• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Mike Pence rejects Trump’s call to overturn Biden election

belmarduk

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2019
Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday said he would refuse President Donald Trump’s demand that he try to block the confirmation of Joe Biden’s election as the next president of the United States by Congress.

Pence’s statement dramtbreaking with Trump came minutes before the vice president was due to preside over a joint session of Congress, which is meeting to declare Biden the victor.

The statement confirms the view of election experts: that the vice president has no power under the Constitution to refuse to accept the certification of presidential election results from individual states.

As Pence released his statement, Trump was speaking at a rally outside of the White House, where he reiterated his call that the vice president undo Biden’s election.

CNBC

GET ITT Liberty4all Liberty4all

CloudNull

Banned
Oct 14, 2019
tfw GIF

QuantumZebra

Dec 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Good move on. Pence for president.

Pence is a fucking medieval executioner. I'd rather have a pet rock in the WH.

Still better than Kommielala, but the GOP is officially dead on this day. I have no idea how we can recover the party.

On topic: anyone who thought this would go any other way is a fool, and got fooled by an Orange Fool.

Last edited:

Mihos

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
steamcommunity.com
Pence is a fucking medieval executioner. I'd rather have a pet rock in the WH.

Still better than Kommielala, but the GOP is officially dead on this day. I have no idea how we can recover the party.

On topic: anyone who thought this would go any other way is a fool, and got fooled by an Orange Fool.

Give the dems 4 years. They will do the work of making the GOP look sane by comparison

Spokker

May 31, 2011
Pence refusing confirmation was never a possibility. The protest today is a sideshow but Biden is the next president of the United States. That has been apparent for months.

I supported Trump and would still vote for his criminal ass over any woke Democrat, but there's one thing I respect more than Trump and that's the electoral process. Without it, we don't have a country. Biden is my president after January 20.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
You'd be shocked the number of idiots who thought he would, or worse the number of idiots who thought the supreme court would side with Trump. It was never going to happen.
Oh believe me. I'm aware of what they thought was going to happen.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 3, 2014
Germany
Pence refusing confirmation was never a possibility. The protest today is a sideshow but Biden is the next president of the United States. That has been apparent for months.

Literally no one with at least one functioning brain cell expected Pence to do anything else.

QuantumZebra

Dec 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
You'd be shocked the number of idiots who thought he would, or worse the number of idiots who thought the supreme court would side with Trump. It was never going to happen.

People here fooled themselves into thinking that elected / nominated public officials who don't care about Trump at all would actually overthrow gov't to keep him in power.

Height of insanity.

America, you are a joke.

Because we have a functioning democracy that doesn't cave to the whims of a spoiled manchild who wants to play dictator?

Nah.

We're a joke because we let him push this bullshit for this long, and this narrative just cost us the senate.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011

I supported Trump and would still vote for his criminal ass over any woke Democrat, but there's one thing I respect more than Trump and that's the electoral process. Without it, we don't have a country. Biden is my president after January 20.
I think the biggest problem is that people have lost faith in the electoral process. I certainly don't trust it. We've had 4 years of "Russian Interference" in our election, and then when we have an actual election that has some very suspect things happening across multiple states, no Dem's want to step up and say that it's possible and to "trust the system." I certainly don't want Biden as a President, but I'm not against him if he won it fairly. I think when shit like this happens, a recount should come up with the same results so Dems should be happy or at least supportive of doing one.

But at the end of the day, I also don't want to see a Civil War or any further division of this country caused by Dems, so I'm willing to concede just so we can move on and just hope these next few years aren't too detrimental to the U.S.

America, you are a joke. The greatest democracy in the world? LOL

Name a country with a better system that is as big or multicultural as the US.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oct 12, 2012
I think the biggest problem is that people have lost faith in the electoral process. I certainly don't trust it. We've had 4 years of "Russian Interference" in our election, and then when we have an actual election that has some very suspect things happening across multiple states, no Dem's want to step up and say that it's possible and to "trust the system." I certainly don't want Biden as a President, but I'm not against him if he won it fairly. I think when shit like this happens, a recount should come up with the same results so Dems should be happy or at least supportive of doing one.

But at the end of the day, I also don't want to see a Civil War or any further division of this country caused by Dems, so I'm willing to concede just so we can move on and just hope these next few years aren't too detrimental to the U.S.

Name a country with a better system that is as big or multicultural as the US.
You're a tin pot country, man. No one is going to take you seriously any more.

FunkMiller

Aug 14, 2014
Hopefully all of this will shake some of the somewhat rational conspiracy nuts and denialists out of the mindset they’ve got themselves into. This will be very good for their mental health.

Last edited:

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018

You had me nodding until your conclusion.

This is exactly why the Dems stole the election. They knew when push came to shove the opposition would fold and they could get away with it. Why would they not keep on doing it when the other side is willing to concede in the name of peace? If the shoe was on the other foot, would the Dems do the same? Not a chance.

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
You had me nodding until your conclusion.

This is exactly why the Dems stole the election. They knew when push came to shove the opposition would fold and they could get away with it. Why would they not keep on doing it when the other side is willing to concede in the name of peace? If the shoe was on the other foot, would the Dems do the same? Not a chance.
I agree in principle, and I have no concern as to which side would actually win in a Civil War, I just don't want to see one happen in general. With the way the world is, there's no coming back from a Civil War in the U.S.

showernota

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2020
The sad thing is, is that you don’t understand that the rest of the world has seen America as a joke for four years.

And you are one of the greatest democracies in the world. The fact you can survive a lying, narcissistic, spoiled man baby like Trump proves it.
"The world" != you raging in your room while gnashing teeth with other very online leftists.
Go outside, see how real humans feel in your country.

Reactions: GribbleGrunger

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
I agree in principle, and I have no concern as to which side would actually win in a Civil War, I just don't want to see one happen in general. With the way the world is, there's no coming back from a Civil War in the U.S.

That's why there needed to be a very public trial in each state (with everyone being being sworn in) to give the people confidence in the process. Since there wasn't it only makes sense that it's going to get ugly.

Spokker

May 31, 2011
I think the biggest problem is that people have lost faith in the electoral process. I certainly don't trust it.
That is foolish. Our electoral process is as strong as it has ever been with more participation than ever. Biden has the most votes of all time and Trump has the 2nd most votes of all time. Those who allege massive voter fraud look at minor irregularities and generalize them. Those irregularities should be investigated if there is evidence, but sadly some claims are conjured out of thin air.

As public enemy #1 Mitch McConnell said, if they were to overturn the results it would result in a death spiral for democracy. He is correct. The protesters are wasting their time and it would be more valuable to begin the opposition campaign against the Democrats' most extreme proposals. Their majority is razor thin and Republicans still have a lot of opportunities to make their voices heard. They are squandering it on this election fraud bullshit.

Last edited:

Bitch Pudding

Oct 3, 2014
Germany
We thrived under Trump, until the Chinese bioweapon was released.
Trump isolated the US by abandoning and betraying American allies, and delivered China AND Russia the world on a silver plate. As a result, most European countries deem China AND Russia more thrustworthy than the US right now. Your entire reputation went down the tube, and I don't think Biden will be able to fix this, since we now know that an nationalist like Trump who doesn't give a flying fuck about treaties could be president again sometimes.

QuantumZebra

Dec 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Pence's career in politics is finished.

I'm sure he'll get rewarded with a nice cushy job in the private sector, though.

He's finished because he didn't overthrow our democracy to support a spoiled rich manchild's tantrum?

Fucking lol.

That is foolish. Our electoral process is as strong as it has ever been with more participation than ever. Biden has the most votes of all time and Trump has the 2nd most votes of all time. Those who allege massive voter fraud look at minor irregularities and generalize them. Those irregularities should be investigated if there is evidence, but sadly some claims are conjured out of thin air.

As public enemy #1 Mitch McConnel said, if they were to overturn the results it would result in a death spiral for democracy. He is correct. The protesters are wasting their time and it would be more valuable to begin the opposition campaign against the Democrats' most extreme proposals. Their majority is razor thin and Republicans still have a lot of opportunities to make their voices heard. They are squandering it on this election fraud bullshit.
Nailed it.

Last edited:

QuantumZebra

Dec 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
And just like that, the left respects Pence after hating him for no reason for 4 years. Just like they now respect Romney.

Will it be once scorched earth Cruz comes along, that they will love Trump?

I don't think anyone left or right hated or loved Pence. He was just... there.

And anyone that respects Romney is a fool. Dude is a neocon globalist to the core. He's been right in criticizing Trump in the past, but a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Fire
Reactions: Tesseract

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Trump isolated the US by abandoning and betraying American allies, and delivered China AND Russia the world on a silver plate. As a result, most European countries deem China AND Russia more thrustworthy than the US right now. Your entire reputation went down the tube, and I don't think Biden will be able to fix this, since we now know that an nationalist like Trump who doesn't give a flying fuck about treaties could be president again sometimes.

Imagine talking about nationalism like it is a dirty word lol. Praise nationalism. Praise all forms of minarchism. Different people should be allowed to live as they want without some worthless global authority telling them what to do, homogenizing and ruining them.

Russia is not a threat. They are an insignificant country which barely holds itself together. Even comparing them to China is fucking insane and shows you have no idea what you are talking about and the scope of the real world.

Last edited:

King of Foxes

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Latvia

And what did russia get on their plate exactly?