• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miiverse, Wii U Chat and Tvii to shut down on November 8

You will be missed

iRGNSXe.png

Opa-Pa

Miiverse is pretty much the one thing the Wii U had that I'll miss :( It was so nice, but I understand why it's not "needed" anymore.

Griss

Wow, I didn't think it would end so soon.

What a great idea Miiverse was, with an unfortunately flawed implementation. Still, it gave the Wii U so much character and we got some great memes out of it.

jholmes

Fuck off Nintendo, Miiverse is cooler than one thing you've done with the Switch. Supporting hardware for less than five years is full-on BS and that is not how you win back my business.

The idea that TVii is "shutting down" this November is pretty funny, thing barely worked and it was pulled of Wii Us years ago.

Mazzo3

Miiverse made me feel like part of a community when booting up the system, and I enjoyed seeing those silly posts popping up inside games. It's sad to see it go.

vareon

Miiverse made me feel like part of a community when booting up the system, and I enjoyed seeing those silly posts popping up inside games. It's sad to see it go.

Yeah, booting the Switch felt very isolating if you're used to seeing a lot of Miis talking stuff in Wii U. Granted it made the Wii U goddamn slow but still.

Also, nice Sunred avatar.

Real shame, I met some great people through Miiverse. It was actually replacing GAF for me for a while... oh well, guess I'm back to stay now...

Opa-Pa

I loved Miiverse too, but it makes far more sense for Nintendo to encourage their fans to share their screenshots and Splatoon messages on social media where people without a Switch will see them too than to limit their exposure to only people who already own one.

Yukinari

As long as we save some of the Smash drawings from the Miiverse stage and compile them.

sUBNeog.jpg

Also all the splatoon 1 posts

adroit

I hope they won't be shutting down the non-Miiverse online features of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Like squad tasks, global nemesis, etc. I know the bean counters (i.e., Kimishima) will inevitably shut it down at some point but I hope it won't be now.

Top Bottom