search functions and communities will be the next step. The last one will be to extend message length.

I love the pace of these updates and how seriously they take this miiverse project.

SmokyDave

Yup, that sounds like Miiverse.

Cynar

That's actually pretty cool. I'm glad Nintendo is finally enabling features similar to the others. Still need smash bros on a store shelf until I buy one along with a price cut. :p

SmokyDave

I know right? I love Nintendo and the games they make but I was really annoyed when I got the boot yet she broke the T and C for talking about an irrelevant subject in a Mario World community.
I thought the terms were that you had to make inane statements and for bonus points, you put 'lol' in the sentence at least twice.

zoukka

I know right? I love Nintendo and the games they make but I was really annoyed when I got the boot yet she broke the T and C for talking about an irrelevant subject in a Mario World community.

You should know that off-topic is never as bad in any gaming forum (like GAF) as thread police and douchiness.

marc^o^

Yup, that sounds like Miiverse.
If you want GAF like posts on miiverse, follow GAF members. Though I think the best feature will simply be to create private GAF communities. It will look more like a board, less like twitter.

CrisKre

So it was Swift Justice in operation. Good. :p

Ha. I imagine that to be so. To be fair, that game is supposed to be rated M right? On the other hand, that's generally where the 13 year olds like to congregate on the other consoles...

Correct but I have seen some really offensive emblems. They are children which worries me even more.

marc^o^

I'm on the iPhone HTML5 app and there's now a slideshow featuring best posts on the front page. Neat.

Mokaman51

Neo Member
It worked with comments, so I assume with posts: a cool feature that you can do through internet Miiverse is symbols: ✩✙♫☺, etc.
While being able to post is cool, I'm still waiting for Private Messages to work on PC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
One step closer to becoming the biggest gaming forum ever built. Search functions and communities will be the next step. The last one will be to extend message length.

I love the pace of these updates and how seriously they take this miiverse project.
Yep, Nintendo is making all the right moves here. Unfortunately will be a an over moderated playground for children because of their strict policies, but it fits well within their ethos and that doesn't mean everyone can't enjoy it, just some people's sense of humour might not be tolerated. Probably not sarcasm either.

marc^o^

Yep, Nintendo is making all the right moves here. Unfortunately will be a an over moderated playground for children because of their strict policies, but it fits well within their ethos and that doesn't mean everyone can enjoy it, just some people's sense of humour might not be tolerated. Probably not sarcasm either.
I assume they won't moderate private communities. I'm pretty sure they won't.

JSR

The update looks to be pretty substantial beyond just posting from the web. You can now also follow people from the web app, as well as view friends/following lists, update profile details, and edit general Miiverse settings (i.e. who can comment on your posts). All that's left to add seems to be Private Messaging.

SmokyDave

If you want GAF like posts on miiverse, follow GAF members. Though I think the best feature will simply be to create private GAF communities. It will look more like a board, less like twitter.
Or I could just stick to the real thing.

At this point, I'm willing to concede that I just don't get it. The service obviously offers value to some people, I'm just not one of them. Maybe I'm too old, maybe I'm too cynical, maybe I just don't care about Nintendo enough.

Top Bottom